World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warfare Chonicles - The Remote Outpost

Oracle

Early in the game, I battled and subdued an enemy to capture a remote Military Zone situated between my city and a harbor I desired. Though seemingly useless, I knew it's location served as a strategic barrier to protect my Capitol from all invaders to my north and from the sea. Little did I know the correctness of my foresight.

Shortly after I completed modifications to bolster the defenses of this remote base, it began to repel its first attack. Announcing their entrance similar to a bad storm rolling toward small town residents, a column of enemy tanks rumbled toward the outpost's position with all the hate and discontent one could imagine. As my turret kicked in full battle mode, sending streams of hot lead to welcome their visitors, AT-Guns and Artillery exited the the army base and began making short work of the enemy. Though the battle was brief, the fight for this position was not over.

While executing repairs, I received alerts to enemy transports entering my airspace and found a sizable force of artillery had landed and begun to shell my position from beyond the range of the turrets (idk how as they both reach out to 300 but somehow it worked in my enemy's favor). Adding to this, I began receiving accurate fire from 2 enemy cruisers located offshore. As the shells pounded onto my position like repeated drums from an orchestra, I knew this enemy was determined to take my outpost and mustered all he could to exert his will. However, he failed to realize I laid claim to this base and my resolve is absolute. I launched an assault of tanks and arty on his artillery's position to destroy the lessor of the two evils. While the battle raged, I found my little base being reduced to the military zone itself with neither defences, nor bases to construct instruments of war. As I burned through my stockpile of diamonds to rectify ft is problem more and more units marched down on my little base, intent on seizing it. Just when I believed all was lost, a massive column of tanks I force marched from the distant lands of my Capitol arrived, and just in time might I add, to root out the remaining enemy ground units and provide me with a reprieve I desperately needed. I used the time and my last diamonds to upgrade my turrets to repel the cruisers and destroyers, which later joined the fight. Though losses were high, suffering a destroyed outpost and bare minimal troops to defend the pile of rubble left of my beloved military zone, I still retained ownership.

Subcomming to the realization I did not possess the troops, nor did I retain the diamonds, nor the economy to continue this fight, I put out a call for assistance. At that very moment, akin to the arcade era video games which pitted players against a hordes of virtual enemies, a wave of enemy bombers, followed closely by light air transports which delivered more artillery, flew toward my position desperate to put an absolute end to my resistance. After laying waste to my remaining tanks and setting sights on my military zone, I saw what proved to be my greatest salvation. One neighbor to my north had been watching the battle ensue and airdropped fully expanded AA-Guns at my position to rid me of my pending doom. It turns out this remote base served as the barrier between he and the opponent I faced, allowing him to amass a force to combat my plight. Overcome with a reinvigorated feeling of determination, I was able to produce more units to assist in repelling this attack. Together, we sunk a couple ships, destroyed his remaining land units and thwarted his efforts.

With his surviving units in full retreat, a sigh of relief escaped by body and calm reigned long enough to attend to long overdue repairs, expansions, and upgrades. During this process, I noticed a message in the chatbox from my opponent which read, "I will have that base." I replied to his message stating, "The battle has been long and hard. I applaud your resourcefulness and your tenacity for battle. I respect your understanding and desires to seize a position of strategic importance. However, you do not understand the current owner of this base. The base is mine. I fought for and claimed it. I built on it. It is mine. You will come and fight for it. You may destroy my units. You may destroy the base in the process. However, I will always own the base for it is mine and I am a man of my word."

To my surprise, I did not receive another attack on the military zone for the duration of the war. 

• Upvote 1

• Peter featured this topic