World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
StevenZ

Batten down the hatches: A letter from the Lead Producer

7 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

He didn't announce that so its not a given. The only thing he said was that they're looking into the diamond system (regarding a post I made on the first page when this thread was first made) it was simply a suggestion. And you don't need bugals. I haven't bought them once, and I have almost 400, and how often does someone need to change their name?

plus he said that they were looking to drop the build times (again from my earlier post) and even if they didn't that's their form of making money. They don't HAVE to do anything. Giving us free diamonds is a courtesy. In my original comment I was talking more towards when you do buy diamonds. However if they bring back the mission diamonds that will offset the imbalance of purchasing diamonds (slightly, I was able to save up 6k diamonds in a round without buying a single one when I first started). 

Your right they don't have to do anything but well they know if they don't refund some stuff they would lose a bit of a fan base from farming up blueprints

1 hour ago, TheGrimReaper said:

Your right they don't have to do anything but well they know if they don't refund some stuff they would lose a bit of a fan base from farming up blueprints

He already stated he would, they just need to get the specifics down

On March 11, 2016 at 8:12 PM, StevenZ said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Steven Zhang, the Lead Producer for World Warfare.

Allow me to begin with an admission: Our latest changes to PvP did not achieve any of our goals for World Warfare. In an attempt to realize a grand vision for the game we lost sight of some fundamentals.

We’ve taken a step back and reexamined our initial goals for World Warfare; we have poured over your feedback and decided to make some big, exciting changes in our next update (release date to be announced):

Tech requirement to build units removed. Currently, you need to unlock units in the Tech Tree by using blueprints. With this update, upgrading your buildings unlocks new units. The Tech Tree is now used only to strengthen units.

You can now pick your attack targets. Currently your units pick their own targets, with this update you will be able to select targets.

Change map from Golden Empire to Global War. Global war will be the default map again.

Increase the maximum battle level to allow for more troops and leadership points. We are roughly doubling the number of leadership points you can earn so you can command bigger armies.

Cities are easier to destroy. City durability is going down a little bit so that capturing a city goes by faster.

• No more Factions. You no longer start in one of two factions. You will be free to choose your own allies and determine your own approach to diplomacy. All faction related goals are removed as well. This is one of the biggest changes this update!

• Goals Removed. Victory points will be removed and there is no set duration for the match. The match ends only when there is a single league standing.

New ranking system. The new ranking system keeps track of two scores: Battle Score- destroy enemies, buildings NPCs (less points for NPCs); Territory Score- capture more cities, villages, harbors and other central buildings.

We are renewing our focus on providing the best PvP experience, squashing annoying bugs and adding more convenient functions. These are our core commitments.

Your feedback and passion are incredibly helpful. I read your suggestions carefully. I think of World Warfare not just as the developers’ game, but a game built together with players. I plan to be more open about our design decisions going forward.

Thank you for your passion, your feedback and helping us make a better game. I look forward to hearing from you.

TL;DR: We apologize for recent changes that we admit were not good for the game. We plan to focus on having the most polished PvP experience we can provide. Please give us your feedback and help guide the game. We have lots of ideas on how to make the game better, we hope you’ll explore them with us!

I want to thank the following commanders for giving us amazing feedback and ideas all the time:

1.Tech requirement to build units removed.

BladeGuner 

2.You can now pick your attack targets.

MightyQuinn, GenMadDogMattis, johnny3laze, Majorghost, Boredomfalls, robnadel, Icefrezz, Plucky, Jsmallz, Dano1288, Putinkgb, Geckor, DocM91B, Dckeep44, MrLee, GenRizza

3.Change map from Golden Empire to Global War.

Realvapejay, GenRizza, fengyun, Solus, Duh12   

4.Increase the maximum battle level to allow for more troops and leadership points.

KingCB, Robnadel, fengyun, Noodles, BlitzkriegHK, BladeGuner

5.Cities are easier to destroy.

MrLee, Neptune, LostDaimyo, Creepermaster, Realvapejay 

6.No more Factions.

