World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Leg, bug & glitch issue #2

Polack

Per support created by @MkV
Bugs, Glitches, and Lag:

As a WW player, I get as frustrated as the next player at all the bugs, glitches and Lag. It is helpful, however to understand some of the basics of what’s going on.

Bugs and glitches: This is where the software isn’t doing what its supposed to. The best thing to do is to take screenshots, and use the contact us feature in the game. The more information you can provide the better. YES, I know you get a form email in response. That’s because the support is overseas, and their software sends it automatically. I know its frustrating, but they can’t fix it until they figure out what’s wrong, to do that they need data.

Lag: Lag falls under a different category. There are some things you can do to mitigate lag.

• Device: WW is very demanding processing wise, especially in the big fights. When a big fight starts, not only is the server processing a lot of info, so is your device. Older, slower devices will suffer more than newer, faster ones. Be aware of what your device can and cannot do.
  • Connection: In addition to the server and device processing, there is a ton of data having to stream back and forth during big battles. This data flow is impacted by the quality and speed of your connection.
  • Restart your Device: Many mobile devices can go weeks without restarting. Before a big attack, WeFew usually restarts their devices. We have noticed that it does help. We also turn off a lot of the background apps as well.

Now, this isn’t the end all be all to solve your WW lag issues, but in my experience, it does help. Having some wisdom about your circumstance can help with some of the frustration. If you are on an old device you haven’t restarted in a month with a bad connection, you might want to pass on the 10 player attack on the enemy Monument.

Just now, Polack said:
Per support created by @MkV
Bugs, Glitches, and Lag:

As a WW player, I get as frustrated as the next player at all the bugs, glitches and Lag. It is helpful, however to understand some of the basics of what’s going on.

Bugs and glitches: This is where the software isn’t doing what its supposed to. The best thing to do is to take screenshots, and use the contact us feature in the game. The more information you can provide the better. YES, I know you get a form email in response. That’s because the support is overseas, and their software sends it automatically. I know its frustrating, but they can’t fix it until they figure out what’s wrong, to do that they need data.

Lag: Lag falls under a different category. There are some things you can do to mitigate lag.

• Device: WW is very demanding processing wise, especially in the big fights. When a big fight starts, not only is the server processing a lot of info, so is your device. Older, slower devices will suffer more than newer, faster ones. Be aware of what your device can and cannot do.
  • Connection: In addition to the server and device processing, there is a ton of data having to stream back and forth during big battles. This data flow is impacted by the quality and speed of your connection.
  • Restart your Device: Many mobile devices can go weeks without restarting. Before a big attack, WeFew usually restarts their devices. We have noticed that it does help. We also turn off a lot of the background apps as well.

Now, this isn’t the end all be all to solve your WW lag issues, but in my experience, it does help. Having some wisdom about your circumstance can help with some of the frustration. If you are on an old device you haven’t restarted in a month with a bad connection, you might want to pass on the 10 player attack on the enemy Monument.

Love this breakdown great overview of basic glitch problem solving! 

But these issues need to be discussed more where we can respond that’s why I created a 2nd chat because we can’t respond to 1st one!

i don’t wanna come off as an ass but I’m going to! I love the game and if u follow mvk guild lines above game should run smooth but it doesn’t period! Point of fact!

Which leads me to several conclusions:

1) either they Don’t care about performance just pushing new maps, Tec & troops for people to buy stuff!

2) they need to start beta testing stuff or if they do already do then read 3...

3) then they need to hired new programmer firm that knows how to program something that works

4) they need to have a expanded maintenance to fix these issues that everyone knows are reoccurring issues not just here & there then there fixed (after 90% of updates there back again like disappearing Troops, troops stoping mid flight, circling transports, etc...)

I’ll leave it at this but there is more here then simple device & network problems... major programming fix’s on there end is needed to get it running smoothly & stay running smoothly!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Polack said:

Love this breakdown great overview of basic glitch problem solving! 

But these issues need to be discussed more where we can respond that’s why I created a 2nd chat because we can’t respond to 1st one!

i don’t wanna come off as an ass but I’m going to! I love the game and if u follow mvk guild lines above game should run smooth but it doesn’t period! Point of fact!

Which leads me to several conclusions:

1) either they Don’t care about performance just pushing new maps, Tec & troops for people to buy stuff!

2) they need to start beta testing stuff or if they do already do then read 3...

3) then they need to hired new programmer firm that knows how to program something that works

4) they need to have a expanded maintenance to fix these issues that everyone knows are reoccurring issues not just here & there then there fixed (after 90% of updates there back again like disappearing Troops, troops stoping mid flight, circling transports, etc...)

I’ll leave it at this but there is more here then simple device & network problems... major programming fix’s on there end is needed to get it running smoothly & stay running smoothly!

It was locked for a reason. It was a PSA, not a bitch session.

You started off with a lie. If you dont wanna be an ass, then dont. If you do then admit it. Dont say one thing and do another.

1. Of course they care. Dont be silly. They have different departments for new content, testing, QA, and programming. One doesn’t shut down just because another is having an issue. 

2. Theoretically, some stuff will always get through. Their testing team is unlikey to run across everything. When the game is exposed to thousands of users, it is inevitable that they will run into something the testers missed. Having said that; I agree that they need to do better testing. They have let some fairly glaring bugs through.

3. The game clearly works, and has worked very well in the past. An adage in software development is your time is spent 10% coding and 90% debugging. Intermittent bugs are very hard to track down. Especially when you consider the variety of devices, operating system versions, connections, background apps, etc. 

4. Id wager that everytime they fix something they have a maintenance to get the fix live. I completely disagree that they should with until everything is fixed to have one expanded maintenance. 

There is clearly more here that simple device and network problems. That was never said or inferred. This is also not your typical “click attack and the server sends you a result” app that is 99.9% of the strategy games out there. This is a realtime combat, 3d, rts that is literally synced with hundreds of players and thousands of units per map. This is something that even PC games struggle with. 

I am relocking this thread, and will delete any attempt to reopen it. If you wanna bitch feel free to start your own thread. Dont hijack mine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• MkV locked this topic
  • Peter unlocked this topic

Let’s get this discussion going & try to find real ways to improve leg/but issues! @MkVguildline above is a good start for phone/WiFi related leg issues... 110% needs to be 1st steps in trying to figure out what’s causing the issue... anyone else got any tricks they found help minimize the issue on a phone/WiFi side of things?

@Noodles@Hitgirl