Jump to content
World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest Manson1975

August 23rd Update preview

Recommended Posts

Guest Manson1975

Greetings Commanders!

A new update will be available on August 23rd, we have some exciting new features to share with you, let's take a look together!

 

Phase 1:

Aircraft Carrier Attacks

Aircraft carriers can now attack other units! Your carriers will no longer be defenseless. Command the high seas and declare victory today! 

239280.gif.c986b4f6de19af026159f6060aa6016a.gif

Here are the stats:

Essex.thumb.jpg.4da0e3cf2075e961c6280a26487f3396.jpgYorktown.thumb.jpg.3a082e8b7bea376373a7b5ee86cf685e.jpg

 

Phase 2:

City Morale Feature

Commanders,

In times of war, maintaining positive morale is a crucial concern. Central command has founded a "home away from home" for the troops: the USO Show! accessed from the HQ building, it gives all troops in the Administrative area a boost to their morale. It takes 1500 fortune to activate this feature. Use it to rally your troops before a battle or to help them unwind, the choice is yours. Coming in our next update!

"Morale is the greatest single factor in successful wars." Dwight D. Eisenhower

image.png.5fa1c4cfed72990c6dce434bc3fba39f.png

59966ec851ae5_8058CE8B-4026-4D22-89F3-395C33D284E7.thumb.png.0bdfa0b76c27f097bbe65c3620abd40a.png

 

Phase 3:

New Units: Flak 36/Flak 41

Commanders,

Our factories are preparing to produce a new line of weapons: The anti-air, anti-tank Flak 36 and Flak 41 guns! these versatile weapons can provide the kind of tactical freedom that is useful in both an offensive and defensive capability. Production will go online with our next update. Adjust your tactics and see you on the battlefield!

59985fd2e2313_661006(1).gif.270c0f705434c34b41a0ce1f26823b37.gif661006.gif.8375dd59c99976a45649c6a42bcda3d5.gif

Flak 36 (Personal)

59985febb5d82_03.thumb.jpg.197a2d0c8375ec243ab74b93e74ca579.jpg

Flak 41 (League)

59986011056bb_04.thumb.jpg.e46fcb13f2acc59ae7e4413a8af0b3d9.jpg

 

Phase 4:

New Map: The Kill Chain

Commanders,
A new map has arrived! “Kill Chain” will focus on your abilities to find, suppress, and flank your enemies with precision fire and tactics. Gather your allies and we will see you on the new Battlefield!

599aba078e4a7_B60A072E-28A8-4704-98D9-BB5A8E9B8ABF.thumb.jpg.21b5fef2322095f3a87f615f3a2193d0.jpg

 

Get ready for the new update!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can already picture the armies of carriers with bombers and fighters I'll be expecting to see in isles next week lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think y'all have the stats a little messed up. I think aircraft carriers should hit planes and do extremely little damage to ships. Now that's just me, some players may like the new aircraft carrier stats 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter because all the naval ships in this game are way stronger then anything else the only thing that can beat navy is more navy should have shore  batteries to protect your city...  that's why whenever my league plays island battlefields I take those battlefield off 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta agree with most people's comments it kinda stupid & unrealistic to have them be able to attack!!!

AAs capability I'm 110% behind them having because they do have that in real life but I've never in my life heard of an aircraft carrier with cannons on it to attack ships or buildings!!!

 

should be switched in my opinion!

Edited by Polack
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Polack said:

Gotta agree with most people's comments it kinda stupid & unrealistic to have them be able to attack!!!

AAs capability I'm 110% behind them having because they do have that in real life but I've never in my life heard of an aircraft carrier with cannons on it to attack ships or buildings!!!

 

should be switched in my opinion!

The current Russian carrier cruiser the Admiral Kuznetsov has missles and aircraft. However that is about 60 years past World War II.  So the carriers should only have air defense.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep,  never known a ww2 era aircraft carrier that pulled up to an island somewhere and shelled it with its deck cannons.....  however, they have shot down plenty of aircraft. AA would have been a much better choice. And more realistic. But I've never seen a spruce goose type aircraft air-drop 14 m40 self propelled artillery, whirlybird anti-aircraft guns, and a few tiger tanks out the back either.... as long as we're on the topic of realism.  Just saying the game could use a strong dose of realism injected into the strategic dynamics.  I hope the next few phases of this update will include more units.  We've all been waiting for over a year since the last new units were added to the game.  Give us our "Stuka" air-to-air, air-to-ground fighter airplanes, some submarines, half-track troop/ supply transports,  anti tank infantry, and a few others that we players have suggested.  

