World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
BigLove

Alts, Gems, Demoing & Shields

I'd like to just burn off a little steam that's been building up. I'll touch on the three major issues that I feel will eventually lead to my permanent departure of this game I used to love.

1. Alts - An "alternate account" for those of you not familiar. A single player using an additional or multiple accounts for a variety of reasons to gain an "upper hand" over the competition. I have discussed this topic with devs and was told there is simply no way to police it. I know of players with as many as four alts and I'm sure there are many with more. I'm not going to list the circumstances of each incident on an open forum b/c I don't want others to read this and put the ideas in their playbook. Needless to say if I could have multiple clones of me doing as I command, I could achieve so much more. I don't have time to monkey with an alt and frankly will not waste my time trying to compete at a strategy game with those who do. 

2. Gemming - Can be used in a number of situations, is 100% allowed per the rules but is frowned upon by a majority of players from what I've seen since I started playing. You can gem about anything in the game. Troops, shields, resurrect/complete buildings and technology. Here's my problem with gemming. How was a gem ever used in war? How is it relevant to a war game? It's not. If you want to heal your ogres in WOWC perhaps. Suggestion to help improve the game: Instead of allowing the gemming of troops, triple the resources it took to make them in the first place. Instead of gem pacifying a city, triple the resources needed to erect it. Tanks, airplanes, ships were all produced at an incredible rate during war times. It was possible but it took resources. A lot of money, manpower (population), steel, rubber and oil. That is something that will help tremendously IMO. I usually carry a balance of 5k gems, all free, never bought a single one. I could gem pacify a city my city 8 times while whoever just killed it sits there, can't cap, all the while my pals are blitzing to kill his helpless ground troops. 

3. Demoing - I only do it to a player if he or she has done to me. I get it, hate it but again, let's be practical about it. It took me god knows how long to build those lvl 8 turrets, but it only takes 2 mins/each to demo? Everything takes 2 minutes except for your city or a leveled up zone. Make it take an equal amount of time to take down as it did to put up. ...or longer. Or make the gemmers burn their precious on something as senseless as demoing. 

4. Last but not least, Shields. Perhaps the worst buzz kill in the game. There are ways to try to prevent them, but again, when was one single "shield" used in WW2? C'mon guys a shield, really? This is a WAR game. You want us to fight right??? o.O

Several very good players have left the game recently. They're tired of this stuff. I inevitably will likely be shutting er down here soon as the frustration outweighs the enjoyment anymore. Hope some of this is implemented or at least considered. Thanks for reading. IMG_3244.thumb.PNG.61696ac4cab167809befd34118436b7d.PNG

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BigLove said:

I'd like to just burn off a little steam that's been building up. I'll touch on the three major issues that I feel will eventually lead to my permanent departure of this game I used to love.

1. Alts - An "alternate account" for those of you not familiar. A single player using an additional or multiple accounts for a variety of reasons to gain an "upper hand" over the competition. I have discussed this topic with devs and was told there is simply no way to police it. I know of players with as many as four alts and I'm sure there are many with more. I'm not going to list the circumstances of each incident on an open forum b/c I don't want others to read this and put the ideas in their playbook. Needless to say if I could have multiple clones of me doing as I command, I could achieve so much more. I don't have time to monkey with an alt and frankly will not waste my time trying to compete at a strategy game with those who do. 

2. Gemming - Can be used in a number of situations, is 100% allowed per the rules but is frowned upon by a majority of players from what I've seen since I started playing. You can gem about anything in the game. Troops, shields, resurrect/complete buildings and technology. Here's my problem with gemming. How was a gem ever used in war? How is it relevant to a war game? It's not. If you want to heal your ogres in WOWC perhaps. Suggestion to help improve the game: Instead of allowing the gemming of troops, triple the resources it took to make them in the first place. Instead of gem pacifying a city, triple the resources needed to erect it. Tanks, airplanes, ships were all produced at an incredible rate during war times. It was possible but it took resources. A lot of money, manpower (population), steel, rubber and oil. That is something that will help tremendously IMO. I usually carry a balance of 5k gems, all free, never bought a single one. I could gem pacify a city my city 8 times while whoever just killed it sits there, can't cap, all the while my pals are blitzing to kill his helpless ground troops. 

