World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Add a important thing to world wars railroads

1garrett

Add railroads as like a upgrade road or transport ability to move vehicles or supplies. They could run side by side with roads but be faster and probably more costly. Have a station set up ability in each city if one station is destroyed you have to rebuild to haul again  or have the track be destroyable. But have the ability for higher level cities like 10+.

Edited by 1garrett
  • Upvote 4

Add railroads as like a upgrade road or transport ability to move vehicles or supplies. They could run side by side with roads but be faster and probably more costly. Have a station set up ability in each city if one station is destroyed you have to rebuild to haul again  or have the track be destroyable. But have the ability for higher level cities like 10+.

I have given this some thought, while in the shower no less, and believe this concept to be a great idea if fully developed. The proposed railroad will provide commanders the means of transporting troops relatively quickly from cities to reinforce frontline fighters. Below are how a fully developed rail plan should be implemented if well received. 

A Train Station shall be built in the cities (akin to an steel factory, army base, airfield, etc.) at the level 7. To be useful, another train station must be built in another controlled city for the railway to appear with the most direct route between the two stations. Once built, the Train Station may be upgraded to increase the trains' speed, capacity, and durability. Once connected to another city, Commanders may send troops via the rail to to a connected Train Station destination within the train's capacity. The more cities the Commander owns with constructed Train Stations, the more destinations are available. If a Train Station is destroyed, that destination becomes unavailable. The Train Station is limited to one train on the same track toward one destination per level (i.e. Lvl1= 1 train; Lvl2= 2 trains - 2 same track same destination, or 1 train per track different destinations; etc). Train's are prohibited from traveling toward each other. Once a train has left the station, it may stop and/or change directions as the Commander may direct, yet each halt or change in direction will initiate a timed delay sequence (i.e. 5mins to stop (representing time to complete the stop) & 5mins to restart (representing time to achieve cruising speed)) before each action is performed. Trains shall travel at a speed based on the originating Train Station's level (lvl1 = 1.0; lvl5 = 1.5). 

Each train's payload is limited by the capacity. The train shall allow loading of all land units, prohibiting the loading of naval and air units. Once max capacity is reached, remaining units will be prohibited from loading. To increase the train's capacity, the Commander may upgrade the Train Station (max level 5) which will yield a reasonable increase percentage from the original stat (max should not exceed 50).

Troops are prohibited from embarking the train anywhere, save a station. Once troops are embarked on the train, the Commander must disembark them to utilize them. While on route to the destination, troops will not engage nearby units. The Commander may halt the train and disembark troops anywhere along the route they desire.

Train Sub-Stations may be constructed on Military Zones and Harbors to allow troops to be moved to or from them rapidly. The Sub-Station must call for a train and it must arrive before troops may embark. The Sub-Station is prohibited from housing more than one train at a time, and then for no longer than 15minutes, and may not deliver troops beyond the nearest city(ies) to which it is connected. Train Stations may deliver troops tho Sub-Stations as the Commander may direct.

Overall, Train Stations will allow ground troops to move quickly at the expense of all defenses. Railways also provide Commanders another means of transportation if the enemy controls the skies. Lastly, it will increase gameplay by causing Commanders to consider other means of reinforcement targets may have and adjust strategies accordingly, as well as, provide more reason to destroy military zones if railways run to them.

please consider this suggestion as it will no longer require a road upgrade for the game. 

Edited by Oracle
  • Upvote 2

I agree with railroads but also you know just something to spend money on in global battle cause I always have so much money idk what to do with it but it would be nice to fill some of the plains with something sometimes I mean it's great like the Great Plains but it would be nice to build stuff on them if you get what I mean 

• Upvote 2

I have given this some thought, while in the shower no less, and believe this concept to be a great idea if fully developed. The proposed railroad will provide commanders the means of transporting troops relatively quickly from cities to reinforce frontline fighters. Below are how a fully developed rail plan should be implemented if well received. 

A Train Station shall be built in the cities (akin to an steel factory, army base, airfield, etc.) at the level 7. To be useful, another train station must be built in another controlled city for the railway to appear with the most direct route between the two stations. Once built, the Train Station may be upgraded to increase the trains' speed, capacity, and durability. Once connected to another city, Commanders may send troops via the rail to to a connected Train Station destination within the train's capacity. The more cities the Commander owns with constructed Train Stations, the more destinations are available. If a Train Station is destroyed, that destination becomes unavailable. The Train Station is limited to one train on the same track toward one destination per level (i.e. Lvl1= 1 train; Lvl2= 2 trains - 2 same track same destination, or 1 train per track different destinations; etc). Train's are prohibited from traveling toward each other. Once a train has left the station, it may stop and/or change directions as the Commander may direct, yet each halt or change in direction will initiate a timed delay sequence (i.e. 5mins to stop (representing time to complete the stop) & 5mins to restart (representing time to achieve cruising speed)) before each action is performed. Trains shall travel at a speed based on the originating Train Station's level (lvl1 = 1.0; lvl5 = 1.5). 

