Jump to content
World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
StevenZ

Batten down the hatches: A letter from the Lead Producer

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Usmcland said:

Now what about being refunded gold from tech tree so we can upgrade what we want? Since everything doesn't have to be unlocked now. It would be cool for all of the loyal players that have stuck through the everything. 

Thank you USMCLAND "IRONY LEADS THE WAY"

Hello Usmcland,

The upgrading in tech tree will be kept as is. All weapons will be unblocked by default. You can choose any one to upgrade as you like. There will be refund for blueprints.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey KingCB, 

I really appreciate your comments. This is exactly what's we wanted to achieve from the beginning. We will focus on PvP and team works.

 

The league battlefield is designed for experienced players with teams. It is definitely important for this game. We will keep on polishing it.

 

Do you mind if I post your screenshot on our Facebook page?

 

StevenZ

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted are screen shots of epic battle King is talking about. So far I like your changes in mind. With more troops my biggest concern is lag of the system wether it be my new iPhone 6s Plus or the system but I think it's phone lag when I select a lot of troops such as I did for the screen shot but they seem minor. I have seen Lag with this type of troop activity before. So that might be a concern later but back to kings comment a good idea even if it's for a league battle only. But bigger map and a few more league even if it was 8 league might then have to have a 5 day limit. But he is most likely referring to a new big map and I agree even if it's the old map and a new map have both open for play at the same time and let people vote and that's how to make good map changes.

just a few screen shots I posted here lol and kings right about making more money in the league vs big map because the Asians have spent atleast 50,000 diamonds in a short time trying to kill us in the pics is for your enjoyment to see the game used right with nice fun wars too bad we are fighting the Asians and godz but it's fun hehe

i want to point out one major reason why King is having more fun in league. And something to consider when remaking the game. It's fun because of how fast you can get a lot of troops and expand vs the current set up. And it doesn't have to be missions with lots of free troops just better time to Lvl them you make more money from a heated battle than you do from people useing diamonds to upgrade a building fast. So not sure it brought up but troop train times and there upgrade times needs reduced as well it would take me 2 and a half hour of upgrading a bomber to Lvl 5. But I feel the faster once can get troops is a lot more fun but there still needs to be the time restriction but tweeking it as we go along will be the key thing here. 

 

I wasnt going to talk a lot but one thing come to mind. Right now it's one building at a time upgrade that cool with a reduced time that your adding but can we have a building queue? Meaning I upgrade my city but I can also start a queue of the next things to upgrade/reconstruct/build. The queue can be found in the command center it needs a limit I would say 5 is a good number. This is why if a battle is going on and or if I'm sleeping I can tell the system to upgrade a munitions 2 times a city hall then another munitions and a turret while in away from the game. This will help with all the downtime in upgrading and building a city to give players with less time a better way to upgrade atleast a bit more on par with people that spend more time in game.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotymir, amazing screenshots, thank you sharing this. 

 

I have read all of your advices carefully. And I will create another thread to tell what we have adopted and the progress in all.

 

Do you think it's better to have a time limit for the Battle or not? 

I would like to post some of your screenshots on our Facebook page.:DB| Thank you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get the option to reset technology upgrades?  In other words, we now have the option to reset tactics and choose others by spending some diamonds.  Even though the new tech tree will be fully unlocked, I would like to be able to reset what techs I have upgraded and essentially reuse the gold to update other tech.  I have seen this option in many games before and would like to have this option as I enjoy changing up my style of play and use of different troops often.  I would like to be able to reset my tree to only upgrade troops that I want to focus on for a battle or two etc....give it some thought, let me know what u think

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotymir,I saw from your posts that you said by the end of a battle you would have to cap half of the map and that you would run out of flags.But you really wouldn't run out of flags if you abandoned a city after you captured it.You would have to keep a city every now and then though just for supplies,healing troops,training new troops,etc.I think it would be kinda fun flying around the map crushing people's cities and getting into big fights.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StevenZ said:

Rotymir, amazing screenshots, thank you sharing this. 

 

I have read all of your advices carefully. And I will create another thread to tell what we have adopted and the progress in all.

 

Do you think it's better to have a time limit for the Battle or not? 

I would like to post some of your screenshots on our Facebook page.:DB| Thank you.

