World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Disappearing troops

Boredomfalls

image.pngThis has been an issue for some time now and I e brought it up before but when I do I'm asked for screen shots and proof, even though a few people have complained about it and this is the first time I've been able to get a screen shot of it. 

Troops disappear frequently. When they do you have no control over them and they continue on the last order you gave them even if you change it (i.e. I tell a transport to airdrop in an enemies city, it disappears, then I decide to pull them back and not drop but the one that disappears keeps going to airdrop). They reappear sometime later (usually a few minutes) but it causes a lot of issues and happens with both air and ground units, I haven't seen it happen with naval units. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Guest pinned and featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

No sry it not plausible to do cause it's immediate I've seen this happen mostly to infantry and transports

it seems it may also happen because the transports are inside of eachother (I can't confirm any of these answers they are just possibilitys) so try to keep the more separated for long flights

It is pretty common when moving large numbers of troops. Say I leave with 10 med tanks 15 stugs and tell them all to move to a point. If I scroll them off the screen to check something else or upgrade something, when I highlight all again I may only show 9 tanks and 15 stugs or 10 tanks and 14 stugs. I haven't noticed it being more than 1 at any time. And if you scroll them back off the screen and back onto the screen they usually reappear. doesn't seem to be only certain troop or during heavy battles or anything like that. But makes you pay attention to how many troops you have with you. 

• 1 month later...

They've made the tanks usable its now just a visual glitch and russel exactly what u said yesterday I had a dev run thripought my accountnit was funny when I got back on cause I had went to eat and forgot all about him and was like wtf happened!

but yea russel Jane any of the staff if u need someone's account msg me and I'll get back to u soon as I can yesterday was about a glitch with the group chats were it  says people in your battlefield aren't in it instead of allied neutral or hostile

Sincerely Sunsy 

Rn Russ what I need fixed for that to happen is to have u get on my account and fix my account

Then I'll show u

Like seriously please fix my chat

1 minute ago, Sunsy said:

Rn Russ what I need fixed for that to happen is to have u get on my account and fix my account

6 hours ago, Russell said:

Okay, thanks Sunsy for letting me gain access to your account, and I apologize for not confirming with you first for permission. We will be sure to ask for permission ahead of time moving forward. About this glitch from yesterday, could you tell me more about what was happening there? I did see others talking about not seeing ppl in that battlefield, what do you mean by "aren't in it instead of allied or hostile"?

Do others' troops/units just not show up on the battlefield when other's are trying to locate you, even when being sent coordinates and you arrive there but still do not see anyone there? How often has this happened to you and anyone else you know?

And your free to use my account at any time

I've seen this happen when moving a large army.  The known solution in our league has always been to know how many troops you have when moving and if you are missing some, simply scroll off screen for a moment and back.  This would fix the missing troops 100% of the time.  

But before your devs kill themselves trying to find a ghost. I have a simple and elegant solution.  Please add a quick single click refresh button somewhere on-screen.  Then call it a day and let's go have a beer. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TheNorth1 said:

I've seen this happen when moving a large army.  The known solution in our league has always been to know how many troops you have when moving and if you are missing some, simply scroll off screen for a moment and back.  This would fix the missing troops 100% of the time.  

But before your devs kill themselves trying to find a ghost. I have a simple and elegant solution.  Please add a quick single click refresh button somewhere on-screen.  Then call it a day and let's go have a beer. 

We've seen the same issue, but the scroll away and back hasn't been 100% successful for us, when its not, we pop out to the main screen and reenter the field and that usually works as well.

I second the idea for a refresh button. Good idea.

• Upvote 2

Agree the disappearing troop thing is a little annoying but most of us know about it and know to scroll away and they are usually there when you scroll back to the area. Put in a refresh button and call it good enough. Your devs have bigger fish to fry...

• Upvote 1

To add to my suggestion of a screen refresh button.   The button should have a 3 press then 1 min wait cool down to prevent abuse.  I believe the refresh button if abused could have a significant impact on game performance if too many are using it too close together over and over.  

• Guest unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Just happened to me today.  Troops airborne left city went to southern border.  Made turn going east.   Checked on another build came back and troops gone.   They're on the map just can't see them.  I'm getting notifications that you hey are out of fuel. But nothing in messages saying out of fuel.   I tried going to main screen. Changing positions on map. I even reinstalled the game.   I asked league members. They don't see them either.   It's like the went down the rabbit hole 

On 3/10/2017 at 10:25 AM, RJ1 said:

Agree the disappearing troop thing is a little annoying but most of us know about it and know to scroll away and they are usually there when you scroll back to the area. Put in a refresh button and call it good enough. Your devs have bigger fish to fry...

This didn't work for me today.  In fact others couldn't find troops either.  They just went off into the Bermuda Triangle.