World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Announcements

• Peter

App Available on Android Now   08/16/2016

Commanders, the Android Official Version has released, please go to Google Play to get it. To those commanders who participated the open beta, you can continue your previous progress in the official version. More info, please check the specific post.
Jane

LC Permissions?!

Which solution is the best one?   

72 members have voted

1. 1. How to fix this issue?

• League leader should be able to give the production and distribution power to either each member or only CINC & Staff Officers.
    • Improve league logs to make it more robust.
    • Both 1 & 2 are necessary.
    • This issue should be handled inside a league. Nothing should be changed!
    • I have another better solution. (If you select this one, make sure share us your solution in comment! :))

Jane    283

Dear Commanders,

Recently we have received some feedback on Putting Permissions on LC as well as Improving Leagues Logs. Have you ever encountered following internal issues? How does your league deal with it? 

GettyUp
There currently is no way to give the production and distribution power to an appointed LC manager and their alternate. We generally have 3 - 5 LC's cooking arms & upgrading after the second day in a bf, but it is always on the "honor" system. I would like to see a rule change that permits only appointed managers and their alternate to have the power to actually control the LC they are managing.

Currently, my officers spend far too much time trying to keep up to 20 players from stealing and making Armaments without regard to the team's needs. A rule's change in this direction would be a huge step forward to restoring harmony back to our members again."

FaceManPeck
"As far as the permissions; I posted my request on the forums under suggestions. The problem that a lot of growing leagues have is internal. Building armaments, then having to step away for a bit only to return to those same armaments being gone. We know other members took them but the league logs do not show it. The problem is a pretty big one as it prevents us from taking any disciplinary action because we can’t see it, thus proving it in the logs. Simple fix would be placing permissions on LC's so either the CINC or player who converted can control the LC as well as who builds there."

surya
"I am very unhappy. Few players are sending insufficient resources to LC, this makes every player can't take armaments from LC. Only LC managers sending armaments to players’ main city. 
I request plz make LC ranking who are send how much resources and how much he used to get armaments. I am sure this happens in every league if not that's good. My idea is as shown in pic. Thanks"

lc.thumb.png.23fd57605fe793bf54abae45736c2803.png

Thanks to GettyUp, FaceManPeck, surya and anyone who helped us be aware of this issue! 

What’s your opinion? Feel free to cast your vote and join our discussion! We can come up with a best solution and make it happen in future version! 

If you want league logs to be improved, feel free to share us picture showing how you would like it be! 

Graywing    68

I think logs would be enough for league to regulate production at LC because like I stated before their is not always going to be someone online who can do thinks for you if you can't (say League a leader forgot to give out  permissions)  and it's not your direct fault you can suffer more than it helps long term logs would always the management needed to see who actually contributes and allows events like those not to happen . It's ok to make it easier to see how is actually contributing but making it so that it could back fire if the league leader messes up with the permission their may be catastrophic outcome to the battle at hand .

8 minutes ago, surya said:

I don't get the color thing it's kinda useless if you have resources sent and used why have the use colored of you can just compare used and sent and if sent is more than he is good but if it is less than you know he didn't use his own resources 

Noodles    216

I like the pic.  But rather than "res used" just put in what arms they've used.  That shows both the res used and the lc production time used by default.     

I like the idea of allowing access on a limited basis for sending arms out (can always give everyone permission if like it the way it is currently and are afraid of no "distribution member" being online )

• Upvote 3

MOPS1    16

I think the biggest problem is that new players take rss from a league city. I think this should not be an option at all. The league city is to make advanced armaments. New players don't know this and take  rss from the lc, to the point that it cannot be upgraded in time. It will be better if a lc can give out only armaments, but no rss to anybody. 

CaptDeano    2

I would like to see a  separation from access to the LC and diplomacy so that you can give them  access to the LC without giving them access to diplomacy 

• Upvote 1

Noodles    216
7 minutes ago, MOPS1 said:

I think the biggest problem is that new players take rss from a league city. I think this should not be an option at all. The league city is to make advanced armaments. New players don't know this and take  rss from the lc, to the point that it cannot be upgraded in time. It will be better if a lc can give out only armaments, but no rss to anybody. 

What if you want res to be at a different lc or if you want to demo a lc and need to send the res out before that.  

• Upvote 1

DOMM    10

I have solved the problem in my league , but you still need to be able to trust members to follow rules . I tried our new system in our last map it worked better than i though it would , but it only works if you have good loyal members . New members could be a problem to my system. With only recourse to kick them if they do not follow rules i set down . 

