World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The use of Diamonds and Amethyst in World Warfare (Gemming)

SnakeEater

Every business must make profits or it will fail. The same applies to business that develop and host online games. When a business offers their product for free such as this game it must find a way to bring in income. The huge majority of businesses that do this give extreme advantages to the people who spend money. These games are called pay to win games. The developers of World Warfare IMO have developed a system that allows for a person to spend money for an advantage, but this advantage isn't so overwhelming where a person who doesn't spend as much or no money can't overcome. This is what great business do that want everyone to enjoy their product not just the big spenders. That being said let me get to the subject at hand.

World Warfare has multiple ways it generates income, has monthly offers, generals who give a slight benefit to certain troops, package deals and so on. None of these things guarantee a win in this game.

The use of diamonds and amethysts in game is commonly referred to as Gemming. Understand Gemming is part of this game no matter how much complaining you do it will not go away, because if it goes away so does this game. I used to be on the "I hate Gemming" team I have since then learned how to counter Stupid Gemming (Defined below). I am not saying that Stupid Gemming doesn't annoy me because it does.

Gemming can be placed into two different categories, Smart Gemming and Stupid Gemming. We will cover Stupid Gemming first and save the best for last. Stupid Gemming is what I refer to as Gemming just to annoy an opposing player or Gemming with no tactical or strategic objective. Gemming the pacify of your city that is being attacked by another player and you do not have your or your league mates troops in-route to counter attack just to annoy him or to fill your need to poke him in the eye, is in my opinion the pure definition of Stupid Gemming. I maybe wrong but in my point of view, there is only one instance where Gemming for defensive purposes is considered Smart Gemming. I will try to list the other things I consider Stupid Gemming. Shields (bubbles) over a city just because you are being attacked is stupid (Bubbling your city is the pure definition of weakness). Gemming turrets while being attacked is stupid (turrets do not defend cities, troops do). Gemming the demolish of buildings in your city to deny them to the enemy is stupid, there are a few instances where this isn't the case but again ask yourself what is the tactical or strategic value. Gemming a bunch of armaments from the Commerce Center is Stupid (if you don't have the resources to sustain your offensive and protect yourself, no amount of gems will save you from Leagues with a good strategy).

Now I will cover some Smart Gemming, not all of them of course, not giving away all of my secrets. Gemming turrets to level five in my starting city doesn't cost very much in resources but helps protect my city early games when turrets matter (Late game turrets only protect your city from people without an understanding of this game). Gemming the pacify when you capture a city or key resources is smart because people will try to snipe them (It is annoying and a waste of gems, but can't be helped because people do it all the time). The only defensive Gemming I consider smart is this, if you ever see me gem the pacify of My city that you are attacking that is because I have troops coming to counter attack you. If I or anyone from my league can't reach the city in a realistic amount of time then I don't waste the gems. 

To sum up this post, Gemming pays the bills and keeps the game going. Smart Gemming is the use of gems that enhance you tactical or strategic objectives, not just because you are mad that someone attacked you and you want to annoy them. Again I will say this, you have to understand that Gemming is a necessary part of this game to keep the game online. Proper use of gems will promote income for the developers and also enhance the enjoyment of this game. Everyone Gems, if you lose a battle it isn't because someone is using more gems than you are. It's because they have incorporated Smart Gemming into their overall League Strategy. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Upvote 4

Well put snake!  I agree with what you've said about smart gemming. That is the part most don't utilize. Gems are a valuable resource, whether bought or earned. Use it wisely to maximize your own chances on the bf. And know how to surrender like a gentleman when you've been bested.  Don't waste your gems to "poke him in the eye". Those gems could save you on the next bf. 

Bravo Sir ?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, sceagles515 said:

What if a league say concidius does this over 10 times to one city is it ok then? I believe there has to be honor in this game. Im at the edge of leaving because of it

Did you eventually take the city, or did reinforcements show up?

• 2 weeks later...

This Is My Honest Opinion About Gemming, I Do Actually Respect That Gemming Pays This Bills Of This Game But Nothing Isn't Really Done With That Money. Anyways Besides That I've Experiences Many Gemmers In This Cup Tournament Thing And I Find It Annoyinf That A Person Has Already An Army Up When I Myself Who Doesn't Have Gems Waits Patiently For Stugs And Tanks To Cook.

• 1 month later...