Enclave, GenRizza

Special Acknowledgements:

BladeGuner, Rotymir, Oracle, KingCB, Semispaz, Noodles, Telwar, Solus, GenRizza, Hitgirl

Another idea for the new update. 

image.png

• Upvote 2

Pshh..and they said a navy wasn't important

image.png

image.png

image.png

Ok I just found this to be a problem and I hope it's not to late to fix. Why can't my own faction land on my air craft carriers to resupply? I think that needs to be changed. It would be a great tactical advantage to be able to supply my brothers during an atk. Please please let it not be to late to change this. Thank you. 

Stay frosty 

At least let them land if its stationary and when it moves it will expel all facton troops so it can't be used as a transport. Just somthing to think about. Thank you

stY frosty

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

How about a matchmaking system where it groups players/leagues by their skill instead of just randomly picking because this is just unfair

image.png

I laughed pretty hard when I saw this. And now my Ssgt thinks I'm crazy. Btw I'm at work. Lol. That is going to be domination. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

How about a matchmaking system where it groups players/leagues by their skill instead of just randomly picking because this is just unfair

image.png

So what me and the league I'm in fended off two big time leagues at the same time it's not hard you just get almost everybody on in the match in your league then focus on one person at a time

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheGrimReaper said:

So what me and the league I'm in fended off two big time leagues at the same time it's not hard you just get almost everybody on in the match in your league then focus on one person at a time

Which is a great idea, but you've got over 40 people combined who know what their doing between these 4 leagues, all of which are active and someone from each league is on at any given time watching the rest and all 4 leagues are capable of contacting the others outside of the game in the event of an attack and at any time a minimum of 5 can respond. This round is a landslide no matter how you look at it. Irony being the only big league in the last battle finished the last round 63k-2k. 

• Upvote 2

On March 11, 2016 at 7:12 PM, StevenZ said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Steven Zhang, the Lead Producer for World Warfare.

Allow me to begin with an admission: Our latest changes to PvP did not achieve any of our goals for World Warfare. In an attempt to realize a grand vision for the game we lost sight of some fundamentals.

We’ve taken a step back and reexamined our initial goals for World Warfare; we have poured over your feedback and decided to make some big, exciting changes in our next update (release date to be announced):

Tech requirement to build units removed. Currently, you need to unlock units in the Tech Tree by using blueprints. With this update, upgrading your buildings unlocks new units. The Tech Tree is now used only to strengthen units.

You can now pick your attack targets. Currently your units pick their own targets, with this update you will be able to select targets.

Change map from Golden Empire to Global War. Global war will be the default map again.

Increase the maximum battle level to allow for more troops and leadership points. We are roughly doubling the number of leadership points you can earn so you can command bigger armies.

Cities are easier to destroy. City durability is going down a little bit so that capturing a city goes by faster.

• No more Factions. You no longer start in one of two factions. You will be free to choose your own allies and determine your own approach to diplomacy. All faction related goals are removed as well. This is one of the biggest changes this update!

• Goals Removed. Victory points will be removed and there is no set duration for the match. The match ends only when there is a single league standing.

New ranking system. The new ranking system keeps track of two scores: Battle Score- destroy enemies, buildings NPCs (less points for NPCs); Territory Score- capture more cities, villages, harbors and other central buildings.

We are renewing our focus on providing the best PvP experience, squashing annoying bugs and adding more convenient functions. These are our core commitments.

Your feedback and passion are incredibly helpful. I read your suggestions carefully. I think of World Warfare not just as the developers’ game, but a game built together with players. I plan to be more open about our design decisions going forward.

Thank you for your passion, your feedback and helping us make a better game. I look forward to hearing from you.

TL;DR: We apologize for recent changes that we admit were not good for the game. We plan to focus on having the most polished PvP experience we can provide. Please give us your feedback and help guide the game. We have lots of ideas on how to make the game better, we hope you’ll explore them with us!

I want to thank the following commanders for giving us amazing feedback and ideas all the time:

1.Tech requirement to build units removed.

BladeGuner 

2.You can now pick your attack targets.

MightyQuinn, GenMadDogMattis, johnny3laze, Majorghost, Boredomfalls, robnadel, Icefrezz, Plucky, Jsmallz, Dano1288, Putinkgb, Geckor, DocM91B, Dckeep44, MrLee, GenRizza

3.Change map from Golden Empire to Global War.

Realvapejay, GenRizza, fengyun, Solus, Duh12   

4.Increase the maximum battle level to allow for more troops and leadership points.

