World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Artillery

Hawkmoon

On February 17, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Hawkmoon said:

Put a "range circle" around artillery, assault guns, warships, etc. to show its effective range.

Idk..... It may be good to use but I feel like this would cause the loss of stretgic planning... I may be wrong but I don't think this is a great idea just cuz right now either you or an enemy runs the risk of getting too close to a turret and getting hit or staying too far out. A circle around and an ensured area would lose that I mean I'm sure it's not a huge deal but at times a wrongly placed arty or stug can be the difference between destroyed city and a destroyed turret and everything else dead.

• Upvote 4

On February 19, 2016 at 2:08 AM, Waffles said:

Idk..... It may be good to use but I feel like this would cause the loss of stretgic planning... I may be wrong but I don't think this is a great idea just cuz right now either you or an enemy runs the risk of getting too close to a turret and getting hit or staying too far out. A circle around and an ensured area would lose that I mean I'm sure it's not a huge deal but at times a wrongly placed arty or stug can be the difference between destroyed city and a destroyed turret and everything else dead.

I agree. Other ways exist to determine if units are within effective range. This proposed ring will give a handicap to those who otherwise do not wish to take risk. 

• Upvote 4