World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jane

Balance Changes

Which Units Do You Want to Adjust?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which Units Do You Want to Adjust Most?

• Mobile AA. Its overpowered!
    • Strategic Bombers. Too good vs everything!
    • StuG. Too easy to get killed!
    • Navy units. Make them better! (AOE. Speed. Attack range)
    • Katyusha. Too slow!
    • Tanks. Too slow!
    • Mobile Arty. Its overpowered!
    • AA. Too easy to get killed!
    • No need to adjust anything!
    • Others. (Plz leave your opinions in comment! :))

Commanders,

We plan to make some adjustments on units attributes to make game more fun and more balanced. Plz think about two questions and cast your vote! 

1. If some units are so overpowered that they have broken the balance? If any unit should be strengthened?
2. Do you think the strategies we are using are very repetitive and lack of diversity due to the unbalance? 

Every vote may affect our decision on adjusting units. So be cautious! Feel free to leave comments under this thread! :)

Unit Changes in version 1.0.27 (Jan.18th):

Recon Vehicle buffs: +20% to all attack, health and armor. Ammo consumption is reduced to 10/Hour.
Light Tank Buffs: +10% to all attack & health. +50% speed. Ammo Consumption is reduced to 50/Hour.
Cruiser: AOE vs air units!

• Upvote 3

I am kinda suprised for the voting right now. Some of the stuff they selected (not gonna say) don't need to be changed (MY OPINION). You just need to know how to use them wisely instead of one here and one there. ;) If you know what I mean. (If not, its cool...) 

• Upvote 4

Zgadzam sie z toba wedlug mnie nic nie trzeba zmieniac, kazdy ma swoja strategie jeden woli bombowce(:) a inny statki.Jakie kolwiek zmiany moglyby zawazyc na dynamice gry i zepsuc dobra zabawe wszystko jest git pozdrowienia dla suportu i tworcy gry

• Upvote 1

Only change I would want to see is fighters should be faster, my fighters get outrun by bombers and fighters should be able to shoot down bombers at a faster rate

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Turbo3000 said:

Jedyną zmianą chciałbym zobaczyć, to Strażacy powinni być szybsze, moi zawodnicy się wyprzedzić przez bombowców i myśliwców powinna być w stanie zestrzelić bombowce w szybszym tempie

No Turbo3000?this passive skill (faster battle) no play to leave this game

I think anti-tank guns should do damage to more than just tanks. 

Level 1 sniper towers that are able to withstand multiple bombers for a good while is just wrong

34 minutes ago, Turbo3000 said:

Fighters get outrun by bombers which is not realistic. Fighters should be able to kill bombers at a faster rate. 

Fighters outrun bombers unless you blitz the bombers. It's fine

16 minutes ago, Patton71 said:

I think anti-tank guns should do damage to more than just tanks. 

Level 1 sniper towers that are able to withstand multiple bombers for a good while is just wrong

I'll agree about the the anti tank guns. If it has wheels (except for jeeps, aa, and arty) if should be able to shoot it. 

Overall though the the balancing is realistic and doesn't need to be changed much. Outside of the anti tanks shooting more units, the only thing I might change would be to add a tech tree for turrets in the main screen using gold (see below picture, maybe only do 5 levels of each to prevent it from becoming over powered) and be able to build them in one of 3 ways, standard (the way we have them now), anti air (only shoots air units but does increased damage), and ground (only shoots ground but with increased damage)

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

First let me say the game is pretty balanced as it is, having said that there are a few tweaks that I feel would improve it.

1. For the most part, I think the units are balanced. I do think strategic bombers are too good versus everything. They should be very good vs buildings and poor vs everything else. (Sort of like Assault Guns) what I would do is add a unit (call it a tactical bomber like a Stuka) that had all of the stats of a strategic bomber except for vs buildings. The Strategic Bomber would then have all of its stats lowered except vs buildings. The game should make the player make decisions that have trade offs. Strategic bombers are so good they are a no brainer. Naval units are under used. This is primarily because strategic bombers are so good and cruiser aa is not area of effect. The tactical bombers might fix this without having the cruisers be area of effect. One thing you could try in addition is to give all ships except transport an aa factor. 

2. Another tweak I would love to see is with sea transports. I think they need to be able to supply their passengers the way a carrier does. The battle islands map has revealed that long distance trips in a sea transport results in hungry troops. This would make amphibious landings and the like more feasible. The ability to load league members troops would also be nice, but not as important as the supply

One piece of advice, bad play can make good units look bad and bad units look good. Not all balance issues are the units. Some of what's happening now is the current meta game is bomber spam.  This is mainly because most players haven't figured out how to stop it. This is slowly changing.  Also, the game has already had balance changes with the additions of the generals. Scheer for example has already made towed aa more useful, and Ramke has made the strat vs medium decision a little less no brainer. 

Edited by MkV
  • Upvote 5

Well i played this game almost 500 hour. i got 11 game played and 9 win. my avr. score is 190k. Mostly i always in top 3.

Evryone use same tactics in the game:

- Brings enough mobile aa (late game 10 lvl5 is enough)spred it if you start figth

- Bring enough mobile arty (10+ lvl 5 got same dmg against bulding like lvl 1 stugs). spred it is you start figth

- Bring 15 tac bombers

- Bring 10 jets

And the others slot bring something wich is your game style:

Need 4 scout and over. thats all.

