World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Poll- About Artillery Support Tactic

Peter

Adjustment of Artillery Support tactic  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Peter featured this topic
  • Peter pinned this topic

It should be returned to its previous damage. It is something that we earned. The current damage of 5% is useless to have now. For those that think that it will save them you are wrong. If you have enough bombers and adjust the strategy this does nothing but cause a little damage. The previous damage did add value to having fighters which is the way it should be. 

NoQ

• Upvote 3

i was hoping for this skill,. and agree return to previous levels.  i have been a victiim to this skill many times, and although it sucks, its awesome to have in your arsenal..  it may be OP, but its earned..   

Unless, you plan on adding multipliers  to it as we rank up to admiral, etc...   But 5% of an AA is about 30 points?

• Upvote 2

It's disappointing to finally reach it and have it become useless. The ability to knock out aa was my primary reason to work towards it. If you feel it was too powerful, take it down a little, but 5 % for 60 tac points is completely unbalanced. There are ways to counter it for players, and for AI it doesn't make it too easy to take on hard targets. 

• Upvote 2

i was hoping for this skill,. and agree return to previous levels.  i have been a victiim to this skill many times, and although it sucks, its awesome to have in your arsenal..  it may be OP, but its earned..   

Unless, you plan on adding multipliers  to it as we rank up to admiral, etc...   But 5% of an AA is about 30 points?

That's assuming it's at full health.  By its very definition this tactic cannot EVER kill a unit.... The wording states 5% of ACTUAL health.  Not 5% of MAXIMUM health... So even if the unit has 1 health, it will only do .05 damage. Absolute waste of points and a skill slot

Edited by FutBuck
Text didn't go through
  • Upvote 2

That's assuming it's at full health.  By its very definition this tactic cannot EVER kill a unit.... The wording states 5% of ACTUAL health.  Not 5% of MAXIMUM health... So even if the unit has 1 health, it will only do .05 damage. Absolute waste of points and a skill slot

True....:/

• Upvote 1

Rather then kill the tactic.  Since the issue is aa being destroyed why not just make level 1 aa the same and have it gain enough hp to be slightly more then 1000 at level 5.   This way there is an option to essentially defeat the tactic by growth.   Currently anyone can pump out a bunch of aa cheaply and defeat an entire fleet of aircraft that takes a substantial amount of time resource and economy to create and sustain.  

• Upvote 6

Rather then kill the tactic.  Since the issue is aa being destroyed why not just make level 1 aa the same and have it gain enough hp to be slightly more then 1000 at level 5.   This way there is an option to essentially defeat the tactic by growth.  

This idea is brilliant, thanks.B|

• Upvote 2

To add.  There are strategies for dealing with the tactic as it was.  Being a game of strategy it was an aspect I enjoyed.  As the game develops new units she uses for the gold accumulating current strategies will change accordingly.  But changing a tactic because some didn't like it just means they don't take the time to plan and form a counter.  Like anyone I hate it when it's used on me.  Just like I hate when anything is used against me.  But that's the game and countering is what makes it fun.  Promote users are to learn and develop their characters.  Don't stunt the growth of others to meet their cap.  It's like the "no child left behind" system that America used in its schools.  Lol 

• Upvote 6

Rather then kill the tactic.  Since the issue is aa being destroyed why not just make level 1 aa the same and have it gain enough hp to be slightly more then 1000 at level 5.   This way there is an option to essentially defeat the tactic by growth.   Currently anyone can pump out a bunch of aa cheaply and defeat an entire fleet of aircraft that takes a substantial amount of time resource and economy to create and sustain.  

the only problem with that is if you bump AA to 1000, battlefield fascist AA will climb with that as well. That will make all objectives guarded by AA even more difficult. Including the mass bombers versus tigers strategy. I think the artillery support tactic was op, with me being on the end of it too many times. The damage it should deal is 500. That way leveled up aa will still survive it but it'll still kill off most. 

• Upvote 2

Tactic has become useless. I think there can be a combination of fixes for this.

1. Adjust aa value like suggested.

2. Using the gold coins to "upgrade" tactics to make them stronger, adding another strategic layer.

3. Adding another tier for the officers ranks. Most people are getting out of the first tier with no tactics to work towards.

cheers

-spaz

• Upvote 1

I will admit that the previous way was unfair and unbalanced. It gave us too much power and im happy they changed it to make the game more challenging for top players. 

But the change took artillery support from extremely powerful... To completely useless. There needs to balance. 5% damage  makes no sense at all.

One solution would be to make it like the paratrooper and reconnaisance tactics... Where an actual level 1 artillery unit appears, and can fight or be destroyed like all other units. This allows us an option which might help, but can also be countered by players who do not have the artillery support tactic yet (they can guard their aa guns with tanks, or place an infantry with paratrooper right on top of our artillery which causes it to shoot the infantry instead of your aa gun which buys you time to react).

Thanks developers for working on this and seeking ideas to get it right. 

If you go with the 1000 points of damage the health of weaker yet valuable units such as AAs should be bumped just over 1000 power. Having 1k damage is OP, earned or not it takes strategy out of the game having a kill button.  

The cool down would have to be increased as well as the cost to compensate for the high damage. However an AA with high health is a problem in it self. You could develop a new unit that has higher health, attacks air and ground* at lower damage and range then AA.

Or simply have it percentage based but have it a random chance to do 10%-75% damage. All other things being equal. (*As far as the air and ground attack capabilities, that's simply to make a unit like that more appealing)

• Upvote 1

If you go with the 1000 points of damage the health of weaker yet valuable units such as AAs should be bumped just over 1000 power. Having 1k damage is OP, earned or not it takes strategy out of the game having a kill button.  

The cool down would have to be increased as well as the cost to compensate for the high damage. However an AA with high health is a problem in it self. You could develop a new unit that has higher health, attacks air and ground* at lower damage and range then AA.

Or simply have it percentage based but have it a random chance to do 10%-75% damage. All other things being equal. (*As far as the air and ground attack capabilities, that's simply to make a unit like that more appealing)

I like the idea of random damage!

• Upvote 2

• Peter unpinned this topic