World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

August 23rd Update preview

Guest Manson1975

28 minutes ago, Polack said:

@ImmelIdn what game your playing man but in European map if your building a navel (besides last ditch effort to defend ss islands to survive map... I've seen that done but still failed) your lets just say you need a new strategy... Cities & rzs r what gets you points and there's what 20-30 of 260 at best none ss cities you can hit in European map with battle ships so yes I'll 110% say tell my face is blue there useless on that map!

On isles map yes they do have a limited usefulness and I'm stretching the word limited! About 1/2 cities can get hit by navy only 2/3 of that 50% effectively enough to kill city with ships alone! But you go ahead & use those carriers & navy with your im guessing 100-125k avg score at best! I'll keep chugging along at my 250k 18+ city per bf avg proving people like u wrong all the live long day!

Well I know this guy and you're oh so wrong. Hilariously wrong. ??

Fortunately, That doesn't matter. If you dont like them, dont use them. Its really that simple.

@Polack the game I play is World Warfare and if you cant understand that there can be many ways to plan and fight in order to achieve victory in World Warfar I cant help you.

Futheremore its not my job to teach you creativity, imagination, adaptation, improvisation; as I said before if carriers are useless to you thats too bad, keep doing bomber spam or what ever kids are doing these days. Please respect the fact that carriers can be and are useful to others.

I fail to see why you want to turn this into a flamewar/pissing contest. I simply told you my opinion and frankly dont give a damn if you agree or not; simpmy dont use them.

Does my average score render my opinion more correct or less correct depending on how high it is? If thats the only criteria you have to go by I honestly pity you.

But if it helps you sleep at night my in game callsign is Corax the league is WeFew.

Can we expect a new air or ground unit to counter the new aa guns like a bomber that boost the air defenses of air units but doesn't attack like the bombers that had metal sheets to distract radar, or a v2 rocket to hit aa gun in placements so an air attack is possible . even camouflage so that ground armies can be dropped close in enemy territory and remain undetected till they attack to get past enemy airtillery and aa guns placed to prevent an attack .because I'm sure that if a city has about 30 of those aa guns a transport can't even get close without a heal or three and having an extra 20 artillery place around the area it will have to take a lot of units to take the city cause 1200 damage to planes with 30 of them give you 36000 DPM which can kill any aircraft when the damage is calculated even if they have 1000 defense .which is kinda op plus the 9000 dpm against vehicles and 25500 dpm against tanks so a counter is somewhat needed for this.

Edited by Graywing

7 minutes ago, Graywing said:

Can we expect a new air or ground unit to counter the new aa guns like a bomber that boost the air defenses of air units but doesn't attack like the bombers that had metal sheets to distract radar, or a v2 rocket to hit aa gun in placements so an air attack is possible . even camouflage so that ground armies can be dropped close in enemy territory and remain undetected till they attack to get past enemy airtillery and aa guns placed to prevent an attack .because I'm sure that if a city has about 30 of those aa guns a transport can't even get close without a heal or three and having an extra 20 artillery place around the area it will have to take a lot of units to take the city cause 1200 damage to planes with 30 of them give you 36000 DPM which can kill any aircraft when the damage is calculated even if they have 1000 defense .which is kinda op plus the 9000 dpm against vehicles and 25500 dpm against tanks so a counter is somewhat needed for this.

They do look strong, but its too soon to say they're op.  We still dont know several things abouth them, namely range and if they are aoe. Hopefully they are NOT aoe. 

23 hours ago, Immel said:

@Polack the game I play is World Warfare and if you cant understand that there can be many ways to plan and fight in order to achieve victory in World Warfar I cant help you.

Futheremore its not my job to teach you creativity, imagination, adaptation, improvisation; as I said before if carriers are useless to you thats too bad, keep doing bomber spam or what ever kids are doing these days. Please respect the fact that carriers can be and are useful to others.

I fail to see why you want to turn this into a flamewar/pissing contest. I simply told you my opinion and frankly dont give a damn if you agree or not; simpmy dont use them.

Does my average score render my opinion more correct or less correct depending on how high it is? If thats the only criteria you have to go by I honestly pity you.

But if it helps you sleep at night my in game callsign is Corax the league is WeFew.

@ImmelWas at work why couldn't answer sooner but if I'm wrong about your avg score that's fine it happens!!! 

I'm simpler trying to tell you that Flots r all but useless in European map... period... which is very very true & a lot of people will agree with!!!

