World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

August 23rd Update preview

Guest Manson1975

On August 16, 2017 at 4:27 AM, Manson1975 said:

Greetings Commanders!

A new update will be available on August 23rd, we have some exciting new features to share with you, let's take a look together!

Phase 1:

Aircraft Carrier Attacks

Aircraft carriers can now attack other units! Your carriers will no longer be defenseless. Command the high seas and declare victory today! 

239280.gif.c986b4f6de19af026159f6060aa6016a.gif

Here are the stats:

Essex.thumb.jpg.4da0e3cf2075e961c6280a26487f3396.jpgYorktown.thumb.jpg.3a082e8b7bea376373a7b5ee86cf685e.jpg

Phase 2:

City Morale Feature

Commanders,

In times of war, maintaining positive morale is a crucial concern. Central command has founded a "home away from home" for the troops: the USO Show! accessed from the HQ building, it gives all troops in the Administrative area a boost to their morale. It takes 1500 fortune to activate this feature. Use it to rally your troops before a battle or to help them unwind, the choice is yours. Coming in our next update!

"Morale is the greatest single factor in successful wars." Dwight D. Eisenhower

image.png.5fa1c4cfed72990c6dce434bc3fba39f.png

59966ec851ae5_8058CE8B-4026-4D22-89F3-395C33D284E7.thumb.png.0bdfa0b76c27f097bbe65c3620abd40a.png

Phase 3:

New Units: Flak 36/Flak 41

Commanders,

Our factories are preparing to produce a new line of weapons: The anti-air, anti-tank Flak 36 and Flak 41 guns! these versatile weapons can provide the kind of tactical freedom that is useful in both an offensive and defensive capability. Production will go online with our next update. Adjust your tactics and see you on the battlefield!

59985fd2e2313_661006(1).gif.270c0f705434c34b41a0ce1f26823b37.gif661006.gif.8375dd59c99976a45649c6a42bcda3d5.gif

Flak 36 (Personal)

59985febb5d82_03.thumb.jpg.197a2d0c8375ec243ab74b93e74ca579.jpg

Flak 41 (League)

59986011056bb_04.thumb.jpg.e46fcb13f2acc59ae7e4413a8af0b3d9.jpg

More contents will be revealed soon, please stay tuned~

What fuckin aircraft carrier ever existed that had deck guns to shoot ships and ground units? AA makes sense. Deck guns on an aircraft carrier, which would defeat the purpose of an airfield at sea mind you, would be op as fuck on these things especially when you consider the fact that IT HOLDS MORE FIRE POWER. THIS IS NOT WHAT ANYONE MEANT BY BEING ABLE TO DEFEND ITSELF. 

3 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

What fuckin aircraft carrier ever existed that had deck guns to shoot ships and ground units? AA makes sense. Deck guns on an aircraft carrier, which would defeat the purpose of an airfield at sea mind you, would be op as fuck on these things especially when you consider the fact that IT HOLDS MORE FIRE POWER. THIS IS NOT WHAT ANYONE MEANT BY BEING ABLE TO DEFEND ITSELF. 

Be nice please. Just because you disagree there is no cause for the language or the rudeness.

I realize the Lexington isn't the Yorktown or the Essex, but you did ask the question.

IMG_3244.JPG

IMG_3246.JPG

IMG_3248.JPG

1 hour ago, MkV said:

Be nice please. Just because you disagree there is no cause for the language or the rudeness.

I realize the Lexington isn't the Yorktown or the Essex, but you did ask the question.

IMG_3244.JPG

IMG_3246.JPG

IMG_3248.JPG

Didn't your teachers ever tell you that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and doesn't have reliable information?

48 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

Didn't your teachers ever tell you that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and doesn't have reliable information?

Wikipedia was just a convient source. I was familiar with the "Lex" already. But thanks for the tip. And no, when i was in school, there werent even PCs much less the internet. Besides its just as silly to say that all wiki info is wrong as it is to say its right.

42 minutes ago, Hitgirl said:

Wow, new map. Now are there going to be more maps and is it going to be available all the time or will it be a "special" map like isles? Players really need to be able to choose between 3-5 maps in my opinion.   Thanks for the hard work,   HG. 

I dont disagree, but unless the maps are very small, ww doent have the player base atm to support that. Global is already dorked when Isles is open as it is.