Each train's payload is limited by the capacity. The train shall allow loading of all land units, prohibiting the loading of naval and air units. Once max capacity is reached, remaining units will be prohibited from loading. To increase the train's capacity, the Commander may upgrade the Train Station (max level 5) which will yield a reasonable increase percentage from the original stat (max should not exceed 50).

Troops are prohibited from embarking the train anywhere, save a station. Once troops are embarked on the train, the Commander must disembark them to utilize them. While on route to the destination, troops will not engage nearby units. The Commander may halt the train and disembark troops anywhere along the route they desire.

Train Sub-Stations may be constructed on Military Zones and Harbors to allow troops to be moved to or from them rapidly. The Sub-Station must call for a train and it must arrive before troops may embark. The Sub-Station is prohibited from housing more than one train at a time, and then for no longer than 15minutes, and may not deliver troops beyond the nearest city(ies) to which it is connected. Train Stations may deliver troops tho Sub-Stations as the Commander may direct.

Overall, Train Stations will allow ground troops to move quickly at the expense of all defenses. Railways also provide Commanders another means of transportation if the enemy controls the skies. Lastly, it will increase gameplay by causing Commanders to consider other means of reinforcement targets may have and adjust strategies accordingly, as well as, provide more reason to destroy military zones if railways run to them.

please consider this suggestion as it will no longer require a road upgrade for the game. 

I agree with railroads but also you know just something to spend money on in global battle cause I always have so much money idk what to do with it but it would be nice to fill some of the plains with something sometimes I mean it's great like the Great Plains but it would be nice to build stuff on them if you get what I mean 

After reading Maddog's post, and noticing my surplus economy, I decided to add a couple points to this railroad suggestion. After a Commander erects Train Staions in two cities, they must purchase the track to connect the two destinations. The cost of the railway shall be based on the distance etween the cities, with longer distances elevating costs. Each time a Commander wants to utilize the train to move troops, they will be assessed a service fee, similar to the fee for transporting supplies of resources via the Commercial Center. Lastly, tendering an alteration to an earlier statement, Train Sub-Stations may only make a railway which connects to the owner city. This should help finalize and clearly depict how the in-game railroad system works.

The railway shall be vulnerable to attack at locations along the track which shall be designated by an auto generated locomotive supply station (similar to a water tower and/or coal tower). Destruction of these supply stations anywhere along the railway renders the route inoperable and requires the Commander to initiate repairs, which cost money, before resuming services. Also, if a train is destroyed during a jurney, one must be produced at at the Train Station before services may resume if none exist. Adding this element further increases the need to ensure control over a Commander's retained area and provides more strategic targets for enemy Commanders to consider when pursuing the best concept of operations for attacking another.

This railroad concepts should be strongly considered as it will add another layer to the game to increase immersive gameplay and, though expensive, delivers a plausible increase to troop movement speed which seems more realistic than employing a "road upgrade" for every road a commander travels. 

Edited by Oracle
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I grow tired of under-developed potential in content from game designers. Do you have a better concept?

No, we don't.  Sir, please be patient. The whole team, devs included, is busy with the new map now. We have to develop the game step by step and verify the feasibility of the concept repeatedly as well. Otherwise the game will be ruined by the glitches. Actually the devs are always paying great attention on the suggestion that you guys proposed. To meet you the massive players' requirements is our core objective. Btw, many of you suggestions, such as the ideas of Aircraft Carrier, have been introduced into the coming new map at some level. You can have the your ideal Aircraft Carriers soon.

• Upvote 1

No, we don't.  Sir, please be patient. The whole team, devs included, is busy with the new map now. We have to develop the game step by step and verify the feasibility of the concept repeatedly as well. Otherwise the game will be ruined by the glitches. Actually the devs are always paying great attention on the suggestion that you guys proposed. To meet you the massive players' requirements is our core objective. Btw, many of you suggestions, such as the ideas of Aircraft Carrier, have been introduced into the coming new map at some level. You can have the your ideal Aircraft Carriers soon.

I fully understand and his was just a reply to 1Garrett. No slight on you guys. I understand he pressure. Do what you must. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On January 22, 2016 at 0:56 PM, 1garrett said:

Uh I'm not a game designer

Nor am I. I just have ideas. 

In light of the difficulty commanders experience in unlocking higher tiered units, I believe re-addressing the inclusion of railroads for ground troop movement as a viable option is in order. As players move further inland, moving them via railway will perpetuate the momentum of attackers so time is not lost and commanders can advance.

Jack, Peter, and/or Jane, please let me know how this is received. Thanks. 

12 hours ago, Jane said:

I have verified with our ours. Railroad will be surely introduced into this world. The only thing is time. I am afraid it can't be added in next update which will be released in about a month. 

Thank you, Jane, for verifying the addition of this troop movement type. You are awesome. 

• Upvote 2

I would actually use this, IF it does its best to not go straight through villages, cities, forts, or any enemy/rebel structure and it and it does not slow if the track is on the ground instead of road. I never send supplies to people mainly because it gives a small undefended little truck that goes through 20 enemy/rebel structures if say a river is separating me and my destination instead of avoiding them and going on grass, I don't really care if it's slower I just want the cargo to reach its destination. Also I thought it was funny that you can't capture this one spot...

image.png

• Upvote 1