• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Announcements

• Peter

App Available on Android Now   08/16/2016

Commanders, the Android Official Version has released, please go to Google Play to get it. To those commanders who participated the open beta, you can continue your previous progress in the official version. More info, please check the specific post.
Jane

Consolidate the Names?

Should we consolidate armament name with the unit name?    35 members have voted

1. 1. Should we consolidate armament name with the unit name?

• Make them the same to avoid confusion!
    • Keep it as it is! (If you select this, tell us the reason in comment. :) )

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Commanders,

Now armament name is different from the unit name. Should we consolidate the names so they will be the same? Let us know your thoughts on this!

Armament Names:

a1.thumb.png.cc25cf0d418e49d810a40dea05ed13a4.pnga3.thumb.png.d181636bc0cf1841505fc02f4292984a.png

Unit Names:

u1.thumb.png.d4dc5a022b5834d175c9ceb021bda6c5.pngu2.thumb.png.b89e9edb8d5ee24418988a8a4b6d7539.png

I say they should keep it as is because it is more realistic, soldiers don't say "hey get me that infantry" when they want a rifle and commanders don't say "M1 Garand Rifle occupy that city" no it's "hey get me my M1 Garand Rifle, not my pistol" or "infantry move in and occupy that city" also with vechicles such as panzer tanks they are useless until manned and also the fact that such as with infantry in the heat of battle commanders don't use full names such as "6 enemy Panzer III tanks on the right with 4 Willies Jeeps" no they are more likely to say "enemy vechicles and light armor on the right, get some artilary in position to fire on them"

Yes make them the same please. I do think this will help new players. Also can you all please limit how many times a player can request to be allied/neutral or remove the notification of this action from team chat screens? Please see the screenshot below to understand better what I am talking about. Some players want to ally with us... we do not want to ally with them... so they spam us with allied requests over and over until it fills up our team chat interrupting our communication. We eventually kill them and wipe them off the map. But still it is annoying. Thanks. 

Image Here

IMG_3249.JPG

As you know I am a proponent for national skins. Not only does it add to the already "cool" factor this game already has, I think it would be a good revenue stream for additional in app purchases that have no effect on game balance. 

Having said that, I think you should leave the names the same and here is why:

If you are going to have national skins, you will need unique identifiers on both armaments and units. For example, a Pz III armament would make a German Light Tank, whereas (for example) a M3 Stuart would make a US Light Tank and a T70 would make a Soviet Light Tank. So all three examples have unique armaments and units. My suggestion would be that the differences would only be cosmetic and all the stats would be identical (at least initially) because trying to gameplay balance differences would be quite a task.

On another note, I think new players need a lot of tools and support, but please don't dumb this game down. There are plenty of mindless "click here" games out there. Understanding that factories make munitions, and bases combine munitions and population to create units is fundamental to the game. I'd recommend explaining it rather than naming it away.

13 hours ago, KingCB said:

Yes make them the same please. I do think this will help new players. Also can you all please limit how many times a player can request to be allied/neutral or remove the notification of this action from team chat screens? Please see the screenshot below to understand better what I am talking about. Some players want to ally with us... we do not want to ally with them... so they spam us with allied requests over and over until it fills up our team chat interrupting our communication. We eventually kill them and wipe them off the map. But still it is annoying. Thanks. 

Image Here

Thanks King. We have already suggested designers find ways to solve this. What do you think of adding a CD for each request to the same league, 5 minutes for example? 

Я отвечу коротко, хватит из людей делать омиоб,пусть начинают думать головой ,подготовка амуниции для солдата это одно а подготовка солдата это другое.Так же приведу пример с танком,сборка танка и подготовка экипажа для танка. 

14 minutes ago, LUTIY said:

Я отвечу коротко, хватит из людей делать омиоб, пусть начинают думать головой, подготовка амуниции для солдата это одно а подготовка солдата это другое.Так же приведу пример с танком, сборка танка и подготовка экипажа для танка это разные вещи . 

13 hours ago, Jane said:

Thanks King. We have already suggested designers find ways to solve this. What do you think of adding a CD for each request to the same league, 5 minutes for example? 

I think part of the issue is newer guys not understanding it's a request, not an instant alli/neutral. So they think it didn't work and request over and over. Spamming your chat. 

There should be a limit of 1 request between leagues. There's no reason to request more than once unless the status has changed, say we're neutral and now hostile. They can request again. It won't be accepted the second time by me but there could be situations. But never for 20 unanswered requests from the same league. 

I think part of the issue is newer guys not understanding it's a request, not an instant alli/neutral. So they think it didn't work and request over and over. Spamming your chat. 

There should be a limit of 1 request between leagues. There's no reason to request more than once unless the status has changed, say we're neutral and now hostile. They can request again. It won't be accepted the second time by me but there could be situations. But never for 20 unanswered requests from the same league. 

I like this idea.  Just as in friend request it shows or should show you have already requested