• Upvote 2

surya    44
11 minutes ago, MOPS1 said:

yes i agree with this. New players just capturing resource zone (oil and rubber) and they are not upgrading. they are wasting res zone, very few res zones are available in battle field. we cant check every village or res and asking them to upgrade and it is tuff :(

21 minutes ago, Graywing said:

I think logs would be enough for league to regulate production at LC because like I stated before their is not always going to be someone online who can do thinks for you if you can't (say League a leader forgot to give out  permissions)  and it's not your direct fault you can suffer more than it helps long term logs would always the management needed to see who actually contributes and allows events like those not to happen . It's ok to make it easier to see how is actually contributing but making it so that it could back fire if the league leader messes up with the permission their may be catastrophic outcome to the battle at hand .

I don't get the color thing it's kinda useless if you have resources sent and used why have the use colored of you can just compare used and sent and if sent is more than he is good but if it is less than you know he didn't use his own resources 

my point is auto deducting fortune, oil, iron and rubber while upgrading L.C. And controlling usage is important with colors. some player are sending resource for only L.C armament. L.C is not shopping mall. sending few res and grabbing armament then what about L.C upgrades? L.C managers cant handle the problem, we need perfect L.C log with auto bot and color.

12 minutes ago, DOMM said:

I have solved the problem in my league , but you still need to be able to trust members to follow rules . I tried our new system in our last map it worked better than i though it would , but it only works if you have good loyal members . New members could be a problem to my system. With only recourse to kick them if they do not follow rules i set down . 

i agree with you domm. Team work is very important.

• Upvote 1

Iggy112    47

I agree with much of what has been said above, but would suggest that the developers view this in stages, taking baby steps so as not to get ahead of themselves and create extra workload.

Stage 1 : Implement a more robust LC log page within the quartermaster.   Personally, I think that a cumulative log of RSS sent, RSS taken and troops taken are sufficient.   Coloring  results might be even better, but unclear if needed at this time.   BTW, be sure the LC log shows results for each LC on one page so you can see member's true total participation, as well as have the final log page included with the final field summaries for post field analysis and league discussion.

Stage 2: Implement a permissions system.  I don't think this is necessary, but might be an additional improvement.  It has a few downsides that one can see already.   Someone has to mind the store 24/7, especially if you have members worldwide in different time zones.   Definitely could be a new game frustration for members on different time schedule.  Secondly, the LC manager will need to devote considerable time to doling out the stuff (LC logs a must) equitably, when trust system works for most members.   I spend considerable time playing a field daily, not sure if I would want to take on this added chore, just to control a few members.  Third, commander already has mucho workload playing his game as well as doing diplomacy, so this could require as many as 5 additional staff with more possible human relationship problems being involved.  All three of these can easily reduce gem purchases via game frustration or time commitments.

Bottomline....don't run before you walk on this one....try baby improvement steps until problem is solved reasonably.

• Upvote 4

Boredomfalls    197

I brought this up months ago and was  held by various players but  ignored by the developers . I love how all of a sudden because other people bring it up it's now being brought up as an issue

• Upvote 1

MkV    258
36 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

I brought this up months ago and was  held by various players but  ignored by the developers . I love how all of a sudden because other people bring it up it's now being brought up as an issue

They just don't like you :)

• Upvote 1

MkV    258

I think both 1 and 2 would be helpful. I also agree with Iggy in that you should ease into  the changes. I feel pretty strongly though that if a player has permission to remove from the LC they should be able to move whatever they wish. There should not be a limitation such as no rss. 

• Upvote 1

jclay71    1

This is one of the biggest challenges of many leagues and I have seen new players as well as seasoned players and leaders abuse the LC. A robust log with possibly cumulative totals of resources sent and received would be a big help as Surya suggested. Deleted logs are a often a problem and we often do not know if the system deleted them or another player. The league city is a great concept if used properly and I think it is a great tool for team building. Please at least expand the logs and give us the opportunity to enforce the rules of our leagues effectively.

Thanks,

• Upvote 1

Boredomfalls    197

See, I don't think we should restrict who takes out because if there's only 1 officer in a field and a massive battle is going on you need arms badly you can't wait for them to get the msg to get on the finally send some stuff out. Let it be handled internally and just go with a better log. Otherwise people will be complaining to change it back just like with the scoring system and then all of a sudden it'll take months because we're stuck with it. 

MkV    258
3 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

See, I don't think we should restrict who takes out because if there's only 1 officer in a field and a massive battle is going on you need arms badly you can't wait for them to get the msg to get on the finally send some stuff out. Let it be handled internally and just go with a better log. Otherwise people will be complaining to change it back just like with the scoring system and then all of a sudden it'll take months because we're stuck with it. 

With permissions, you could set who has access. If, in your league, you want everyone to be able to pull, just set it up that way. 

Edited by MkV

Polack    11
17 hours ago, surya said:

Hello all,

I like a combination of this idea but a little more in depth & more fields... (for example)

1) separate all lcs in to individual screens like above ... along with having a general screen for cash cuz it's Lc wide which doubles as an acess page where the Cinc can assign people acess to build & ship items from certain Lcs... (I'll create visual like above if needed but just click button giving you access at that lc!!!

