World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Unit Formations

Usmcland

Making us able to put troops in a formation such as a V, wedge, ranks, line, diamond, circle. Or even organize your formation by being able to place troops in slots to for ex: provide better protection for the air craft carrier. Works great for defense or offense. 

Creative suggestions, but actually you can put them in different formations manually tho...

Making us able to put troops in a formation such as a V, wedge, ranks, line, diamond, circle. Or even organize your formation by being able to place troops in slots to for ex: provide better protection for the air craft carrier. Works great for defense or offense. 

great Idea. 

Creative suggestions, but actually you can put them in different formations manually tho...

manually configuring troops into a formation does not yield the same benefits as programming them to either move in a selected formation of move in a column until the are near the destination then assume planned formation. Formations give dispersion, which reduces the chance of all units taking hits from one attack. Dispersion also guarantees units engage multiple targets simultaneously so weaker units will be destroyed by stronger units, adding damage quickly. This is worth investigating. 

• Upvote 1

great Idea. 

manually configuring troops into a formation does not yield the same benefits as programming them to either move in a selected formation of move in a column until the are near the destination then assume planned formation. Formations give dispersion, which reduces the chance of all units taking hits from one attack. Dispersion also guarantees units engage multiple targets simultaneously so weaker units will be destroyed by stronger units, adding damage quickly. This is worth investigating. 

INDEED

that is extremely time consuming and if they're bunched together such as when you first dispatch or air drop you don't know which ones your selecting and can't always select the unit you want

edit: plus they don't move the way you set them. If you put them in formation such as stated above they could move in that made formation

Edited by Boredomfalls

I was going to suggest the same thing. I took photos for my league of formations with a description of their benefits and weak points. Hopfully an update makes this easier I spend way to much time building these before wasting someone. 

Pre-set buttons of preloaded formations is fine but I want custom. Either set it up once highlight and set formation saved to account. Then when you access  the  menus for formations it will have your button of that formation and give a list of the units required to fill. More buttons require diamond or gold for added revenue. 

Or a grid that you can place units make it almost like a mini game where you can fill the buttons. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I want a way to create a user defined formation, something that you could assign to a group. I use groups a little like this now, but having an extra feature for whic you could assign a set of user defined formations associated with groups woul save me a lot of time when forming up for an attack would be really cool. Currently I have to call all the units in a group to an area and manually place them I 1 of 3 types of formations while I'm setting up for the attack, very tedious and it give time for my opponent to create a counter to the attack. This generally reduces the usefulness of taking the time to put them there in the first place. So I think you could how having something automatic could be greatly useful. Maybe this could be Daedalus to the capabilities a commander can earn with thir gold

• Upvote 1