World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Manson1975

Maintenance & Update on February 9th.

If my planes were en route to base just before update, will they survive?  Was taking a base at the time and sent them back with 5mins flight time remaining just as the update started.

Wouldn’t approvals be provided prior to a new version being deployed?  That is how it is done at our organization...  stuff happens but the rationale that it is due to lack of approval should not be it.  

8 minutes ago, DevilDog3 said:

Wouldn’t approvals be provided prior to a new version being deployed?  That is how it is done at our organization...  stuff happens but the rationale that it is due to lack of approval should not be it.  

We have no idea, Apple approved in 5 minutes, while it took Google hours...something is definitely wrong.

7 minutes ago, DevilDog3 said:

We have no idea, Apple approved in 5 minutes, but there's definitely something wrong with Google today.

1 hour ago, Bloodmancer said:

Honestly if you think about it, it actually kind of doesn't make so much sense for M40s to do Splash damage like the howitzers. Howitzers target units indirectly, while the SPG typically target a single unit. Though I guess with all the actual vehicles in an artillery battalion firing and the explosive force of a typical 155MM artillery shell, it could make sense...

Still, I can't help but think of how they were actually used in war.

In WWII the American equivalents were all mobile artillery, all indirect fire. So the AoE makes perfect sense.  The American SPG is not the same term as a German or Russian SPG like the Stug/Jgpz or ISU/SU-100/122/152 vehicles. The m40 is a kin to M7, Sexton, Wespe, Hummel.

If you want to make arty more realistic,  AoE should be available at a range of 50-100%, and direct fire against anything under 50% of max range. This forces players to keep arty safe in the rear, as opposed to these m40 armies being used like tanks. This simulates the minimum fire distance before being used like a giant AT gun.

1 minute ago, Manson1975 said:

We have no idea, Apple approved in 5 minutes, while it took Google hours...something is definitely wrong.

Is there a plan to roll the update back if google does not approve soon? What is the deadline to provide access?

1 minute ago, Panzerwerfer42 said:

In WWII the American equivalents were all mobile artillery, all indirect fire. So the AoE makes perfect sense.  The American SPG is not the same term as a German or Russian SPG like the Stug/Jgpz or ISU/SU-100/122/152 vehicles. The m40 is a kin to M7, Sexton, Wespe, Hummel.

If you want to make arty more realistic,  AoE should be available at a range of 50-100%, and direct fire against anything under 50% of max range. This forces players to keep arty safe in the rear, as opposed to these m40 armies being used like tanks. This simulates the minimum fire distance before being used like a giant AT gun.

Or have a new troop or enhance the commando to be a Spotter so that artillery is more accurate. Though the scout airscraft is serving in that capacity now, much like it did in previous conflicts. 

6 minutes ago, DevilDog3 said:

Is there a plan to roll the update back if google does not approve soon? What is the deadline to provide access?

We will try to apply the update again.

One ask for future would be a countdown clock maybe starting an hour before maintenance begins. I know the mail goes out but the extra reminder would help ensure people get there troops secure beforehand. Anyone who still ignores the timer is lazy, sometimes we lose track of time in this game so wouldn’t hurt.

31 minutes ago, Warspite said:

If my planes were en route to base just before update, will they survive?  Was taking a base at the time and sent them back with 5mins flight time remaining just as the update started.

If you run out of fuel they will crash and burn...and they didn't land before the update started they are goners

Edited by Fxweird
Answer quiestion

It's not the developers fault if Google isn't able to respond in a timely manor, and to repeat a previous comment or two, you should always land planes before maintenance, I've been there before lol, and maintenance doesn't always take a specific amount of time, the developers and mods are always good about compensating or replacing for lost units also.

For me is this bf ending.almost 8 hours maintenance soon going to Work for 10 hours and After Work sleeping.when i loging back to my game all will be death and will start new game.what i was spend nobody give me back 

توقفت اللعبه والجيش الخاص بي مازال في خارج الثكنات

لا اعلم ماذا سيحدث له بعد التحديث هذا؟

Edited by Ali775452

12 minutes ago, Fxweird said:

If you run out of fuel they will crash and burn...and they didn't land before the update started they are goners

I had the planes commanded to land having already travelled 20mins, does the update cut off this command prompt?

2 minutes ago, Manson1975 said:

سأكون هنا حتى يتم حل المشكلة، انها تقريبا 12 صباحا! ما زلنا في المكتب.

اتمنئ ألا يأخذ هذا الامر وقتا اكثر من هذا

2 hours ago, Immel said:

I think some people are having a real hard time understanding the concept of “maintenance” here is the definition perhaps it may help some:

The work of keeping something in proper condition; upkeep

I dont know if you any of you have done any kind of maintenance but its not easy and things never go according to plan there is always something happening that you never expected. If you dont beleive me take a 5+ year old car to a mechanic for maintenance see what happens...

I fix my own vehicles so don’t have that issue 

I’ve been upgrading tanker class and  recentally started cannonner because of tanker is useless in pvp I feal that tanks just need to have a better purpose I don’t agree to nerf M40 I just feal like that tanks need a better purpose