World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jane

Poll: Unlimited Respawn in Tourney

How to stop the "repeat demolish & respawn strategy"?   

27 members have voted

1. 1. How to stop the "repeat demolish & respawn strategy"?

• Can only respawn once or no respawn at all.
    • When you respawn you get no Shield or only a 1H shield.
    • Add CD for each respawn. 9 hours for example.
    • I have better idea! (please tell us your advice in comment!)

Commanders,

In the tournament,  a player can repeat demolishing his city and then respawn with an 8-hour shield again and again. This way he is able to keep his and league mates' troops safe. This can't impact the final result but is annoying enough and makes tourney less fun. 

We have been considering how to adjust this mechanism to stop this "strategy" in tournament. Any ideas? 

Ironman. No respawn. If your leaguemates or allies open you a city, fine, but no respawn. 

No option for disabling shields in tournament altogether? That, imo, would be even better. This aint World Shieldfare.

• Upvote 3

Agree with MKV!

My thinking on this game is that most of us think of WW as having two macro parts to it.   There is the core game (building and developing cities and territories, attacking and capping cities, PvP combat, etc.) and a non-core game (respawns, shields, gemming, alt accounts, hacking, glitches, etc).  Some issues can straddle the line between these like buying tactics, upgrading troop technology and the new tech tree.

Think of it in chess terms.   Bobby Fischer was almost unbeatable at the game board, but used psychological tools when he played too.  He also argued that the Russians were using all kinds of outside tactics.  So both sides use non-core techniques!

When playing WW, any and all play is fair game in war, so my hat is off to anyone that uses any tactic, strategy, tools or tricks available to them (especially, if they have discovered/invented a new technique themselves).   On the other hand, most players feel like they are here to compete on the core game and are happy to win or lose on that basis.  Any non-core game components that are used against them, somehow feels like a cheat and diminishes game play enjoyment.

To my mind, the developers should strive to maintain and improve the integrity of the core game while minimizing non-core components.   For the most part, this has the developers and players as partners with the same agenda.  

However, developers need a revenue stream too, but must incorporate the revenue elements such that core game supporters continue to enjoy their experience.

• Upvote 3

I think that there should be no respawning whatsoever. And honestly, in my opinion players shouldn't be able to come back into the field if they've lost all territory (not all cities, every village, MZ, etc). But because people would say, "well if we lose a teammate for the whole game how are we supposed to compete"? That's the point, tournament is competitive. So whether it sounds like a good idea or not, if a player loses every troop and territory in tourney they are not allowed to respawn or even drop down a paratrooper, they are done, they are out like dodgeball,  that's real war. 

• Upvote 1

No respawns both tourney and normal bf. The respawn is mostly only used as the whak-a-mole annoyance technique. If league or allies give you a city ok but I'd rather see respawn out of the game altogether. It is better to start a new bf than respawn somewhere late in a map with no troops. And an 8 hour shield to boot. There's no real reason for it.

Have a mole popping up here or there now on this bf. Just an annoying cause for trash talking and frustration.  Takes all the skill and good sportsmanship out of the game. Seems to be a common theme...

• Upvote 1

I think that there should be no respawning whatsoever. And honestly, in my opinion players shouldn't be able to come back into the field if they've lost all territory (not all cities, every village, MZ, etc). But because people would say, "well if we lose a teammate for the whole game how are we supposed to compete"? That's the point, tournament is competitive. So whether it sounds like a good idea or not, if a player loses every troop and territory in tourney they are not allowed to respawn or even drop down a paratrooper, they are done, they are out like dodgeball,  that's real war. 

Disagree on the no recapture of cities if eliminated. No respawn, but if your league or allies open you up a city, you should be able to reenter the fight. If left alone long enough ive seen people recap for themselves with paras. Never in a tournament though, but in the normal map.

• Upvote 1

I can accept players respawn in the normal field, maybe eliminate the city protection for respawned cities, there should be some type of penalty other then starting with a level 1 city.

The tournament is a different animal, the object is to eliminate your competition. When your cities are all gone it's over for you!

I have played in a field where my last city was capped, then the player abandoned the city, when it was over I got my city back in the respawn with all my zones around it still mine!

• Upvote 2

I can accept players respawn in the normal field, maybe eliminate the city protection for respawned cities, there should be some type of penalty other then starting with a level 1 city.

The tournament is a different animal, the object is to eliminate your competition. When your cities are all gone it's over for you!

I have played in a field where my last city was capped, then the player abandoned the city, when it was over I got my city back in the respawn with all my zones around it still mine!

I have personally been in fights over my last city where it changed hands two or three times. To all of a sudden not be able to cap because its was my last city is horseradish. In fact, i have recently had to retake my capital, which was my only city that had been capped while I was asleep and converted to an lc, then abandoned. No way that i should have been resrticted on that due to not having another city.

• Upvote 1

This glitch is horse poopie! If someone gets whipped in first 6 hours they shouldn't be able to respawn on the other side of map and have 8-12 hours to prepare to get killed again!

They should eliminate respawn from  tournament all together and limit paras to only 1 once all your cities r gone! 

Hell I think they should go as far as to add the effect where if an AA is in the area a para can't be landed there! Makes no sense that a paratrooper can land right on Top of a AA!

• Upvote 1

Hello! You just decide right now to solve this problem? I raised this problem last year in the fall. But I was ignored by developers and players, as I understood it was beneficial to the players. I already then expressed an opinion to ban the revival in tournaments. Players can regain the city with the help of their team and allies, just dropping the landing. I most of all wonder why the developers ignore the players. And only when the top leagues cry, this question raises on the forum? Six months ago I talked about this and you did not care. Remove the revival of cities in tournaments and the issue is resolved!

• Upvote 1

Disagree on the no recapture of cities if eliminated. No respawn, but if your league or allies open you up a city, you should be able to reenter the fight. If left alone long enough ive seen people recap for themselves with paras. Never in a tournament though, but in the normal map.

Normal map yes sure why not, it's just normal. But I'm glad you agree with not being able to come back into the game in tourneys after being defeated. It's the same thing, you'll be killed shortly after if the opponents are good enough anyways

Normal map yes sure why not, it's just normal. But I'm glad you agree with not being able to come back into the game in tourneys after being defeated. It's the same thing, you'll be killed shortly after if the opponents are good enough anyways

When you say "come back" are you referring to respawn? In which case i agree. If you're referring to the ability to cap a city, i disagree.