3. Demoing - I only do it to a player if he or she has done to me. I get it, hate it but again, let's be practical about it. It took me god knows how long to build those lvl 8 turrets, but it only takes 2 mins/each to demo? Everything takes 2 minutes except for your city or a leveled up zone. Make it take an equal amount of time to take down as it did to put up. ...or longer. Or make the gemmers burn their precious on something as senseless as demoing. 

4. Last but not least, Shields. Perhaps the worst buzz kill in the game. There are ways to try to prevent them, but again, when was one single "shield" used in WW2? C'mon guys a shield, really? This is a WAR game. You want us to fight right??? o.O

Several very good players have left the game recently. They're tired of this stuff. I inevitably will likely be shutting er down here soon as the frustration outweighs the enjoyment anymore. Hope some of this is implemented or at least considered. Thanks for reading. IMG_3244.thumb.PNG.61696ac4cab167809befd34118436b7d.PNG

I agree with your sentiments, i just dont have as much as a problem with these issues. Other than the alt, those tactics are usually done by players who are losing. Let them shield, demo, gem to their little hearts content. These are crutches that hinder good player development.

I dont really have an issue with alts for these reasons. First they are usually under golded, with no generals. Vanilla. Second, a player cannot play 2 or more accounts as efficiently as they can play one. Especially in contact. They can have a resource advantage, but like i said, idc about that. I see alts as free xp.

Id hate to lose more players over this though so maybe the devs will listen. 

I actually like the fact that we can demo buildings after all scorched earth is historically accurate as far back in history as you are willing to look. Also like it or not use it or not it is a valid strategy to deny your opponent vital tactical assets.

I am not talking about what some do which is to rage demo every single building in a city by gemming thats just dumb although fun to watch them waste gems.

But there are scenarios in which destroying key buildings in a city can hurt and hinder enemy progress long enough to counterstrike with devastating effects

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Immel said:

I actually like the fact that we can demo buildings after all scorched earth is historically accurate as far back in history as you are willing to look. Also like it or not use it or not it is a valid strategy to deny your opponent vital tactical assets.

I am not talking about what some do which is to rage demo every single building in a city by gemming thats just dumb although fun to watch them waste gems.

But there are scenarios in which destroying key buildings in a city can hurt and hinder enemy progress long enough to counterstrike with devastating effects

Highly agree with this point. In world war two the Russians hindered and hurt the German advancement by burning their farms, storehouses and shelters etc as they retreated, starving the German troops and stranding them in the freezing cold weather of the Russian winter.

One of the things that I've become frustrated with is people's drive to in. While I agree that these things can be frustrating sometimed, it really doesn't matter because you should try and have fun with the battle and combat rather than your only enjoyment being the win. If you are here to win or boost your ego with personal ranking, you should leave the game and go play Game of War or something like that that is all about winning.

Edited by Bloodmancer

9 hours ago, Immel said:

1 hour ago, Bloodmancer said:

Highly agree with this point. In world war two the Russians hindered and hurt the German advancement by burning their farms, storehouses and shelters etc as they retreated, starving the German troops and stranding them in the freezing cold weather of the Russian winter.

One of the things that I've become frustrated with is people's drive to in. While I agree that these things can be frustrating sometimed, it really doesn't matter because you should try and have fun with the battle and combat rather than your only enjoyment being the win. If you are here to win or boost your ego with personal ranking, you should leave the game and go play Game of War or something like that that is all about winning.

Yes, scorched earth is a valid tactic. In WW a key demo can help hold up or hinder an enemy short term. My issue is that excessive demoing  is indicative of a defeatest attitude. 

I remember a game in WeFew’s early days when it was just Tdf, Snake, Easy, and I. We were fighting a league of 12 or so and Snakeeater was losing a city to them. I suggested he demo. His reply taught me a lot. He said “Hell no, that *sshole is just keeping it warm until i can take it back.” He was, and he did. 

