World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
L1onHeart

Requests from the Player Base

I know you guys are usually slow to respond to user feedback as I hear from most other active players but I shall send this feedback to you and will wait patiently for a reply. A lot of the players and I in the World Warfare LINE chat have been talking and here are some ideas and requests we have that we would appreciate being taken to the devs and being brought into the game as soon as possible. There is quite a bit so I apologize if there is a lot to read in this message. The requests and ideas are as follows:

1. Redesign of Global War Battlefield for navy:

Although navy can be used on the regular battlefield it is irrelevant for achieving victory. As of now the meta is M40 and Flakpanzer spams, and bomber spams. If anything, besides isles and battleship supremacy, navy are barely or never used in a battlefield. 

The conclusion many of us came to (many of the 202 in the chat) is that if rivers (both large and small) be ran through the mainland of the map then navy can not only hit more cities and territories, but can also be used to defend more cities and create more use for navy. An increase for navy in regular field will also reduce the amount of M40 and Flakpanzer spams, and will reduce bomber spams too. We could see a possible balance of troops used in Global War.

2. Helicopters:

Although they weren’t officially used in WW2, neither were some units or weren’t used until very late. The helicopter was in prototype during WW2, so technically it could be a troop in the game. We came up with some ideas. A helicopter that is good against air and navy, and one that is good against buildings and ground, they would do less damage than bombers but have a ranged splash attack damage firing either a main gun under the body or from rocket pods. Or, a helicopter for each occasion just like the most recent bombers, that way you can make more officers for more profits (yes, I thought about that). Another addition, although not needed would be a great addition, helicopters can carry an infantry unit. It would realistically make sense because that’s what helicopters were designed for, especially in the Cold War and Vietnam during the Cold War. They would simply have a weight load of 1. The helicopters would have slightly more speed than bombers. 

3. Turret Buffs:

Turrets currently only do single unit damage. Although turrets and even sniper towers are supposed to play a support role in defense while your army defends your city, once you get up to 3 or even just 2 cities you can’t always get to your cities soon enough to prepare or even simply get to our city to defend it before its destroyed. We came with having turrets gain the following over upgrading it in battlefield tech. At tier 3, turrets will do splash damage to air only. At tier 4, turrets will also do damage to ground units as well after researching the battlefield tech. 

4. Devaluing aspects of the game and lag and other bugs

Although it is always brought up the lag needs to still be reduced. Many of us do admit that the lag has reduced but there are still some times when the lag can be a bit too much and can ruin gameplay and competition during battlefields because the player couldn’t drop their troops from their gigs and the aa just shot them down before they could be dropped. We very much hope you guys continue to bring reduction to the lag as it helps tremendously. Also, Game of War found ways through selling tons of packs to devalue their items and in app purchases in their game and caused it to crash and burn with lots of its player base. Please, do not to the same with yours. Especially with the officers, please do your best at Joycrafter to make sure every single officer has a unique value to it that makes it the best at what it’s use is for. It’s okay to allow officers to be even better when paired with others like MacArthur and AA/Flak, and artillery and M40 officer(s). But don’t devalue them by making any sort of packs, deals, or other officers that make them absolutely useless and make people demand their money back, or worst, leave the game and feel ripped off. Make sure what we buy in this game is worth its actual value. Also, there are still chat bugs, troops disappearing bugs, and kicking players out of game bugs please. 

On behalf of the player base that still remains, I send this message to the developers to ask you to take these ideas into consideration and to hopefully implement them into the game. Thank you for reading.

-L1onHeart

P.S. still waiting on the submarines.. and our patience is beginning to grow weaker by the day

39 minutes ago, L1onHeart said:

I know you guys are usually slow to respond to user feedback as I hear from most other active players but I shall send this feedback to you and will wait patiently for a reply. A lot of the players and I in the World Warfare LINE chat have been talking and here are some ideas and requests we have that we would appreciate being taken to the devs and being brought into the game as soon as possible. There is quite a bit so I apologize if there is a lot to read in this message. The requests and ideas are as follows:

Although navy can be used on the regular battlefield it is irrelevant for achieving victory. As of now the meta is M40 and Flakpanzer spams, and bomber spams. If anything, besides isles and battleship supremacy, navy are barely or never used in a battlefield. 

The conclusion many of us came to (many of the 202 in the chat) is that if rivers (both large and small) be ran through the mainland of the map then navy can not only hit more cities and territories, but can also be used to defend more cities and create more use for navy. An increase for navy in regular field will also reduce the amount of M40 and Flakpanzer spams, and will reduce bomber spams too. We could see a possible balance of troops used in Global War.

