World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Manson1975

Class Tech Introduction

MKV, in my opinion, imbalanced happens when a player decides that his opponent has an unfair advantage which cannot overcome with good game play.   We have seen this in the past, as when you beat someone with skill, just to have them gem their way out of trouble.   This can lead to players voting on the game with their feet, similar to how I no longer play cup matches.  Under this thinking, imbalanced is not a black and white definition, but is decided by the playing community.

I am unclear if the latest changes will lead to "imbalanced".  HOwever, I do believe that they were developed with an income stream more in mind than in furthering the enjoyment of the game.   Either way, they will increase the advantage for the more advanced players and leagues...spreading out the have and have nots in the game.

• Upvote 2

MKV, in my opinion, imbalanced happens when a player decides that his opponent has an unfair advantage which cannot overcome with good game play.   We have seen this in the past, as when you beat someone with skill, just to have them gem their way out of trouble.   This can lead to players voting on the game with their feet, similar to how I no longer play cup matches.  Under this thinking, imbalanced is not a black and white definition, but is decided by the playing community.

I am unclear if the latest changes will lead to "imbalanced".  HOwever, I do believe that they were developed with an income stream more in mind than in furthering the enjoyment of the game.   Either way, they will increase the advantage for the more advanced players and leagues...spreading out the have and have nots in the game.

Good Points

I agree that it's subjective to each individual, and to a certain degree, defined by the community. Unfortunately we already have a lot of that in this game. My current favorite is gemming. I too have seen players gem their way out of trouble. I have also seen, more frequently, people just rage gem and lose anyway. What's disturbing is that even more frequently than the other two examples combined, I have seen players play badly, lose, and explain away the loss to the opponents gemming. Never once considering that perhaps they either made a mistake, or were just out played. That's human nature though so we just have to suck that up. 

I also agree that the latest update had income stream firmly in mind. I don't personally consider that a bad thing though. As a business owner, who has to offer a service, satisfy customers, while at the same time paying bills and making payroll, I have a sympathetic eye to the difficulties of striking that balance. 

I believe the good players are going to use the tools at hand and win, the poor players are going to lose regardless, and the guys in the middle will just keep plodding along as always. 

A few more thoughts:

What I like about the update.

I like the ability to customize your "account" to your style of play. WeFew has been studying and discussing these skill for the last couple of days and it's kind of cool some of the possiblities, especially for team play.

I like that playing an air class one game will feel very differently than playing a tanker class another. Variety is a good thing imo.

What I don't like about the update:

I consider myself a pretty staunch advocate for the game. Not only is it the best mobile game imo, it's one of the best strategy games out there, pc or board game, as well. It's not that I don't have criticism, I just send it to them by pm. Having said all that, when I see how long it's going to take to even max out one of the trees, much less three of them, I just end up shaking my head. These trees will take YEARS to fill out. That's just crazy. A LOT of my enthusiasm for this update waned when I ran a spreadsheet to calculate the amount of time it will take to push a tree to the top tiers.

W.T.F. Over?

MKV, you might enjoy a TED talk from a while back that talked about how to design game rewards and objectives.  They basically talk about the frequency of reward as well as the degree of difficulty.   make stuff too easy or too hard and people lose interest.   In the middle is a form of addiction, where we get on the threadmill and just keep running.

The long time to finish the tech tree paths must have some basis in theory that some folks will spend money to get to the end, if you make it just long enough that the horizon is barely in sight.  longer and they do not try, shorter and there is no purchasing.

• Upvote 2

bel gioco di strategia  un Po da migliorare con la chat mettendo la traduzione in automatico