World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Axis vs Allies Event

Codymo7

I think that it would not be a bad idea to feature an event that resembles world war 2 specifically.  I understand that pro players don't want to play with noobs.  Noobs can't learn unless they are taught by someone however.

For the event I was thinking maybe a new map be made.  Split the map to where there are only a couple of land access ways to the opposite side of the map, if not just one land bridge.  Make a limit for the player cap, say 90 players.  Two teams (overrides your league for the duration of the battlefield) Axis and Ally.  Every other player is moved to one side of the map and placed onto the team regardless.  This will mix up the big name teams and help even the skill level in theory.  Have rebel cities still around the map for people to be able to expand still.  But allow there to be major battles to decide the battlefield's outcome.  Keep everything the exact same, just shift the map around some.  The increased amount of water between the teams increases the appeal of amphibious landings and massive ship based invasions.  (Maybe include the rebel cities you have on the standard battlefields that line the edge of the maps for vantage points)  In theory I think this would work.  Not so many players that the map is bogged down and cant allow growth for the players on each team, due to the rebel cities added between the players.  Once a team is feeling froggy they can plan and mass an attack.  I get that time zones are an issue but that's where skill and strategy comes into play.  Who can defend initial attacks the best, who can capitalize on their enemy being asleep first.  Of course please add your critiques.  I think that with the game growing this could be something different that really grabs the loyal players' attention.  

I would also recommend a chat app to stay in touch with your teammates not only for this event, but for the game in general (I personally like Line - I use it for several other games that I play regularly).  I have played periodically for a few months now, can't find an active enough team that I can get to know and enjoy playing with.  I lose interest unless I can form relationships with my teammates sadly 

Please add your thoughts and ideas.  In theory I think it could work, in practice.. it's hard saying.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...