By introducing new units, will the technology be changed class? To which troops do new units belong to? Anti-aircraft guns, artillery, armored cars or something new? Does the forest affect them? The new card is super. But I want to warn against the choice of cards. The choice between the cards will most likely not be, because it will be filled for a long time. I think that there is no point in choosing cards, since developers can alternate cards themselves every 2 weeks

On 8/19/2017 at 5:38 PM, MkV said:

I suspect these will have more effect on the early/mid game and not really change the current late game meta. For one thing they will make city turrets more effective,  thereby making cities slightly less vulnerable on days 1 and 2

I agree completely. When I first heard of this I immediately though about lvl 7-10 combat and first or seconds day gigs on low-lvl-turret cities. And I am quite sure that they will not replace the firepower of Sparts or Whirlybirds in late game combat. But might be a quick alternative if your need to defend and your army has been all but obliterated.  Or even if your getting attacked by a lone wolf and think you could hold your own. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2017 at 9:41 PM, SnakeEater said:

Here is my suspicion, for the majority of the players in this game the new units will be built for one reason completing a quest reward. 90% of players build predominantly 4 units: Stugs, Strats, Jets/P51s and Gigs. Lately I have seen an increase in M40s being built after facing a certain League (Name Withheld CoC Compliance). I don't see that changing on any Grand scale especially after reading the majority of the post on this thread. The closed minded idiots who think because they are part of the BIG leagues that what they are doing is the only way. Since all they do is mainly ally or neutral each other in the Global map and beat up on the little guys despite the massive amount of trash talking on the forum, I feel any feedback from them is just white noise. That's the fuzzy picture you get on the old school TV sets when you weren't receiving a signal by the way. Saying all that though there is this one certain League (Name Withheld CoC Compliance) who has been having multiple Nerdgasims and are looking foreword to employing the new units into their current MTOE. This of course should greatly enhance their current early and mid game survivablity which is currently vastly underestimated. Just Putting that out there.

Disclaimer: Any and all negative replies will be thoroughly laughed at and there may even be some amount of ridicule for the author's ignorance on our team chat. 

I don't tolerate innuendo, subliminal, or indirect challenges to the GODz reign. I also have very little interest in arguing with a "leader" who criticizes others for embracing strategy which makes his team stronger and gives his members advantages that your own players don't enjoy simply because of your own close-mindedness. Hypocrites like you are a dime a dozen. And I'd rather fight you than sit here talking about it all day. 

Message me in game or here. Let me know a day and a time. Feel free to add any rules you need to, to make yourself feel safer. GODz heavy hitters will join your map and teach you the respect that you need to learn when conversing with your superiors in war games. Put those pretty little win percentages on the line and we will let the fighting settle it for us. 

We will be the ones laughing... at your aircraft carrier armies lmao. Noob. 

-KingZeus of GODz

Edited by KingCB

11 minutes ago, KingCB said:

I don't tolerate innuendo, subliminal, or indirect challenges to the GODz reign. I also have very little interest in arguing with a "leader" who criticizes others for embracing strategy which makes his team stronger and gives his members advantages that your own players don't enjoy simply because of your own close-mindedness. Hypocrites like you are a dime a dozen. And I'd rather fight you than sit here talking about it all day. 

Message me in game or here. Let me know a day and a time. Feel free to add any rules you need to, to make yourself feel safer. GODz heavy hitters will join your map and teach you the respect that you need to learn when conversing with your superiors in war games. Put those pretty little win percentages on the line and we will let the fighting settle it for us. 

We will be the ones laughing... at your aircraft carrier armies lmao. Noob. 

-KingZeus of GODz

There are no call outs with WeFew. We dont chase people and we dont run from them, we have a schedule that fits our work schedules and we play to it. Besides, you guys have your own direct challenges to deal with, apparently there is a waiting list. The list of leagues his comments applies to is long. If you want to infer that its you, feel free. It may come as a surprise but the game isnt all about you. 

• Upvote 2

I always have a chuckle when egotistical trash talking gets into the forum in any serious way.   Never understood why that seems to happen in every kind of game, much more than one would think.   My perception is that the vast majority of players here are pretty decent and mature folks, constituting at least 90% of players.   But somehow it always feels like half the dialogues have emotional displays of chest thumping or name calling.   Kind of like when we were in grade school a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

I much prefer talking with folks that are serious students of the game, researching tactics and techniques, having fun playing against good opponents.  WW requires a great deal of time and effort to develop an advanced skill level.  Why not respect others who are kindred spirits and enjoy the game too!

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2017 at 7:23 AM, Boredomfalls said:

You must be a liberal, Even showing you facts can't change your closed minded opinion. So because in your opinion it can't be possible then absolutely no amount of so called FACTS can change that.

• Peter unfeatured this topic
  • Hitgirl unpinned this topic