Sure use any pics I post.

I think a time limit is a must for league battles that is set at 4 days currently. The only issue with those is sometime you get lucky and start with 4 days left and sometimes you get shafted and have 1 day left before it is over. But if the time limit is removed then it still won't help because the winning league allready has the upper hand in the fight most of the time.

having to be in 2 maps is time consuming it's why we break between league battles. So it's good to have that time limit set.

as for a time limit in the new map I think it's still needed vs letting it only end when the allience caps out. But if you implement the kick inactive players it will help some with the no time limit. But in all honesty if a game last more than 2 months it's too long and your army and city's become so big by that time, that you cant control all your city's and and territory it becomes a job not a game at that point 15 days wasn't bad in my eyes because it's good to have a fresh start and change of competition because if you get a bad draw and don't get many good enemy's in the map you joined it's going to suck having to wait for months to cap it all out. But now the no time limit isn't the worst idea but I would rather see a time limit of some kind 15 20 30 or even 60 days.

but my last not is if you did a 60 day you watch closely the maps going on at the different days to see how far along the maps are and is it slowing down is it looking boring is the gem flow slowed down and at what point. Then you can set a earlyer end date or longer end date. Pvp is only fun as long as it lasts once you kill the good the pvp isn't as fun because there's no real fight and it becomes boring until you get to restart. Hope that helps on your question.

post a pic of current maps and why they became boring I think having too big of a map is prob a bigger down fall with a small map but not small like league it's still got to be big but no so big. When people play a lot of people say omg that's 4 city's away your too far or sending a transport for a hour is crazy. When it becomes to big or to long they feel it isn't worth it. Creating inactive players sometimes but not allways.

but when you look at these screen shot notice how people are capping in the back but not in the middle we was only league pushing some maps but I do realize the new map is a different map altogether but still time and distance is allways a issue and that's where the right balance of size and how long it take to travel is a key thing to fine tune takes away 10 or 100 city's until the balance is found. But that's hard to do in a public release and it's why a lot of game makers like blizzard and others send there players emails or notices to look for beta testers. Testing with the public can hurt a game sometimes.

the last screen shot I see all the time, I wish I could but your too far. If it's too far how can they cap a map out to win? Is the thought of creation :)

image.png

image.png

image.png

Burger with the flags being raised is a big help but we don't know the number yet. With the new system being a last allience standing or last league standing which ever make it to the final run of things. You will get your fair share of flying around capping but you have to cap it all or the map won't end. Remember last league/allience standing. And if I'm not mistaken once you abandon a city a new player can join the map or respawn behind ya. I steal prefer a no flag limit and remove it altogether. It really holds a person back that expands fast with out tanks not I hope the new set up will allow for faster lvling because the tanks was the best way to get the lvls needed to expand fast love or hate them some did but I loved them because I lvled up faster so I could cap more stuff faster. But a lot of times ATM I look and say what do I get rid of to plan my next cap lol

but the comment was meant to say if we have to cap all city's we really can't abandon a city or map won't really end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new setup will put an emphasis on getting as many league members as you can into the same game. Currently if you issue a call to arms, there is a limit to how long that remains open before it kicks everyone out and you have to start again. I would like to see that limit increased or removed, making it easier to get a large group together and started on the same map.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StevenZ said:

Rotymir, amazing screenshots, thank you sharing this. 

 

I have read all of your advices carefully. And I will create another thread to tell what we have adopted and the progress in all.

 

Do you think it's better to have a time limit for the Battle or not? 

I would like to post some of your screenshots on our Facebook page.:DB| Thank you.

Here's a way to resolve that as well, first you create a anew column on commander records called draw

secondly when day 15 comes a pop up appears for players asking do you wish to continue? They can choose yes and they continue on, or no and they exit the field and it lists as a draw.  This would happen every 15 days until only one faction based on my previous idea or a offshoot of that remains.  It allows people to bow out gracefully without feeling it was a loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also like the idea of giving back the gold and letting us start populating the tech tree over again. If I weren't trying to open specific units I would have made different decisions on using my gold to strengthen certain units 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, thanks Steven for coming here to talk personally. That's pretty rad.

 

Seems like I'm the only one that likes the idea of one league being able to be the victor. I think you may need to tweak it because what if somebody wants to be a lone wolf and kills everybody else somehow? 