It may sound cliche, but winning is an attitude

12 hours ago, MkV said:

I agree with your sentiments, i just dont have as much as a problem with these issues. Other than the alt, those tactics are usually done by players who are losing. Let them shield, demo, gem to their little hearts content. These are crutches that hinder good player development.

I dont really have an issue with alts for these reasons. First they are usually under golded, with no generals. Vanilla. Second, a player cannot play 2 or more accounts as efficiently as they can play one. Especially in contact. They can have a resource advantage, but like i said, idc about that. I see alts as free xp.

Id hate to lose more players over this though so maybe the devs will listen. 

Thanks for commenting MkV. It never really bothered me either until I witnessed this first hand. The Alt and host player apparently jumped simultaneously and are neighboring cities. The alt kills the nearest farm to drop his/her shield after freshly spawning in a new field. does nothing and the host rolls in shortly thereafter with troops to cap and convert to LC. Getting that league hardware early in a map is a game changer. Perhaps a completely random spawn in quadrants could mitigate this, idk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigLove said:

Thanks for commenting MkV. It never really bothered me either until I witnessed this first hand. The Alt and host player apparently jumped simultaneously and are neighboring cities. The alt kills the nearest farm to drop his/her shield after freshly spawning in a new field. does nothing and the host rolls in shortly thereafter with troops to cap and convert to LC. Getting that league hardware early in a map is a game changer. Perhaps a completely random spawn in quadrants could mitigate this, idk. 

That is far more common thatn you might think. Distateful, but not much to do about it.  Fortunaletly, with the new classes and some of the new units, that advantage isnt nearly as bad as it used to be. I will say this, it is VERY satisfying to smoke those guys ?

19 hours ago, MkV said:

Yes, scorched earth is a valid tactic. In WW a key demo can help hold up or hinder an enemy short term. My issue is that excessive demoing  is indicative of a defeatest attitude. 

I remember a game in WeFew’s early days when it was just Tdf, Snake, Easy, and I. We were fighting a league of 12 or so and Snakeeater was losing a city to them. I suggested he demo. His reply taught me a lot. He said “Hell no, that *sshole is just keeping it warm until i can take it back.” He was, and he did. 

It may sound cliche, but winning is an attitude

Exactly, typically I only demo the airbase and maybe the supply factory to cause them problems and prevent them from using it as a FOB.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bloodmancer said:

Exactly, typically I only demo the airbase and maybe the supply factory to cause them problems and prevent them from using it as a FOB.

My two preferred choices as well. Although since my airbase is usually lLevel 9 and my supply factory is usally level 10, i often times don't even do that.

13 minutes ago, MkV said:

My two preferred choices as well. Although since my airbase is usually lLevel 9 and my supply factory is usally level 10, i often times don't even do that.

Yeah if it' my capitol then yes, sometimes in smaller cites THAT I capped recently.

• Upvote 1

On the topic of alts. I use one to get around limitations on league cities that I think need to be fixed. As a league we are able to have 5 league cities but if you use all 5 you cannot capture an enemy league city. Also if you have a monument you cannot capture an enemy monument. So we use to only run 4 league cities and no monument because taking away enemy LCs is a great strategy. Then we learned an alt account in a different league solves all those problems. I'm not saying I agree with alts and most games actually do try to prevent multiple accounts but there is a few good reasons to use them that I think could be fixed in the game. Like maybe after 5 LCs you can capture a LC but it's a locked LC with only a demo option unusable by the team and providing no points.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Raindrop said:

On the topic of alts. I use one to get around limitations on league cities that I think need to be fixed. As a league we are able to have 5 league cities but if you use all 5 you cannot capture an enemy league city. Also if you have a monument you cannot capture an enemy monument. So we use to only run 4 league cities and no monument because taking away enemy LCs is a great strategy. Then we learned an alt account in a different league solves all those problems. I'm not saying I agree with alts and most games actually do try to prevent multiple accounts but there is a few good reasons to use them that I think could be fixed in the game. Like maybe after 5 LCs you can capture a LC but it's a locked LC with only a demo option unusable by the team and providing no points.