With 80% of map not giving them access being land locked, the water canals in center not all being connected, the physical build time to get lvl 13 munitions to get the, the travel time to get to any useful spot, using up valuable troop space and the ease of com centers flying in resources isn't enough to change your mind then as you said it is what it is... you go on and keep using them cuz they sound so effective..

i didn't mean to start a fight but yes good players opinions matter more then garbage ones.... as I said in my post idn you & I was guessing your avg score & kill ratio... Zeus said he knows you and your a good player so I'll take his work just am passionate about my opinions...

sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Range: 180

no AOE

Munition lvl 5

LC lvl 1

no current officers directly boost their stats

currently only tech that says "all units" affects them

Why no AOE?

Make them kinda ineffective later in the game when you got 10-16 AAs versus 30-40 strats/bombers they won't stand a chance without splash 

25 minutes ago, Polack said:

@ImmelWas at work why couldn't answer sooner but if I'm wrong about your avg score that's fine it happens!!! 

I'm simpler trying to tell you that Flots r all but useless in European map... period... which is very very true & a lot of people will agree with!!!

With 80% of map not giving them access being land locked, the water canals in center not all being connected, the physical build time to get lvl 13 munitions to get the, the travel time to get to any useful spot, using up valuable troop space and the ease of com centers flying in resources isn't enough to change your mind then as you said it is what it is... you go on and keep using them cuz they sound so effective..

i didn't mean to start a fight but yes good players opinions matter more then garbage ones.... as I said in my post idn you & I was guessing your avg score & kill ratio... Zeus said he knows you and your a good player so I'll take his work just am passionate about my opinions...

sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way 

Why no AOE?

Make them kinda ineffective later in the game when you got 10-16 AAs versus 30-40 strats/bombers they won't stand a chance without splash 

Like I said earlier aoe will give them 35000 DPM to all units  if you have 30 of them which no air craft can survive so it will make aircraft useless since even if there defense is 1000 ,which it is not , they would still instantly die if when damage is calculated .

Edited by Graywing

In my understanding the new units specially the folding chair version of the flack 88 is meant to be used early game to counter stug and bomber spam. Reason being AT guns cannot target vehicles and newer players dont have time to get their city to 9 or LC to 4 before getting bombed to the stone age by veterans.

AoE for these new units would be OP as they are much more survivable with increased HP and armour compard to howitzers and bofors as well as the attack value vs air is higher. Lastly AoE would have rendered bofors and howitzer obsolete as no one would bother producing them. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Immel said:

In my understanding the new units specially the folding chair version of the flack 88 is meant to be used early game to counter stug and bomber spam. Reason being AT guns cannot target vehicles and newer players dont have time to get their city to 9 or LC to 4 before getting bombed to the stone age by veterans.

AoE for these new units would be OP as they are much more survivable with increased HP and armour compard to howitzers and bofors as well as the attack value vs air is higher. Lastly AoE would have rendered bofors and howitzer obsolete as no one would bother producing them. 

On second thought you're right that does make sense but you got a thing one in five planes or 20% of planes built during World War II crashed! They should make Turrets keep attacking the same troop until it gets out of range... not change over to new target when it's overhead

1 hour ago, MkV said:

I suspect these will have more effect on the early/mid game and not really change the current late game meta. For one thing they will make city turrets more effective,  thereby making cities slightly less vulnerable on days 1 and 2

Yup... they so need to allow allies to load at airfields tho!!! Much needed change!

Here is my suspicion, for the majority of the players in this game the new units will be built for one reason completing a quest reward. 90% of players build predominantly 4 units: Stugs, Strats, Jets/P51s and Gigs. Lately I have seen an increase in M40s being built after facing a certain League (Name Withheld CoC Compliance). I don't see that changing on any Grand scale especially after reading the majority of the post on this thread. The closed minded idiots who think because they are part of the BIG leagues that what they are doing is the only way. Since all they do is mainly ally or neutral each other in the Global map and beat up on the little guys despite the massive amount of trash talking on the forum, I feel any feedback from them is just white noise. That's the fuzzy picture you get on the old school TV sets when you weren't receiving a signal by the way. Saying all that though there is this one certain League (Name Withheld CoC Compliance) who has been having multiple Nerdgasims and are looking foreword to employing the new units into their current MTOE. This of course should greatly enhance their current early and mid game survivablity which is currently vastly underestimated. Just Putting that out there.

Disclaimer: Any and all negative replies will be thoroughly laughed at and there may even be some amount of ridicule for the author's ignorance on our team chat. 

Edited by SnakeEater
  • Upvote 2

• Peter unfeatured this topic
  • Hitgirl unpinned this topic