World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Soapbox on Balance Changes

SnakeEater

Yes, I will say that there are some, not many but some troops that could be tweaked a little. But for the most part this game is fine just the way it is. After reading some of the post in the thread "Balance Changes" which is an attempt by the developers to get EDUCATED, and CONSTRUCTIVE feedback so they can provide a more REALISTIC gaming experience. From many of the replies, it seems that EDUCATED and CONSTRUCTIVE surprisingly RARE. This in turn brings me to my Soapbox.

Let me be perfectly clear, there isn't an troop or any combination of troops in this game that is unstoppable. There are combinations of different troops that make some harder to destroy than others, but their is a way to destroy any army. This may include superior ability of one player to maneuver or place troops over the other player. It could mean bringing more teammates to destroy said army. There is always a way to win. Losing ones army (or even a city) during a given game isn't an indicator of losing, and is definitely not a reason to surrender. I see more people surrender when they lose their army then should. There is way more to this game then producing an army then using that said army to capture cities. I have had to replace my army numerous times, just from running out of fuel. The truly real complaint I have with this game is the fact that most of the people playing it have no understanding of the true complexity that this game is capable of, and waste their time building armaments that you can get from a level 5 Munitions Factory. Then complaining that this game is so unbalanced, even though they have a 70 or 75 troop count with only 2 or three types of troops. Now ask yourself "REALLY, where is the real imbalance originating? A game is won before you even enter it. When you can figure that out that's when all of the complaining about overpowered, underpowered, this thing sucks, that thing sucks he cheated, he's gemming or hacking or any other useless whining will end. I would let everyone bask in their own ignorance... but I can't because everyone keeps complaining about things and and that leads to simple stuff being changed to where eventually this game will have no more depth then PacMan (Google it Kids). Yes I am on a soapbox, yes my league leader will probably chew me out, but please everyone stop trying to get the developers to make your favorite little troop the most powerful thing in the game and also nerf all the other troops so they can't kill it. The reason the developers created different troops, is to make sure that someone can't just make a bunch of the same troop type and dominate. In this I feel they are doing an OUTSTANDING JOB!

SnakeEater Out!

• Upvote 3

Great post, Snake. People who don't understand the nuances of this game or take the time to figure out how to counter something are the people who will complain that this or that is over/under powered. This will start with crying for nerfs/buffs and end with the devs ruining the game by making too many large changes. 

• Upvote 3

Brother I hear you. I have not played this game as long or know half of what I need to know. But I know military and I know how it works. I hear the gripes of this troop is too weak this troop is too strong. Study the troops learn there strengths and weaknesses and you will do well.

• Upvote 1

Exactly, you don't have a choice of who they give you in the Military, you just assess their ability and put them in a position that will highlight their strengths while at the same time minimize their weaknesses, but also in a way that enhances the overall performance of the unit. This is sometimes very complex especially depending on a unit's specialty or mission. It is because of this, that their are very few people that can accomplish this effectively.

• Upvote 2

• Guest locked this topic