2. Helicopters:

Although they weren’t officially used in WW2, neither were some units or weren’t used until very late. The helicopter was in prototype during WW2, so technically it could be a troop in the game. We came up with some ideas. A helicopter that is good against air and navy, and one that is good against buildings and ground, they would do less damage than bombers but have a ranged splash attack damage firing either a main gun under the body or from rocket pods. Or, a helicopter for each occasion just like the most recent bombers, that way you can make more officers for more profits (yes, I thought about that). Another addition, although not needed would be a great addition, helicopters can carry an infantry unit. It would realistically make sense because that’s what helicopters were designed for, especially in the Cold War and Vietnam during the Cold War. They would simply have a weight load of 1. The helicopters would have slightly more speed than bombers. 

3. Turret Buffs:

Turrets currently only do single unit damage. Although turrets and even sniper towers are supposed to play a support role in defense while your army defends your city, once you get up to 3 or even just 2 cities you can’t always get to your cities soon enough to prepare or even simply get to our city to defend it before its destroyed. We came with having turrets gain the following over upgrading it in battlefield tech. At tier 3, turrets will do splash damage to air only. At tier 4, turrets will also do damage to ground units as well after researching the battlefield tech. 

4. Devaluing aspects of the game and lag and other bugs

Although it is always brought up the lag needs to still be reduced. Many of us do admit that the lag has reduced but there are still some times when the lag can be a bit too much and can ruin gameplay and competition during battlefields because the player couldn’t drop their troops from their gigs and the aa just shot them down before they could be dropped. We very much hope you guys continue to bring reduction to the lag as it helps tremendously. Also, Game of War found ways through selling tons of packs to devalue their items and in app purchases in their game and caused it to crash and burn with lots of its player base. Please, do not to the same with yours. Especially with the officers, please do your best at Joycrafter to make sure every single officer has a unique value to it that makes it the best at what it’s use is for. It’s okay to allow officers to be even better when paired with others like MacArthur and AA/Flak, and artillery and M40 officer(s). But don’t devalue them by making any sort of packs, deals, or other officers that make them absolutely useless and make people demand their money back, or worst, leave the game and feel ripped off. Make sure what we buy in this game is worth its actual value. Also, there are still chat bugs, troops disappearing bugs, and kicking players out of game bugs please. 

On behalf of the player base that still remains, I send this message to the developers to ask you to take these ideas into consideration and to hopefully implement them into the game. Thank you for reading.

-L1onHeart

P.S. still waiting on the submarines.. and our patience is beginning to grow weaker by the day

*please fix the issues as soon as possible. (Correction for 4. Devaluing aspects of the game and lag and other bugs)

1 hour ago, L1onHeart said:

I like the idea of the actual waterways being added. They did this for the pc version of global and i loved it.

I disagree, however, on some of the other points justifying the change (although i agree with the change) for one, naval units arent “irrelevant” for achieving victory. They are VERY useful, even on global. As to the rivers reducing m40/aa spam. This i also disagree with. Imperial assault is loaded with rivers and the spam still happens there.. The game has already changed to the point that m40/aa spam isnt the all powerful beast it used to be. The majority of players haven’t realized that yet, but they eventually will. 

2. Helicopters:

No. This is a Ww2 era game. Lets leave it that way. 

3. Turret Buffs:

Turrets are fine. Changing stuff just to be changing stuff is usually a very bad idea. Besides, i really dont think they have the ability to permanently change them to aoe. Because they are classified as a building, not a unit, At best they could perhaps add a tactics similar to “for the country” that made them aoe for a short time. Even that though is an unnecessary change imo.

If naval units are irrelevant, whats the point? ? 

I dont think they are, so I want subs as well.

Firstly let me applaud y'all for putting it out like that. I agree with all except helos  they were used for scouting and medical duties. First rivers and streams running alli over map is an excellent idea as well as perhaps bridges to act as choke points my passes etc rd should also run through it's as a choke point. Defending these choke points should give the defender an increase in both defense as well as strength and perhaps slightly weaken the attack by same method. I won't get into the spamming of bombers m40s aa6 in my opinion each player should b limited in any one class of weapon to reflect the true human cost of manufacturing and maintaining those units, it's impossible for one nation to possess 40 50 even 70 bombers this is insane but caters to those who have real money to invest in game

Next turret buffing God ppl I've begged for two years to allow us to control turret fire the only reply I ever got was we would have to change the coding system...b.s. but again I'm not going into my personal thoughts on that but I will say ur idea is exactly what is needed...again 5 hrs to build a turret and it is destroyed in two minutes without doing any damage, while that may appeal to gemmers it is very frustrating to ppl like myself that take pleasure in the slow builds...

I'd like to add one thing to ur list...submarines r needed, again I've inquired to know avail...

So devs  what's it going to b u hearing and taking in what real players r recommending or r we again wasting our time??????