I think being able to have multiple leagues win at once like others have been saying is a terrible idea. It'd be easy for certain leagues to maintain monopolies and just farm other players. Please do not do this.

Seems like you're trying to make a lucrative game with friendly competition but please don't make it about pampering whiny babies or validating circlejerks. You guys may have slipped a little but your PR skills are A1. Keep it up. 

Also, I think you should really worry about whether or not to have a time limit. I'm leaning towards yes because I wouldn't like the games to be over extended as I'm kinda busy now but that's just me.

Papa Hitler Bless You. Sieg Heil.

Edited by Solus
One more thing
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 11, 2016 at 9:17 PM, Moab said:

Thank you for listening to our replies and for filling our requests, i am VERY happy to see the old global war coming back, and i would hope that this update goes very well, how ever I'd love  to see new troops added as well and like to be able to build/upgrade 2 things at once... Can we increase the time from 15 days to maybe a month? And id like to have an option of global war or golden empire... I will add more ideas when i can think of any more. THANK YOU for listening??

Could u also make the upgrades shorter for the city and munition factory 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

asking for this issue,

 

 Tech requirement to build units removed. Currently, you need to unlock units in the Tech Tree by using blueprints. With this update, upgrading your buildings unlocks new units. The Tech Tree is now used only to strengthen units.

Means that no BP, am i right?

Can you explanation more? thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WildHawk said:

Can we get the option to reset technology upgrades?  In other words, we now have the option to reset tactics and choose others by spending some diamonds.  Even though the new tech tree will be fully unlocked, I would like to be able to reset what techs I have upgraded and essentially reuse the gold to update other tech.  I have seen this option in many games before and would like to have this option as I enjoy changing up my style of play and use of different troops often.  I would like to be able to reset my tree to only upgrade troops that I want to focus on for a battle or two etc....give it some thought, let me know what u think

I need to check this, let you know later.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Telwar said:

Here's a way to resolve that as well, first you create a anew column on commander records called draw

secondly when day 15 comes a pop up appears for players asking do you wish to continue? They can choose yes and they continue on, or no and they exit the field and it lists as a draw.  This would happen every 15 days until only one faction based on my previous idea or a offshoot of that remains.  It allows people to bow out gracefully without feeling it was a loss.

Good idea. It could be a solution.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice if there was a nominal fee to reset our upgrades for the tceh tree. This is because many people such as myself out coins into a unit just to unlock the succeeding unit, not because they wanted to strengthen that unit (that they don't use anyways). Especially since you are tossing the whole BP system out the window. And perhaps have a BP for coins trade if they are no longer needed. Cheers

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StevenZ said:

Hello everyone,

 

My name is Steven Zhang, the Lead Producer for World Warfare.

 

Allow me to begin with an admission: Our latest changes to PvP did not achieve any of our goals for World Warfare. In an attempt to realize a grand vision for the game we lost sight of some fundamentals.

 

We’ve taken a step back and reexamined our initial goals for World Warfare; we have poured over your feedback and decided to make some big, exciting changes in our next update (release date to be announced):

 

Tech requirement to build units removed. Currently, you need to unlock units in the Tech Tree by using blueprints. With this update, upgrading your buildings unlocks new units. The Tech Tree is now used only to strengthen units.

 

You can now pick your attack targets. Currently your units pick their own targets, with this update you will be able to select targets.

 

Change map from Golden Empire to Global War. Global war will be the default map again.

 

Increase the maximum battle level to allow for more troops and leadership points. We are roughly doubling the number of leadership points you can earn so you can command bigger armies.

 

Cities are easier to destroy. City durability is going down a little bit so that capturing a city goes by faster.

 

• No more Factions. You no longer start in one of two factions. You will be free to choose your own allies and determine your own approach to diplomacy. All faction related goals are removed as well. This is one of the biggest changes this update!

 

• Goals Removed. Victory points will be removed and there is no set duration for the match. The match ends only when there is a single league standing.

 

New ranking system. The new ranking system keeps track of two scores: Battle Score- destroy enemies, buildings NPCs (less points for NPCs); Territory Score- capture more cities, villages, harbors and other central buildings.

