World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why can't we transport population?!?!

Bloodmancer

Population is a resource, why can't it be transported like any other resource to cities that need it? I have a city that ran out of population while I am expanding and training units, it has two military zones connected to it, my nearest city doesn't have any military zones so it will take me most of the day to finish expanding my units. The nearest city is level 20 and has over 100k population, yet I cannot send any of my population to the city where I am expanding. This makes absolutely no sense, Now I can either wait until tomorrow to expand or eat up my entire day expanding my units. This needs to be fixed...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bloodmancer said:

Population is a resource, why can't it be transported like any other resource to cities that need it? I have a city that ran out of population while I am expanding and training units, it has two military zones connected to it, my nearest city doesn't have any military zones so it will take me most of the day to finish expanding my units. The nearest city is level 20 and has over 100k population, yet I cannot send any of my population to the city where I am expanding. This makes absolutely no sense, Now I can either wait until tomorrow to expand or eat up my entire day expanding my units. This needs to be fixed...

1 hour ago, Agame82 said:

I agree we need to transport population, we are allowed to transport fortune to our cities and we would have the same amount of fortune yet we can’t transport our population

Im pretty sure this is intentional. This game is very much about resource management and pop is just another resource you have to manage. 

33 minutes ago, MkV said:

Im pretty sure this is intentional. This game is very much about resource management and pop is just another resource you have to manage. 

Yes, that is true, but like I said it IS a resource. We can transport every other resource in game, even fortune, but not population. It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Especially since moving resources where they are needed has a big play in the management part...

1 hour ago, Bloodmancer said:

Yes, that is true, but like I said it IS a resource. We can transport every other resource in game, even fortune, but not population. It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Especially since moving resources where they are needed has a big play in the management part...

I agree, but transporting it is not the only way to manage it. This is where you have to get creative. 

17 minutes ago, MkV said:

I agree, but transporting it is not the only way to manage it. This is where you have to get creative. 

That is also true, but it isn't always possible to have 2-3 cities with multiple upgraded military zones attached that you have easy access to... For example, Isles of war does not have a whole lot of MZs... And the cities that I do have them attached to aren't always easy to get to when I need to. Only other way is to get it from comm center.

3 hours ago, Bloodmancer said:

That is also true, but it isn't always possible to have 2-3 cities with multiple upgraded military zones attached that you have easy access to... For example, Isles of war does not have a whole lot of MZs... And the cities that I do have them attached to aren't always easy to get to when I need to. Only other way is to get it from comm center.

Thats true. That's actually one of the reasons we enjoy Isles. It is MUCH more logistically challenging. (Not just population wise, but isles  is probably the toughest map to expand on)

Expansion is not only a key aspect of the game, it can also be difficult to accomplish and maintain. It is, in my mind, one of the key differentiators between levels of logistcal skill in this game. (Which I seperate from “Tactical” skills which I believe are different, and not necessarily mutualy inclusive)

56 minutes ago, RichMoneyGP said:

Sorry for my newbie question but what does population actually do by definition in world of warfare?

It is used anytime an armament is built into a unit, a unit plus an armament is expanded into a larger unit, and a damaged unit is repaired.

2 hours ago, Panzerwerfer42 said:

What would be the impact of making population a community resource like cash? Cash doesn’t have to be moved between cities to be used.

It wouldn't be realistic first of, Cash can be used on credit so it is very liquid and easily transferred. People cannot be used on credit, if you don't have the manpowered, you don't have. Realistically, people recruited into the military are transported to a center where training is being done all the time.

4 minutes ago, Bloodmancer said:

It wouldn't be realistic first of, Cash can be used on credit so it is very liquid and easily transferred. People cannot be used on credit, if you don't have the manpowered, you don't have. Realistically, people recruited into the military are transported to a center where training is being done all the time.

The liquidity of cash I can agree, but realism has nothing to do with it. Most of this game isn’t realistic, like rocket artillery that out ranges large caliber guns. They can’t even get some of the skins right (mustang-spitfire).

But they could make a “recruit” armament. Like you say, transporting military personnel. It cost 2-3k population but low money and steel. When transported to another city, consuming it through training causes the population to be added into the new city.

10 minutes ago, Panzerwerfer42 said:

The liquidity of cash I can agree, but realism has nothing to do with it. Most of this game isn’t realistic, like rocket artillery that out ranges large caliber guns. They can’t even get some of the skins right (mustang-spitfire).

But they could make a “recruit” armament. Like you say, transporting military personnel. It cost 2-3k population but low money and steel. When transported to another city, consuming it through training causes the population to be added into the new city.

I suspect its more of a game balance thing. Population is the primary choke point for expanding and has to be managed carefully. Thats a good thing because expanded units are very powerful.

There is already a way to transfer pop to your capital from non-capital cities. Its very inefficient, but hey, at least its something.