World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Terrain and Unit Variation

SchroedingerCat

Hello! I'm kinda new to this game as I only have about 6 hours experience, but  I'm pretty surprised by this game, it is a true diamond in the rough on the app store. Anyways, away from praising the game, I think I have some suggestions: Terrain and Unit Variation. 

Terrain: I already know we have mountains and oceans and large lakes but I was thinking for more complex terrain such as mountain chains, canyons, and rivers. These terrains will provide an obstacle to commanders but there also should be bridges and mountain passes for commanders to move troops across and logistics in general. This in turn makes bridges and mountain passes key positions for the one faction to attack to cut off supply lines and fronts while the other faction must defend these strategic positions. In addition I feel that there could be a unit like engineers that can build temporary bridges across obstacles. This leads us to my next suggestion.

Unit Variation

Now this I believe is a longer shot than terrain but I'll put it out anyways. I feel that for each current unit we have (Infantry, Medium Tanks, Heavy Tanks, etc) there could be a variant of it that could be produced. For example, along with the generic medium tank we could have a flamethrower variant which is focused more on Anti-Infantry (Zippo Sherman), a upgunned medium tank designed to kill tanks (Super Sherman/76mm Sherman assuming the type in game is the 75mm), defense oriented medium tank that is regular except for having lots of HP (Jumbo Sherman). Each variant would have it's advantages and disadvantages (Zippos are not good at AT and possible Anti-Building, Jumbos are slow, Upgunned Shermans are not good at fighting infantry and possibly vehicles, which was a common issue in reality as the HE shell for the 76mm wasn't good). 

Miscellaneous

Some suggestions for new units:

Aircraft Carrier (I know this has been suggested and probably going to be implemented)

Hellcat TD (Anti-Tank gun that goes fast but sucks at fighting anything else and has low HP)

Mine-Laying vehicles (placing hidden mines, both for land and sea)

Mine Sweeper (cleaning up mines, both for land and sea)

Submarine (Basically a destroyer but can be hidden for a very limited time and  thus uses up supplies very quickly)

Logistics Vehicles (vehicles you load with supplies and send with your troops to resupply at the front instead of tactic carding an airdrop or having your troops return back to base)

Medical/Repair units 

flying tenk cuz why not

Anyways thats my two cents.

• Upvote 4

I'm not a part of the dev team nor am I affiliated with the devs, so take this with a grain of salt. Your Idea for unit variation will probably be implimented to some degree. I have heard some mods talk of a tech tree, so mabye part of the tech tree will be putting mods onto units to change how they work, or at the very least units might progress (i.e. Med. Tank goes from M2 Med to M3 Lee to M4 Sherman)

• Upvote 2

I'm sure most play on their phones. Which is convenient but I fear doing unit variation like that would tax out the phones and cause crashes. Limited terrain variants I feel could be done. Maybe instead of using them in a larger match do rounds where there are 5 long bridges or gorges that are your only connection to the opposing team (each team gets sides) and run it like a medieval bridge battle. No fascists or tiger tanks just last team standing. Once your city is destroyed if you lose your troops before capping a new one your out. No airborne or sea units and see what happens.

With th that I strongly agree with the logistic vehicles. Supply trucks running you with attack teams and repair units and such. You could even group repair and resupply into a single generalized engineer unit.

Edited by Boredomfalls