2) I see there also being an issue with used materials (alone) instead of munitions shipped (too) cuz of the way I play for example... I'm a night owl with my job so I come on & cue munitions at Lcs so there not idle... I would like to still be able to do that without it showing that I use a Shiiiit tone of materials that I'm not actually using just building stuff!

- this issue could be fixed with another tab labeled munitions sent by Lc which shows what & how many munitions were sent to people by lc & all together! .... there should also be a timeline screen tab off of this screen to show when stuff was sent to nip issues in the but fright away about when stuff & resources was taken by Lc!

3) (idea) You could also create medals of some kind for milestones from this screen then for resources donated to the team effort... shows who's a team player

• Upvote 1

Boredomfalls    197
1 hour ago, MkV said:

With permissions, you could set who has access. If, in your league, you want everyone to be able to pull, just set it up that way. 

But we know how the devs are. They're not gonna let you pick and choose they're gonna generalize which means every field promoting everyone and at that point implementing that kind of thing is useless and more taxing on devices for no reason

1 hour ago, Polack said:

Hello all,

I like a combination of this idea but a little more in depth & more fields... (for example)

1) separate all lcs in to individual screens like above ... along with having a general screen for cash cuz it's Lc wide which doubles as an acess page where the Cinc can assign people acess to build & ship items from certain Lcs... (I'll create visual like above if needed but just click button giving you access at that lc!!!

2) I see there also being an issue with used materials (alone) instead of munitions shipped (too) cuz of the way I play for example... I'm a night owl with my job so I come on & cue munitions at Lcs so there not idle... I would like to still be able to do that without it showing that I use a Shiiiit tone of materials that I'm not actually using just building stuff!

- this issue could be fixed with another tab labeled munitions sent by Lc which shows what & how many munitions were sent to people by lc & all together! .... there should also be a timeline screen tab off of this screen to show when stuff was sent to nip issues in the but fright away about when stuff & resources was taken by Lc!

3) (idea) You could also create medals of some kind for milestones from this screen then for resources donated to the team effort... shows who's a team player

For you second point is why in the post above, where I linked an old post about this, I said I deduct rss given based on what they take not what they build. What's built shouldn't matter nearly as much as who takes them

MkV    258
1 hour ago, Boredomfalls said:

But we know how the devs are. They're not gonna let you pick and choose they're gonna generalize which means every field promoting everyone and at that point implementing that kind of thing is useless and more taxing on devices for no reason

For you second point is why in the post above, where I linked an old post about this, I said I deduct rss given based on what they take not what they build. What's built shouldn't matter nearly as much as who takes them

That wont work for everyone. Wefew issues equipment based on what a player needs, not what they contribute. We have contribution expectations of course, but one of our guys (or gals in TDF's case) isn't going to do without say bombers, just because they have no oil. Set permissions is fine if you need to restrict it, but having some automatic system for micromanaging simply wont work. If its that bad, maybe you should start booting people.

Edited by MkV
  • Upvote 1

Maddog    149

I deeply agree with requesting to take resources because then Cinc and/ or staff officers can decide who needs or deserves it for activity but there should be an option to turn It off as well also Cinc and staff shouldn't be aloud to accept themselves unless there is no staff officer 

Jane    283
17 hours ago, Iggy112 said:

I agree with much of what has been said above, but would suggest that the developers view this in stages, taking baby steps so as not to get ahead of themselves and create extra workload.

Stage 1 : Implement a more robust LC log page within the quartermaster.   Personally, I think that a cumulative log of RSS sent, RSS taken and troops taken are sufficient.   Coloring  results might be even better, but unclear if needed at this time.   BTW, be sure the LC log shows results for each LC on one page so you can see member's true total participation, as well as have the final log page included with the final field summaries for post field analysis and league discussion.

Stage 2: Implement a permissions system.  I don't think this is necessary, but might be an additional improvement.  It has a few downsides that one can see already.   Someone has to mind the store 24/7, especially if you have members worldwide in different time zones.   Definitely could be a new game frustration for members on different time schedule.  Secondly, the LC manager will need to devote considerable time to doling out the stuff (LC logs a must) equitably, when trust system works for most members.   I spend considerable time playing a field daily, not sure if I would want to take on this added chore, just to control a few members.  Third, commander already has mucho workload playing his game as well as doing diplomacy, so this could require as many as 5 additional staff with more possible human relationship problems being involved.  All three of these can easily reduce gem purchases via game frustration or time commitments.

Bottomline....don't run before you walk on this one....try baby improvement steps until problem is solved reasonably.

Hi lggy. I agree all you mentioned. Don't want to ask too much. But can you share with me what the log page with Quartermaster looks like in your mind? Thanks!