World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Maintenance & Update on February 9th.

Guest Manson1975

I think some people are having a real hard time understanding the concept of “maintenance” here is the definition perhaps it may help some:

The work of keeping something in proper condition; upkeep

I dont know if you any of you have done any kind of maintenance but its not easy and things never go according to plan there is always something happening that you never expected. If you dont beleive me take a 5+ year old car to a mechanic for maintenance see what happens...

3 hours ago, Bloodmancer said:

Awesome, the new medium tanks will make a better all around unit for storming bases early on. They always seemed like they weren't much of a step up from lights honestly.

Bloodmancer and I haven't been on the best speaking terms recently :)

But this comment is very underraated. I've been focusing on Tanker class to keep things balanced on teams where MANY of the best players all gravitate towards cannoneer (because m40 and mobile aa together is currently the most OP combo for pvp fighting). Tanks in general have never been strong enough in this game to stand up against all of the naturally high-power defense mechanisms in the game built to eliminate tanks. Bombers, Anti-Tanks, Tank Destroyers, Flaks have super attack power vs tanks, even turrets have their highest attack power value set to "vs tanks". Can't wait to see how modifications to tanks might affect some of the big pvp fights in big battles. I had lot of fun using super tanks against Fluffy last week (even though they still got roasted often against m40 and rockets that have lots of boosts and tactics. 

-Zeus

7 minutes ago, KingCB said:

Bloodmancer and I haven't been on the best speaking terms recently :)

But this comment is very underraated. I've been focusing on Tanker class to keep things balanced on teams where MANY of the best players all gravitate towards cannoneer (because m40 and mobile aa together is currently the most OP combo for pvp fighting). Tanks in general have never been strong enough in this game to stand up against all of the naturally high-power defense mechanisms in the game built to eliminate tanks. Bombers, Anti-Tanks, Tank Destroyers, Flaks have super attack power vs tanks, even turrets have their highest attack power value set to "vs tanks". Can't wait to see how modifications to tanks might affect some of the big pvp fights in big battles. I had lot of fun using super tanks against Fluffy last week (even though they still got roasted often against m40 and rockets that have lots of boosts and tactics. 

-Zeus

I highly agree with this. It's not even the extra damage that usually gets them as Armor has the highest defense in proportion to their HP (And usually the highest HP as well). The issue with literally every other unit in the game is that tanks, and bombers (Which are most effective at countering mobile Arty/AA and rockets) Typically can't be spread out effectively while still focusing lots of fire power on a single target. Meanwhile, 30 mobile AA/arty can be spread out very effectively to where only a few units are lost and yet they can focus large amounts of firepower on a single area. Rockets are even worse as their range allows them to be spread so effectively that it is possible to lose only one unit (Or nothing) If the enemy does not spread theirs. Basically, if it weren't for the AOE damage, they wouldn't be anywhere near as useful.

Yup. I'd like to see a new battlefield tech option for tanks that gives area of effect for a few minutes to all tank units. Like Salvo for flaks. If you look at the battlefield tech options... Tanker class has less "Tanker class only" options than air class and cannoneer class anyway. No real reason that high level tanks should always have to be single target even when firing bursts of cannon fire at 20 m40 that are all stacked on top of each other. We should all have to be concerned with spreading out as needed to avoid area of effect damage. Tanks shouldn't be the only good unit in the game without splash damage.

fighters and jets I'm okay with not having splash damage on those only because I wouldn't want them killing 6-8 gig planes at same time in 1 min. But everything else has splash damage if it's a good unit. Tanks should have some as well. Then more players would use tank destroyers and anti tank guns and flaks to counter tanks. More balance in the game is always better.

10 minutes ago, KingCB said:

Yup. I'd like to see a new battlefield tech option for tanks that gives area of effect for a few minutes to all tank units. Like Salvo for flaks. If you look at the battlefield tech options... Tanker class has less "Tanker class only" options than air class and cannoneer class anyway. No real reason that high level tanks should always have to be single target even when firing bursts of cannon fire at 20 m40 that are all stacked on top of each other. We should all have to be concerned with spreading out as needed to avoid area of effect damage. Tanks shouldn't be the only good unit in the game without splash damage.

fighters and jets I'm okay with not having splash damage on those only because I wouldn't want them killing 6-8 gig planes at same time in 1 min. But everything else has splash damage if it's a good unit. Tanks should have some as well. Then more players would use tank destroyers and anti tank guns and flaks to counter tanks. More balance in the game is always better.

Rather than more AOE, I think allowing tanks to attack while moving would be far more interesting. This would make them more effective and dangerous at flanking. It would help promote units being spread out to counter AOE better. Finally, it would make tank range extension more valuable.

1 hour ago, Firestar said:

You should add anti vehicle infantry

They are called commandos.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Panzerwerfer42 said:

Rather than more AOE, I think allowing tanks to attack while moving would be far more interesting. This would make them more effective and dangerous at flanking. It would help promote units being spread out to counter AOE better. Finally, it would make tank range extension more valuable.

Really good idea. Not sure how difficult that would be to implement... but it would make tanks in the game more realistic (mobility while firing was an important trait of tank supremacy during ww2 era). 

Until the game comes back up... we might as well discuss strategy and update options lol. Nothing better to do for me unless I want to do some work on a Friday :/

Honestly if you think about it, it actually kind of doesn't make so much sense for M40s to do Splash damage like the howitzers. Howitzers target units indirectly, while the SPG typically target a single unit. Though I guess with all the actual vehicles in an artillery battalion firing and the explosive force of a typical 155MM artillery shell, it could make sense...

Still, I can't help but think of how they were actually used in war.

• Peter unfeatured this topic
  • Peter unpinned this topic