Well Then I think at a certain point the game should be subscription based because an advantage is an advantage...can not spin that fact into anything but what it is. P2W

once I start getting beat on by someone with deeper pockets I'll just walk away...  But now that I do know this exists I will wait a long long time now before I make a purchase to see how this game plays out for me.

Bills must be payed but I'm not going to be fed to a whale and I will never become a whale, nor would I want to. In fact if i started to spend that much money on a game I would review present life and make necessary changes.

Edited by FunkenA

• 4 months later...
On 6/29/2017 at 11:05 AM, FunkenA said:

Well Then I think at a certain point the game should be subscription based because an advantage is an advantage...can not spin that fact into anything but what it is. P2W

once I start getting beat on by someone with deeper pockets I'll just walk away...  But now that I do know this exists I will wait a long long time now before I make a purchase to see how this game plays out for me.

Bills must be payed but I'm not going to be fed to a whale and I will never become a whale, nor would I want to. In fact if i started to spend that much money on a game I would review present life and make necessary changes.

Right. There is F2P and P2W. This is the worst P2W game that exists. They can sell lots of things to pay the bills without making players egregiously better. WoT console is a great example. Premium tanks usually don’t add much to tactical advantages, but rather increase rewards.  

1 hour ago, Panzerwerfer42 said:

Right. There is F2P and P2W. This is the worst P2W game that exists. They can sell lots of things to pay the bills without making players egregiously better. WoT console is a great example. Premium tanks usually don’t add much to tactical advantages, but rather increase rewards.  

This actually isn't the worst pay to win game that exists... If you actually think that, then you haven't been through a whole the online "Strategy" gaming community. This game balances it's payed features and skill based combat excellently. I don't pay that much and I beat people who gem all the time... Then again, I have been playing since nearly the beginning and I have built up an excellent amount of skill and am part of an amazing team. 

If you really want to be part of the elite and learn how to beat gemmers and spenders all the time, stop complaining and put time into the game, find a good team who will take you and make the best effort you can to learn from the from captains and 1st LTs. That's how you beat heavy spenders. They spend so hard because they can't win any other way, and they don't actually have any idea how to play this game. You don't really need money, just perseverance and hard work.

This game is almost like being an US airman or soldier or part of any other military force, it's a mixture of teamwork, hard work, adaptability and pure skill. No amount of money can truly top that unless it's infinite... And no amount of money is.

I will tell you something, Last night my team and I held off 8-10 armies. We had 5, yet we kept pushing and we defeated them all. They even gemmed troops and we still beat them back and won the battle. So keep pushing and you will eventually become a great player.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Panzerwerfer42 said:

10 hours ago, Bloodmancer said:

This actually isn't the worst pay to win game that exists... If you actually think that, then you haven't been through a whole the online "Strategy" gaming community. This game balances it's payed features and skill based combat excellently. I don't pay that much and I beat people who gem all the time... Then again, I have been playing since nearly the beginning and I have built up an excellent amount of skill and am part of an amazing team. 

If you really want to be part of the elite and learn how to beat gemmers and spenders all the time, stop complaining and put time into the game, find a good team who will take you and make the best effort you can to learn from the from captains and 1st LTs. That's how you beat heavy spenders. They spend so hard because they can't win any other way, and they don't actually have any idea how to play this game. You don't really need money, just perseverance and hard work.

This game is almost like being an US airman or soldier or part of any other military force, it's a mixture of teamwork, hard work, adaptability and pure skill. No amount of money can truly top that unless it's infinite... And no amount of money is.

I will tell you something, Last night my team and I held off 8-10 armies. We had 5, yet we kept pushing and we defeated them all. They even gemmed troops and we still beat them back and won the battle. So keep pushing and you will eventually become a great player.

100% Agree with Bloodmancer here. This game is far more about teamwork and strategy than spending. I will echo his advice to find a good league, learn the basics,  go break things.

• 2 months later...

Not saying you should take away gemming or purchasing gems completely, I will say that you should look into limiting the amount of gems you can spend on each field. For example I buy 100k gem pack but I can only use 10k amethyst and 10k gems per field. On tourney fields gemming should cost 2x the normal amount and it should still be limited to 10k amethyst and 10k gems. This would allow for more tactical game play I think and not a slaughter because someone gems the same 3 turrets 100 times each. I know some players will like this idea and other will hate it, thing is this is a strategy game that should require skill and knowledge of the battlefield and not the deepness of ones pockets.