But hey thanks for giving us aircraft carriers (that if your real lucky you can produce with 2~3 days left in a map) that can shell cities. that's a big help!.......sarcastic tone implied.......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All Russian (Soviet) aircraft carriers had guns, but they did not have much firepower. Unlike America and Europe. So the reality in this is. The new Russian aircraft carrier to be built, will also have firepower and anti-aircraft defense

Edited by InHaLe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are talking about WWII era aircraft carriers right? If so just to be clear they were mobile  floating runways thats it.

They were not weapons platforms on which big guns could be mounted to trade shot for shot with orher ships. They were not designed for that, they sure as hell not used for that nor did they need to.

Their main weapons were the aircraft they carried, dive bombers, torpedo bombers, fighters and interceptors for air supremacy. By themselves they were enough to deter attacks on the carrier and dish our a world of hurt on enemy targets.

Their secondary weapons were a couple of battleships, cruisers and destroyers. They made sure no ship could get close enough to fire on the carrier.

The last line of defence were 50 cal machine guns, quads and some had 5" guns all to be used against the main threat a carrier would face namely enemy AIRCRAFT!!

Should any enemy bombers get through the layered defence i described above then the guns of the aircraft carrier would be used to put a flak cloud to deter the enemy planes from getting within range of launching their ordinance on the carrier.

Having said that I fail to see the need nor the logic of this update. Had you elected to give the carrier anti air ability I can understand but giving it antiship ability is just at best unrealistic at worst it breaks the delicate game balance of naval units.

I petition you to think it over and not make this update

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was not what the majority spoke of doing when you asked us what we would like. I'm with razor. Stuka subs half tracks dive bombers. Give us something. Camouflage options for units. Make this game just a little more difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hitgirl said:

I just hope we all get new maps with this update. 

There are more reveals to come!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummm the only thing I see the uso show viable for is for transports which do not have the ability to attack thus are unable to ever raise morale... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sykes said:

The current Russian carrier cruiser the Admiral Kuznetsov has missles and aircraft. However that is about 60 years past World War II.  So the carriers should only have air defense.

But this isn't a current war we are playing. Think WWII

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Practically all ships had anti-air by certain stages of WW2, certainly Battleships did as well. The main consideration is not realism but game balance. Carriers are expensive, the attack stats are meant to give the Carriers the ability to modestly defend themselves. We'd love some feedback once you guys give them a test drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Practically all ships had anti-air by certain stages of WW2, certainly Battleships did as well. The main consideration is not realism but game balance. Carriers are expensive, the attack stats are meant to give the Carriers the ability to modestly defend themselves. We'd love some feedback once you guys give them a test drive.

Unless the numbers change, it looks as if both carriers will start out with more ship attack than destroyers. That maybe a bit much, but ill withhold judgement untill i see them. The main thing it will do is make carriers much more survivable because now persuade captive will work on them whereas it didnt before. Either way, it isn't a game changer by any stretch. Carriers will still be used as carriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bolt said:

Practically all ships had anti-air by certain stages of WW2, certainly Battleships did as well. The main consideration is not realism but game balance. Carriers are expensive, the attack stats are meant to give the Carriers the ability to modestly defend themselves. We'd love some feedback once you guys give them a test drive.

Who even uses carriers on a regular basis... there all but useless?

Isles maybe on a suppppper small scale but personally unless we pre set a big navel battle (at the end of the map) on I've never once used them at all!!! & when I do for these battles there just decoys to make them think where r the plans and how many do they got!!!

Dont see the point in waistline time update a unit used maybe 1% of the time in the game on one map and ignoring most of our worth while ideas? Just don't feel our feedback is getting heard when the new update have this garbage in it!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ Polack: Who uses carriers well that is a loaded question, lets just say people that see their value and are able to make them part of their gameplan to facilitate the achievement of their objectives. If that is not you that's too bad, however it does not make carriers useless, for the rest of us, carriers are FAR from useless even in the regular Europe map.