 

We are renewing our focus on providing the best PvP experience, squashing annoying bugs and adding more convenient functions. These are our core commitments.

Your feedback and passion are incredibly helpful. I read your suggestions carefully. I think of World Warfare not just as the developers’ game, but a game built together with players. I plan to be more open about our design decisions going forward.

Thank you for your passion, your feedback and helping us make a better game. I look forward to hearing from you.

 

TL;DR: We apologize for recent changes that we admit were not good for the game. We plan to focus on having the most polished PvP experience we can provide. Please give us your feedback and help guide the game. We have lots of ideas on how to make the game better, we hope you’ll explore them with us!

 

I want to thank the following commanders for giving us amazing feedback and ideas all the time:

 

1.Tech requirement to build units removed.

BladeGuner 

 

2.You can now pick your attack targets.

MightyQuinn, GenMadDogMattis, johnny3laze, Majorghost, Boredomfalls, robnadel, Icefrezz, Plucky, Jsmallz, Dano1288, Putinkgb, Geckor, DocM91B, Dckeep44, MrLee, GenRizza

 

3.Change map from Golden Empire to Global War.

Realvapejay, GenRizza, fengyun, Solus, Duh12   

 

4.Increase the maximum battle level to allow for more troops and leadership points.

KingCB, Robnadel, fengyun, Noodles, BlitzkriegHK, BladeGuner

 

5.Cities are easier to destroy.

MrLee, Neptune, LostDaimyo, Creepermaster, Realvapejay 

 

6.No more Factions.

Enclave, GenRizza

 

Special Acknowledgements:

BladeGuner, Rotymir, Oracle, KingCB, Semispaz, Noodles, Telwar, Solus, GenRizza, Hitgirl

 

 

Can we have golden empire as a separate mode rather than delete it? I like both modes. Thanks for getting rid of the tech requirements.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are commenting for a tech tree reset I don't see a point for it. Now maybe when you change the game a full reset on everyone with what they spent giving back is the only option here.

now for the reason behind this once you start with a fresh refund now you pick what you want and upgrade it. The goal over the long term is to upgrade all troops to full lvls. It's a waste to keep respecting it because over the long term you will have everything max Lvl and then what are we going to do with all that gold or if it uses gold to upgrade.

10 hours ago, Solus said:

First off, thanks Steven for coming here to talk personally. That's pretty rad.

 

Seems like I'm the only one that likes the idea of one league being able to be the victor. I think you may need to tweak it because what if somebody wants to be a lone wolf and kills everybody else somehow? 

I think being able to have multiple leagues win at once like others have been saying is a terrible idea. It'd be easy for certain leagues to maintain monopolies and just farm other players. Please do not do this.

Seems like you're trying to make a lucrative game with friendly competition but please don't make it about pampering whiny babies or validating circlejerks. You guys may have slipped a little but your PR skills are A1. Keep it up. 

Also, I think you should really worry about whether or not to have a time limit. I'm leaning towards yes because I wouldn't like the games to be over extended as I'm kinda busy now but that's just me.

Papa Hitler Bless You. Sieg Heil.

Can you tell me how you are going to take 20 players and cap 280 city?

also if you want to turn on your ally's when they helped you send me a pm so I know your league info so I know not to make ally's and help your league because I don't leave my ally's that helped me with a lose or out in the code. Now your idea is allready at play with the league events which allows only 6 leagues to sign up for so if you like it it's already out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BlitzkriegHK said:

asking for this issue,

 Tech requirement to build units removed. Currently, you need to unlock units in the Tech Tree by using blueprints. With this update, upgrading your buildings unlocks new units. The Tech Tree is now used only to strengthen units.

Means that no BP, am i right?

Can you explanation more? thanks.

Right, no blueprints, 

12 hours ago, Solus said:

First off, thanks Steven for coming here to talk personally. That's pretty rad.

 

Seems like I'm the only one that likes the idea of one league being able to be the victor. I think you may need to tweak it because what if somebody wants to be a lone wolf and kills everybody else somehow? 

I think being able to have multiple leagues win at once like others have been saying is a terrible idea. It'd be easy for certain leagues to maintain monopolies and just farm other players. Please do not do this.

