World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

City protection

Sykes

While I can agree with the concept of city protection I believe it has several issues! Now that city protection is given out in the daily rewards some of the benefits of protection need to be changed!

City protection should only be permitted to be used by the player activating the protection!, league members can not enter the army base or air base. League members troops that are in the army base or air base should be ejected from the bases. City turrets should not attack enemy troops! The city owners troops that are in the city bases should be stuck in the city until the protection expires! Protection remains in effect until the timer runs out! 

Its city protection, not league protection!  One member of a league should not be able to cap a city, then have other league members park their  troops in the protected city!

• Upvote 1

While I can agree with the concept of city protection I believe it has several issues! Now that city protection is given out in the daily rewards some of the benefits of protection need to be changed!

City protection should only be permitted to be used by the player activating the protection!, league members can not enter the army base or air base. League members troops that are in the army base or air base should be ejected from the bases. City turrets should not attack enemy troops! The city owners troops that are in the city bases should be stuck in the city until the protection expires! Protection remains in effect until the timer runs out! 

Its city protection, not league protection!  One member of a league should not be able to cap a city, then have other league members park their  troops in the protected city!

Why not?

I'm not disagreeing with you, im just wondering at the reasoning. Wefew doesnt bubble so i really cant argue the pro's. It seems that it would be a good thing to have the bad guys hiding and not fighting. 

I can't imagine the developers intended city protection to be used as I have seen recently in several fields. Protection of a city should only benefit the city owner, not all the league members.  Currently there is no downside to using protection other then the cost which is free if you use the daily reward.  The protection is instant unless the city is under attack, Your turrets still attack, your troops in the bases are protected, enemies do not know the duration of the protection, you can repair your troops, build new troops and collect resources, and then cancel protection when ever you want. Almost all the other games I have played have some downside to protection, you need to wait for the timer to expire before attacking, you do not collect resources, there is a timer before protection takes effect, and the protection only covers owning players.  Currently a player can receive a notification that an enemy troop is in his territory, log into the game and bubble up instantly.

I neither agree nor disagree with Sykes, but I think this platform is best to ask the question about when the city takes into the account that it is being attacked, and therefore cannot put itself under protection? 

The reason I bring this up is that I was in a league bf and attacking another player with a couple of my league mates. We had already dropped our troops and done significant damage to his turrets when he suddenly bubbled up. We had to retreat and were obviously pissed, losing troops to a city we had already started attacking! 

Along with my question, I have a suggestion: There should DEFINITELY be a limit to how many cities one can put protection on. Using my previous example, the person who bubbled up their city after we attacked, went and put protection on 7 more subsequent cities basically leaving him untouchable until the protection wore off. 

I neither agree nor disagree with Sykes, but I think this platform is best to ask the question about when the city takes into the account that it is being attacked, and therefore cannot put itself under protection? 

The reason I bring this up is that I was in a league bf and attacking another player with a couple of my league mates. We had already dropped our troops and done significant damage to his turrets when he suddenly bubbled up. We had to retreat and were obviously pissed, losing troops to a city we had already started attacking! 

Along with my question, I have a suggestion: There should DEFINITELY be a limit to how many cities one can put protection on. Using my previous example, the person who bubbled up their city after we attacked, went and put protection on 7 more subsequent cities basically leaving him untouchable until the protection wore off. 

When was this? Supposedly that was fixed. Once a city takes damage it shouldn't be able to be bubbled until a certain amount of time has passed with it not taking damage. That time used to be one minute, but i think was changed to 5 minutes