KingCB, Robnadel, fengyun, Noodles, BlitzkriegHK, BladeGuner

5.Cities are easier to destroy.

MrLee, Neptune, LostDaimyo, Creepermaster, Realvapejay 

6.No more Factions.

Enclave, GenRizza

Special Acknowledgements:

BladeGuner, Rotymir, Oracle, KingCB, Semispaz, Noodles, Telwar, Solus, GenRizza, Hitgirl

Don't know if it was said or not but I'm going to say it so I know it's said lol. Entering a new battle, golden or league. When using the league opition and your league mates join in only the leader or deputy leaders should only be able to hit start button. That way no one hits it by mistake. Also when everyone is in the gather room, when the leader hits start everyone in that room should join automatically. I figure they gathered already then should be put in.  Cause I have been playing since November and it's always been that way. I know under league opition who can do what it says deputy and leaders can only start battle and I think that should be for both option. Opening one and starting it. Just it's been a pain with new guys and would love that changed. 

• Upvote 4

Ok after much thought regarding the factionless plan here is my take

Concerns:

1. in a factionless environment smaller leagues are more likely to get wiped out quickly which will create long term issues with the game

2. New players will be pushed out of the way quickly, which could cause loss of player base early on

3. Solo players will feel forced to join a faction simply because survivability solo is unlikely

4. Leagueless players may have issues joining a league due to limited space, and desire to only take the best available 

plus side:

1. Never be forced to team with someone you have issues with

2. More control over agreements

3. Prevents accidental or deliberate deal breaking by members of a league 

solution: 

the goal is to crate a win-win situation for everyone so here is what I propose 

At start you enter the field as one does now in a faction, but with some adjustments

at 2 days into the field a league leader can make some decisions regarding interactions as listed below

if the person(leagueless) or league is on currently in the enemy faction but you don't consider them enemies you can create a neutral status, during neutral status your forces ignore each other unless a deliberate attack is made, this will prevent accidents but allow betrayal for this who like that sort of thing.  If a deliberate attack is made the status changes back to enemy, battle report goes to commander and Chiefs involved.  In a leagueless person goes to join a neutral status league but the person is a enemy to the league your neutral with the leader will get a notification that by doing so they loose that neutral status.  This prevents someone pissing a group off then joining a league looking for protection.

now to deal with same faction: you can maintain alliance, change a faction team to neutral, or declare them as a enemy. Now if 50% of the player base on a faction declares a league as a enemy they become factionless(explained below).  Now this is important, commander and Chiefs control the status of their league players so for example. Let's say league A, B, C, and D have a combined players of 60, and all four of them say that league E is enemy status, and the faction has 110 players on it.  Well 50% was far exceeded.  So league E becomes factionless for the field.  This changes their status to Nutella for any league that didn't declare on them in their faction and enemy to everyone else.

factionless can only ally with other factionless, only join leagues of factionless.

fields have a 30 day timer, most territory and score by 30 days calls winner.

i realize this may be difficult to code, but it resolves all the concerns, maintains the desire of control by league leaders, and ends with an overall positive result.

thank you for your consideration.

• Upvote 3

On March 23, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Usmcland said:

Pshh..and they said a navy wasn't important

image.png

image.png

image.png

Ok I just found this to be a problem and I hope it's not to late to fix. Why can't my own faction land on my air craft carriers to resupply? I think that needs to be changed. It would be a great tactical advantage to be able to supply my brothers during an atk. Please please let it not be to late to change this. Thank you. 

Stay frosty 

At least let them land if its stationary and when it moves it will expel all facton troops so it can't be used as a transport. Just somthing to think about. Thank you

stY frosty

Also can you let carrier auto supply air craft for the soul fact that people have work and can always get on to supply their 15 lvl 3 bombers. So in time they die because I'm at work and can't resupply air craft on my carrier. Please look into this and think about changing it. 

• Upvote 2

I can't wait. When is it? I definitely think the game should be about battling players. I don't care about rebels or the SS because they're not real. Also, the league system is kinda confusing. Way to many ways of getting messages and too many different kinds of messages. I don't need to be notified every time those unrealistic pop up rebel tanks appear. Maybe simplify the whole messaging system. Thanks! Really looking forward to this being fun again. Might even spend some money if it is!

