• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Bolt

What does Defense do? (Explained)

Commanders,

What is Defense? what does it do?

Defense lowers the damage your units take from any source. The more Defense your unit has, the less damage it will take when attacked. But how much? Read on to find out!

Defense works as follows:

(Def/1000+Def )= Damage Mitigation

For example, if you have a Unit with Defense 200, then:

(200/1,200)=0.1666

This translates into 16.66% damage mitigation. What is damage mitigation? how much less damage you take when attacked. In this example, when your Unit with 200 Defense is attacked, for every 100 points of damage, it ignores 16.66 of it, taking only

100-16.66=83.34.

Not a big difference, right? Let's see what happens when you crank up the Defense Stat:

500 Defense (500/1500)=33.33%

600 Defense (600/1600)=37.5%

700 Defense = 41.17%

1000 Defense = 50%

1500 Defense = 60%

2100 Defense = 67.74%

And so on. At 2,100 Defense, instead of taking 100 points of damage, you take 32.26!

Defense is a very important stat to consider when evaluating a Units survivability. Units with both high HP and Defense are incredibly durable. I hope this Intel helps inform your Battlefield decisions Commander!

• Upvote 6

Thank you been trying to figure this out for over 6 months now, i was looking at attack vs defence ratio and could not make it work.

Hi, thanks for the explanation. I wondered if there was a difference between a light tank and a heavy tank with equal defense and life ?. What are these letters, defensive parameters?

1498567857811.jpg

Hi, thanks for the explanation. I wondered if there was a difference between a light tank and a heavy tank with equal defense and life ?. What are these letters, defensive parameters?

Those are a visual aid to give you an idea of where this unit ranks overall. In your example, they would have the same survivability since currently there aren't any effects that specifically distinguish between light and heavy tanks. 

Thank you so much for the clarification! I have been holding off on specific upgrades because of this reason.