@Bolt: I believe realism and game balance go hand in hand you cannot simply discard one without damaging the other. I don't know if you read my earlier post (few posts up) but the point I am trying to get across is that carriers are there to fill a very specific role and duking it out with other ships is not nor should be their role. Enemy ships should not be able to get anywhere near a carrier and if they do it means that all the screening ships battleships, cruisers, destroyers have already been sunk and that all the bombers and fighter planes have been shot down, thus 5" guns will not save the day.

The main threat of a carrier has always been enemy bombers as they are much faster more maneuverable then enemy ships and can bypass screening ships by flying high over them and diving on the carrier hence the term dive bombers. So if you want to give carriers a modicum of anti air ability I am all for it, but giving them anti ship ability is ludicrous and breaks game balance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Immel said:

@ Polack: Who uses carriers well that is a loaded question, lets just say people that see their value and are able to make them part of their gameplan to facilitate the achievement of their objectives. If that is not you that's too bad, however it does not make carriers useless, for the rest of us, carriers are FAR from useless even in the regular Europe map.

@Bolt: I believe realism and game balance go hand in hand you cannot simply discard one without damaging the other. I don't know if you read my earlier post (few posts up) but the point I am trying to get across is that carriers are there to fill a very specific role and duking it out with other ships is not nor should be their role. Enemy ships should not be able to get anywhere near a carrier and if they do it means that all the screening ships battleships, cruisers, destroyers have already been sunk and that all the bombers and fighter planes have been shot down, thus 5" guns will not save the day.

The main threat of a carrier has always been enemy bombers as they are much faster more maneuverable then enemy ships and can bypass screening ships by flying high over them and diving on the carrier hence the term dive bombers. So if you want to give carriers a modicum of anti air ability I am all for it, but giving them anti ship ability is ludicrous and breaks game balance.

 

 

@ImmelIdn what game your playing man but in European map if your building a navel (besides last ditch effort to defend ss islands to survive map... I've seen that done but still failed) your lets just say you need a new strategy... Cities & rzs r what gets you points and there's what 20-30 of 260 at best none ss cities you can hit in European map with battle ships so yes I'll 110% say tell my face is blue there useless on that map!

On isles map yes they do have a limited usefulness and I'm stretching the word limited! About 1/2 cities can get hit by navy only 2/3 of that 50% effectively enough to kill city with ships alone! But you go ahead & use those carriers & navy with your im guessing 100-125k avg score at best! I'll keep chugging along at my 250k 18+ city per bf avg proving people like u wrong all the live long day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Polack said:

 

@ImmelIdn what game your playing man but in European map if your building a navel (besides last ditch effort to defend ss islands to survive map... I've seen that done but still failed) your lets just say you need a new strategy... Cities & rzs r what gets you points and there's what 20-30 of 260 at best none ss cities you can hit in European map with battle ships so yes I'll 110% say tell my face is blue there useless on that map!

On isles map yes they do have a limited usefulness and I'm stretching the word limited! About 1/2 cities can get hit by navy only 2/3 of that 50% effectively enough to kill city with ships alone! But you go ahead & use those carriers & navy with your im guessing 100-125k avg score at best! I'll keep chugging along at my 250k 18+ city per bf avg proving people like u wrong all the live long day!

Well I know this guy and you're oh so wrong. Hilariously wrong. ??

Fortunately, That doesn't matter. If you dont like them, dont use them. Its really that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Polack the game I play is World Warfare and if you cant understand that there can be many ways to plan and fight in order to achieve victory in World Warfar I cant help you.

Futheremore its not my job to teach you creativity, imagination, adaptation, improvisation; as I said before if carriers are useless to you thats too bad, keep doing bomber spam or what ever kids are doing these days. Please respect the fact that carriers can be and are useful to others.

I fail to see why you want to turn this into a flamewar/pissing contest. I simply told you my opinion and frankly dont give a damn if you agree or not; simpmy dont use them.

Does my average score render my opinion more correct or less correct depending on how high it is? If thats the only criteria you have to go by I honestly pity you.

But if it helps you sleep at night my in game callsign is Corax the league is WeFew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...