World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Supply/Logistics Ship Considerations

Oracle

As I cruise the blue abyss of our war torn world, I constantly monitor my troops fighting on land and how I need to find a way to recover, resupply, and repair them before they die. I understand combat in WW2 was typically a one way trip until you located an airbase or or a city to sack which will give them the much needed and deserved relief they require and appreciate the consideration in keeping the game as realistic as possible. To assist in easing their burden, I thought of a concept which will give them a much needed boost to their fighting spirits, and assist those allies who may not be league mates, but help as my battlemates. I want to introduce the idea of a supply/logistical ship for consideration and implementation. 

The supply/logistics ship shall look and function like a military transport ship. It shall dock in a naval base and have supplies, resources, and araments transported to it. Once filled, it can cruise with a fleet and is totally controlled by the player. Each supply run shall cost the player increments of 1000 supplies from the ship and shall increase with the expansion of the ship (ex lvl 1=1k supplies via truck; lvl 2=2k supplies via truck; lvl3=2k supplies via truck & landing craft; lvl4=2k supplies via truck & landing craft; lvl5=3k supplies via cargo flight). All vehicles must return to the ship, or be destroyed before another supply run can be made. 

Whenever the fleet needs to be resupplied, they will ensure they are within a radius of the supply/logistics ship and it will resupply them as in a city. The real usefulness of this ship, beyond what I mentioned earlier, is displayed when a player must resupply their troops on the ground. When it approaches a beach, a player can select to supply a location on the map as it can be done with the tactics supply drop. Once selected, a vehicle shall exit the ship and travel the most direct route to the location within its fuel range. The vehicle shall have no weaponry and must rely on a cleared path to survive and deliver its supplies. The player shall have a flag designation, solely visible to the player, where the supplies will be delivered as a reminder. 

Beyond supplying troops , the supply runs can transfer armaments and resources to any player as directed. This will help those players who are not a member of a league and/or league mates aren't one when they need logistical assistance. As of now, the only way to resupply troops outside of a city is via a tactics supply drop, which is useful yet you only get three unless you stockpiled tactics, and a league city supply airdrop, which is marvelous as it reupplies all league troops located in any administrative area selected. However, all the bugs have not been worked out so it is not as reliable as one would desire. 

Bottom line. This addition will assist in extending the range of battle waged and assist those players who at not be social but will fight with you. Let me know your thoughts. 

Edited by Oracle
  • Upvote 2

I was thinking of a supply ship for transporting oil from islands to shore bases, and the ability to capture the ships, rather than destroy them in open seas, and have the ability of the destroyers, or cruiser, to Cary a smaller portion of the supplies to naval bases to be sent to the owned city....

or just just destroy like commercial vehicles..  I have an island with 20k in oil and rubber..  And no way to get them off..

• Upvote 1

I was thinking of a supply ship for transporting oil from islands to shore bases, and the ability to capture the ships, rather than destroy them in open seas, and have the ability of the destroyers, or cruiser, to Cary a smaller portion of the supplies to naval bases to be sent to the owned city....

or just just destroy like commercial vehicles..  I have an island with 20k in oil and rubber..  And no way to get them off..

that sounds like a crappy situation. Hopefully something is done to fix your issue soon. 

As I cruise the blue abyss of our war torn world, I constantly monitor my troops fighting on land and how I need to find a way to recover, resupply, and repair them before they die. I understand combat in WW2 was typically a one way trip until you located an airbase or or a city to sack which will give them the much needed and deserved relief they require and appreciate the consideration in keeping the game as realistic as possible. To assist in easing their burden, I thought of a concept which will give them a much needed boost to their fighting spirits, and assist those allies who may not be league mates, but help as my battlemates. I want to introduce the idea of a supply/logistical ship for consideration and implementation. 

The supply/logistics ship shall look and function like a military transport ship. It shall dock in a naval base and have supplies, resources, and araments transported to it. Once filled, it can cruise with a fleet and is totally controlled by the player. Each supply run shall cost the player increments of 1000 supplies from the ship and shall increase with the expansion of the ship (ex lvl 1=1k supplies via truck; lvl 2=2k supplies via truck; lvl3=2k supplies via truck & landing craft; lvl4=2k supplies via truck & landing craft; lvl5=3k supplies via cargo flight). All vehicles must return to the ship, or be destroyed before another supply run can be made. 

Whenever the fleet needs to be resupplied, they will ensure they are within a radius of the supply/logistics ship and it will resupply them as in a city. The real usefulness of this ship, beyond what I mentioned earlier, is displayed when a player must resupply their troops on the ground. When it approaches a beach, a player can select to supply a location on the map as it can be done with the tactics supply drop. Once selected, a vehicle shall exit the ship and travel the most direct route to the location within its fuel range. The vehicle shall have no weaponry and must rely on a cleared path to survive and deliver its supplies. The player shall have a flag designation, solely visible to the player, where the supplies will be delivered as a reminder. 

Beyond supplying troops , the supply runs can transfer armaments and resources to any player as directed. This will help those players who are not a member of a league and/or league mates aren't one when they need logistical assistance. As of now, the only way to resupply troops outside of a city is via a tactics supply drop, which is useful yet you only get three unless you stockpiled tactics, and a league city supply airdrop, which is marvelous as it reupplies all league troops located in any administrative area selected. However, all the bugs have not been worked out so it is not as reliable as one would desire. 

Bottom line. This addition will assist in extending the range of battle waged and assist those players who at not be social but will fight with you. Let me know your thoughts. 

Hi Oracle, I agree with you but one point. Supplying league mates or the players in same faction is unacceptable. For example, most of you (in same faction) are good players, expand units quite fast, supply each other earlier,  the players of the other faction has got lots of rookies, they grow slower, barely understand what to do, as a result, with this supply thing, it's easier for you guys to defeat them.That's unfair to some good players of your opposite faction. Meanwhile, there exists a possibility that newbies may quit game soon. So the battlefield is not a fierce one since then. We might head to two extremes : one faction is overwhelming, the other vulnerable.That's not what we want.Our willing is to make the battlefield be filled with passions, and more importantly, to make this game fair to every player.

It's not doable for now. Good idea. We'll consider.

• Upvote 2

Hi Oracle, I agree with you but one point. Supplying league mates or the players in same faction is unacceptable. For example, most of you (in same faction) are good players, expand units quite fast, supply each other earlier,  the players of the other faction has got lots of rookies, they grow slower, barely understand what to do, as a result, with this supply thing, it's easier for you guys to defeat them.That's unfair to some good players of your opposite faction. Meanwhile, there exists a possibility that newbies may quit game soon. So the battlefield is not a fierce one since then. We might head to two extremes : one faction is overwhelming, the other vulnerable.That's not what we want.Our willing is to make the battlefield be filled with passions, and more importantly, to make this game fair to every player.

It's not doable for now. Good idea. We'll consider.

I respect your considerations to the this aspect of the concept. This point aside, do you think it is an Idea which we can force into a unit?