• Upvote 3

This will be the third new batch I will be in. I honestly cannot wait. These new changes will make things so much better. Looking forward to it very much. I'm glad to hear that flags will now be over 100, because now, it's just not enough. Also, the no time limit is major, because it's not so much rush rush rush. We can now have time to build up properly, not in haste. One thing I would suggest adding is some kind of field of protection for when players are not online. It kind of ruins the game, it then turns into just a mess. I mean, people do have to sleep. But now, how can we sleep? We can't, well ablest I can't because I don't want to go to sleep, and wake up seeing that I was taken out of the game due to sleep. So, that would be something major to look into. So that way, it's actually a battle, and not some sleep take over. That's not a battle, that's just a simple take. Change this somehow and I guarantee more people will want to play. But I see it so many times, that someone is not on, and their stuff gets taken. That's not fair, nor fun.

• Upvote 2

On 2016/3/26 at 10:40 PM, Telwar said:

Ok after much thought regarding the factionless plan here is my take

Concerns:

1. in a factionless environment smaller leagues are more likely to get wiped out quickly which will create long term issues with the game

2. New players will be pushed out of the way quickly, which could cause loss of player base early on

3. Solo players will feel forced to join a faction simply because survivability solo is unlikely

4. Leagueless players may have issues joining a league due to limited space, and desire to only take the best available 

plus side:

1. Never be forced to team with someone you have issues with

2. More control over agreements

3. Prevents accidental or deliberate deal breaking by members of a league 

solution: 

the goal is to crate a win-win situation for everyone so here is what I propose 

At start you enter the field as one does now in a faction, but with some adjustments

at 2 days into the field a league leader can make some decisions regarding interactions as listed below

if the person(leagueless) or league is on currently in the enemy faction but you don't consider them enemies you can create a neutral status, during neutral status your forces ignore each other unless a deliberate attack is made, this will prevent accidents but allow betrayal for this who like that sort of thing.  If a deliberate attack is made the status changes back to enemy, battle report goes to commander and Chiefs involved.  In a leagueless person goes to join a neutral status league but the person is a enemy to the league your neutral with the leader will get a notification that by doing so they loose that neutral status.  This prevents someone pissing a group off then joining a league looking for protection.

now to deal with same faction: you can maintain alliance, change a faction team to neutral, or declare them as a enemy. Now if 50% of the player base on a faction declares a league as a enemy they become factionless(explained below).  Now this is important, commander and Chiefs control the status of their league players so for example. Let's say league A, B, C, and D have a combined players of 60, and all four of them say that league E is enemy status, and the faction has 110 players on it.  Well 50% was far exceeded.  So league E becomes factionless for the field.  This changes their status to Nutella for any league that didn't declare on them in their faction and enemy to everyone else.

factionless can only ally with other factionless, only join leagues of factionless.

fields have a 30 day timer, most territory and score by 30 days calls winner.

i realize this may be difficult to code, but it resolves all the concerns, maintains the desire of control by league leaders, and ends with an overall positive result.

thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I think it is not only difficult to code, but also difficult to play. The relationships will be too complicated to understand. The faction is decided randomly by system, but not players. I think that's the key issue. I prefer to keep it simple, to let commanders/leagues have full control of their own diplomacy.

For new players, I will adjust the matching rules.

For solo leagueless players, it's really hard to survival in a PvP game. I don't have any ideas now.

On 2016/3/30 at 5:26 PM, KingJames97 said:

This will be the third new batch I will be in. I honestly cannot wait. These new changes will make things so much better. Looking forward to it very much. I'm glad to hear that flags will now be over 100, because now, it's just not enough. Also, the no time limit is major, because it's not so much rush rush rush. We can now have time to build up properly, not in haste. One thing I would suggest adding is some kind of field of protection for when players are not online. It kind of ruins the game, it then turns into just a mess. I mean, people do have to sleep. But now, how can we sleep? We can't, well ablest I can't because I don't want to go to sleep, and wake up seeing that I was taken out of the game due to sleep. So, that would be something major to look into. So that way, it's actually a battle, and not some sleep take over. That's not a battle, that's just a simple take. Change this somehow and I guarantee more people will want to play. But I see it so many times, that someone is not on, and their stuff gets taken. That's not fair, nor fun.

I am sorry about this, but I don't have a suitable solution now. Do you guys have any suggestions?