World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To Mr legal eagle.the thing about calling someone a cheater and getting away with it is you would have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it actually happened..it's really boils down to your word against there's..

Fxweird, you are sadly mistaken about the law.  Proof in a slander/ libel case is on the aggrieved party:  they have to prove its false.  I do not have to prove it’s true.  Plus the burden of proof is by a preponderance of evidence; not reasonable doubt or “shadow of a doubt “ like you claim .  Plus, I have ample evidence of cheating.  Thankyou for your uninformed opinion regarding the laws of libel.  I will send you a bill for my time explaining the law.

• Like 1

Developers say that can’t support battle royale as they had hoped for April 1 as scheduled.  We will delay it until they are ready.

See recent dialogue below.

F23E3E4F-9F95-499D-AC55-B2B892582848.png

DE340FA1-A494-47B0-822D-20B69925FFE3.png

On 1/31/2018 at 8:23 PM, LegalEagle said:

Fxweird, you are sadly mistaken about the law.  Proof in a slander/ libel case is on the aggrieved party:  they have to prove its false.  I do not have to prove it’s true.  Plus the burden of proof is by a preponderance of evidence; not reasonable doubt or “shadow of a doubt “ like you claim .  Plus, I have ample evidence of cheating.  Thankyou for your uninformed opinion regarding the laws of libel.  I will send you a bill for my time explaining the law.

Wow, you are clueless.  Slander is falsely accusing someone to damage their reputation. Without evidence (because you have none), your accusation of cheating is slander and you are open to lawsuit. Then it will be your burden to prove you didn’t accuse them of cheating.  Good luck with that.

19 hours ago, Panzerwerfer42 said:

Wow, you are clueless.  Slander is falsely accusing someone to damage their reputation. Without evidence (because you have none), your accusation of cheating is slander and you are open to lawsuit. Then it will be your burden to prove you didn’t accuse them of cheating.  Good luck with that.

Before you speak you should do your research. Not only is Eagle a lawyer IRL, I just pulled multiple articles on libel/slander cases. Here is what I have learned.

Defamation law changes as you cross state borders, but there are some accepted standards that make laws similar no matter where you are. Generally in order to win your lawsuit, you must show that:

Someone made a statement;

The statement was published;

The statement caused you injury;

The statement was false; and

The statement did not fall into a privileged category.

Obviously, you are clueless. Not eagle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To prove ¨True Skill¨ ya´ll should not let gems in that battlefeild if there were no gems half of the top 100 would look like scrubs, although this clearly won´t happen cause JoyCraft needs their money( You can´t blame them and im not critizing their business decisions), but its a true statment.

Although I don´t disagree with LegalEagle  for his reasons of not wanting godz in, I think we should invite leagues that have clearly proved themselves to be considered pros to come in, no matter how much you hate zues(I do to) godz have proved they are good in recent times.

Bloodmancer, you are spot on your description of the law.  Slander requires the aggrieved party to prove the statement was false.  Truth is always an absolute defense.  So I would welcome a lawsuit.  Panzer, your ignorance is alarmingly bold.  Sometimes it better to remain silent and let people think you are a fool instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt.  So panzer, feel free to sue me for libel (not slander—look up the difference) because you are an idiot.

• Like 1

1 year later and this idea never came about which truly is a shame, I do miss the old days when ideas like these were being brought up.