Seems like you're trying to make a lucrative game with friendly competition but please don't make it about pampering whiny babies or validating circlejerks. You guys may have slipped a little but your PR skills are A1. Keep it up. 

Also, I think you should really worry about whether or not to have a time limit. I'm leaning towards yes because I wouldn't like the games to be over extended as I'm kinda busy now but that's just me.

Papa Hitler Bless You. Sieg Heil.

Thanks Solus, you can still be a long wolf, just don't ally with any leagues.

10 hours ago, Moab said:

Could u also make the upgrades shorter for the city and munition factory 

Yes, it's included in the next update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rotymir said:

Some people are commenting for a tech tree reset I don't see a point for it. Now maybe when you change the game a full reset on everyone with what they spent giving back is the only option here.

now for the reason behind this once you start with a fresh refund now you pick what you want and upgrade it. The goal over the long term is to upgrade all troops to full lvls. It's a waste to keep respecting it because over the long term you will have everything max Lvl and then what are we going to do with all that gold or if it uses gold to upgrade.

Can you tell me how you are going to take 20 players and cap 280 city?

also if you want to turn on your ally's when they helped you send me a pm so I know your league info so I know not to make ally's and help your league because I don't leave my ally's that helped me with a lose or out in the code. Now your idea is allready at play with the league events which allows only 6 leagues to sign up for so if you like it it's already out there

Where in my post did I say anything about turning on my allies you dickweed? I'm speaking hypothetically and I don't play competitively until the old map comes back. But there's only one league that deserves my loyalty and that's Pasta. They know what's up.

Edited by Solus
I accidentally a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hiPokemon1234 said:

Can we have golden empire as a separate mode rather than delete it? I like both modes. Thanks for getting rid of the tech requirements.

The golden empire need to be polished. We may open it again in the future.

15 hours ago, BladeGuner said:

The new setup will put an emphasis on getting as many league members as you can into the same game. Currently if you issue a call to arms, there is a limit to how long that remains open before it kicks everyone out and you have to start again. I would like to see that limit increased or removed, making it easier to get a large group together and started on the same map.

Good, we will increase the time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevenZ said:

Right, no blueprints, 

Thanks Solus, you can still be a long wolf, just don't ally with any leagues.

Yes, it's included in the next update.

Hi, if no Blueprints, I think the game need to add convecting system from BP to Gold or change it to Gold automatically,  because someone used Money to get BP before, it is not fair for buyers, maybe it is not accepted by Apple Store policy. Someone can apply refund from Apple and the game may block by the apple a little time.

 

because I knew some of game is same case before block by Apple Store a bit time. Just get development team aware this issue ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlitzkriegHK said:

Hi, if no Blueprints, I think the game need to add convecting system from BP to Gold or change it to Gold automatically,  because someone used Money to get BP before, it is not fair for buyers, maybe it is not accepted by Apple Store policy. Someone can apply refund from Apple and the game may block by the apple a little time.

 

because I knew some of game is same case before block by Apple Store a bit time. Just get development team aware this issue ;)

No one bought blueprints, specifically. The blueprints were an incentive to buy diamonds, you got the blueprints as a bonus. So, there isn't an issue, you got what you paid for, which was diamonds. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 11, 2016 at 10:29 PM, StevenZ said:

 

Ok now that that is out of the way that was a glitch

Well the blueprints what will happen to them because well we have been grinding hard to get these blueprints and unlocking these troops so the damage is done and it will get bigger when you change it back if you don't do something like 1blueprint=blank gold and if somebody unlocked a troop maybe they could get lvls like how ever many troops they unlocked they could get free lvls to put on any troops they want

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 11, 2016 at 6:46 PM, StevenZ said:

The technology system will be retained. You don't need to unlock a technology before you produce a weapon, but you can still upgrade your troops in technology system. Blueprints will be removed. And you can gain gold when you finish a battle, and also daily gold rewards according to your points and ranking.

 

We will do something with the gem system in the future. You are right, we need to make money, but we need the game to be fun first. 

 

The upgrade times will be adjusted. 

Now I have been trying to amass blueprints. What can be done with these now useless items? Also if we have unlocked up to higher tiers, is there a way to recoup any of the unlock gold used? And finally, we amass cash, fortune, during the battles, can you allow for that to be converted to gold once the battle is over or when DetCord crushes all?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...