That is very common use for alts, but non-alt allies can do the same thing. I dont think the current LC city system is broken. One of the reasons you have allies is to fufill those roles. In fact, in big dog fights, its a way that a small league of one or two people can be useful. The fact that most people use alts to do this is more convenience than necessity. 

I personally have no problem with alts in general. I do have a problem with the abuse of alts. Unfortunately what is considered abuse is subjective and there is nowhere near a consensus on what constitutes abuse.   

• Like 1

Alts are ruining the game & have caused its deteration for some time now. The devs or GMs saying nothing can be done about it is BS in my opinion. Sounds more like they are too lazy or unwilling to put a stop to it. My guess is because of the small amount of cash they get from alts. It would be most desirable if us players could see & view the terms of service and rules for the game we put so many hours of love and deacation into. I’m sick to death of bring up important issues to be ignored or simply swept under the run because the company doesn’t want to address them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I do not understand how gem pacifies are allowed to work. With enough money or free gems, a defender can unlimited pacify a city to deny the attacker a capture. Ultimately until reinforcements arrive, the attacker dies, or retreats (if possible).  The problem is, the attacker not able to counter this in anyway. Unlike shields, which cannot be used during battle, the attacker has an opportunity to retreat. Regardless of how annoying, shields are not game breaking, opposite of unlimited defensive pacifies.

The gem pacify. I see three possible solutions to gem pacifying as a defender: 1. The cost of pacify doubles on a city after each pacify. Options: could happen on all buildings. Maybe the doubling resets after X hours. 2. Gem pacifies are disabled during the 2min capture. Or, Gem pacifies are disabled during combat. Meaning the defender must successfully defend before rebuilding. 3. Pacify has a cool down period, X minutes. Maybe 10 or 30 minutes.

Edited by Panzerwerfer42
  • Upvote 1

Scorched Earth is a great tactic! But not when it takes 2minutes to destroy level 20 turrets that takes two days of nonstop upgrading... That makes no sense in anyway situation. Something that takes 2 hours to do one upgrade should take AT LEAST 1 hour to demo... Go through with scorched Earth, I don't care to rebuild resource fields. When I take a city and have to scramble to get turrets to a decent level just to try and defend again... That's ridiculous. 

Alts are handy in this game for capping enemy LCs, yes. You can make restrictions on IP addresses though... Tons of games do it, Battle Dawn on PC is my by far favorite game ever. They track IP addresses for alt accounts. Track signals from IP addresses, ban the account with the lowest gameplay time. If it continues to happen ban the account with themost game time, then slap the player in the face for being an idiot. 

Gemming is great! Everyone should be able to do it at will! Gemming cities and turrets should have limitations though... Free players have no chance against someone with a little spare cash. This isn't a hard fix either, every repair made to the same building within 15 minutes costs .25x the previous amount of gems. Can't say this is a hard fix, that's just being stupid.

Shields.... Yes I've used shields, yes others should use shields until this is fix... Put a friggin cool down on shields... Sure, you can use a shield when someone is flying to say hello... But you cant use another shield on any city until the (for example) 8 hour shield's complete 8 hours has dissipated. 

These are easy fixes... This makes it fair for people who can't afford shields.

It would be nice for the devs to give a crap about the game long term, can't get every player to agree on this, because a lot of players know without these tactics, they can't survive. Tough luck, get on a better team, be active (yes I work a full time job and am a full time student so I understand how busy life is...) And learn.

• Like 1

Please don’t justify an alt. I agree with increasing demo times and rss costs. Please don’t justify an alt.  I think shields help people to sleep and work in life.  Please don’t justify an alt. Keep shields for sale and able to be earned on the daily. However, check for the shield glitch.  Please don’t justify an alt. I have seen a shield get dropped with 10 stugs unloading on the big house. Please don’t justify an alt.