Well realy hard to coutered this setup, because mobil arty is too strong, you can easy to defend against tac bombers with mobil aa.

Only a nother mobil arty army can countered this setup...

So i think need a little change:

Nerf the mobil arty:

- less dmg aganst the armoured units, i always easy to kill evryone who come with armour units...

More spd. to armored units:

- Need plus 30-40% more spd to the ligth and med tanks, nobody use this units just the first day..

- Need plus 20-30% to the heavy tanks.

And if this change is come, evryone start using tank destroyer to protect the mobil arty army..

More spd to the other units:

- Need plus 30% spd to the Figthers/Jets.

Thats all, thx to the game its realy awesome i total addicted.:)

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, xTheIcex said:

Well i played this game almost 500 hour. i got 11 game played and 9 win. my avr. score is 190k. Mostly i always in top 3.

Evryone use same tactics in the game:

- Brings enough mobile aa (late game 10 lvl5 is enough)spred it if you start figth

- Bring enough mobile arty (10+ lvl 5 got same dmg against bulding like lvl 1 stugs). spred it is you start figth

- Bring 15 tac bombers

- Bring 10 jets

And the others slot bring something wich is your game style:

Need 4 scout and over. thats all.

Well realy hard to coutered this setup, because mobil arty is too strong, you can easy to defend against tac bombers with mobil aa.

Only a nother mobil arty army can countered this setup...

So i think need a little change:

Nerf the mobil arty:

- less dmg aganst the armoured units, i always easy to kill evryone who come with armour units...

More spd. to armored units:

- Need plus 30-40% more spd to the ligth and med tanks, nobody use this units just the first day..

- Need plus 20-30% to the heavy tanks.

And if this change is come, evryone start using tank destroyer to protect the mobil arty army..

More spd to the other units:

- Need plus 30% spd to the Figthers/Jets.

Thats all, thx to the game its realy awesome i total addicted.:)

This is good, it's very similar to what I use, but know this, you are way ahead of the meta game. This is where the meta game is going, but it is beatable as well.

Edited by MkV
  • Upvote 2

The Snake's $.02.

For question 1, I will not only explain why I checked some units, but also why I didn't check others.

1. If some units are so overpowered that they have broken the balance? If any unit should be strengthened?

1. Which Units Do You Want to Adjust Most?

Mobile AA. Its overpowered!

- The Mobile AA (Wirbelwinds) in this game are not overpowered. It was a Quad 20 mm turret, mounted to a Panzer IV chassis. Each 20 mm Flak 38 auto cannon fired up to 450 rounds per minute putting out a combined 1800 rounds per minute. To put in perspective that is 30, 2 centimeter high explosive, armor piercing or incendiary rounds per second. 

- So if you ask me it may be a little underpowered.

- I also feel they should be allowed to attack ground units, at a minimum infantry and vehicle type troops. During the war they were used in this role more than in the Anti-Aircraft role and were extremely effective.

Strategic Bombers. Too good vs everything!

- Yes Strategic Bombers are used for their namesake, Strategic Bombings. They were very effective against industry and infrastructure but when used in a tactical role they were disastrous. Read about "Operation Cobra" July 24 and 25, 1944. The friendly casualties numbered 136 killed and 621 wounded over those two days from weather reduced visibility or wind drift.

- There is a need for an intermediate or tactical bomber such as the Junkers Ju 87 Stuka or the Republic P-47D Thunderbolt.

StuG. Too easy to get killed!

-Yes the Sturmgeschütz III is very easy to kill. But you must understand that it is a support type weapon system and is very limited in its capabilities because of it's lack of a rotating turret. I think maybe a slight increase in power (Hit points) and defense would be sufficient. (More about this in the answering of question 2)

Navy units. Make them better! (AOE. Speed. Attack range)

- Transport: Make them a LST (Landing Ship Transport) and allow them to load troops anywhere not just in harbors which would be more realistic and. also more effective. The crews of these boats nicknamed them Large Slow Targets. 

- Destroyer: Increase power and defense.

- Cruiser: AOE vs Aircraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Battleship: Increase attack power vs troops.

- Aircraft Carrier: Increase load capacity decrease supply usage.

Katyusha. Too slow!

- Yes, self explanatory.

Tanks. Too slow!

- No, but remove the transition timer for force march, it makes no sense. I just lock down turret change gear and go faster.

Mobile Arty. Its overpowered!

- NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Artillery is known as the King of Battle for a reason. When your King is isolated and can no longer move in chess you lose.

- Leave it alone, I will speak more on this in answering question two.

AA. Too easy to get killed!

- No, I will go into further details about this also in question two.

No need to adjust anything!

- Very good argument for this in answering question two but not entirely. Some units do need to be changed, some buffed some nerfed and some a combination.

2. Do you think the strategies we are using are very repetitive and lack of diversity due to the unbalance?

There is one thing I would like to be clarified, and two things I want to clarify before answering this question.

The one I want clarified is, "WHO IS WE?" Because to answer the question properly you must know what strategies are being discussed.

The first thing I want to clarify is that this game is Awesome. It is one of the most broad scoped strategy game out at this time. It also allows the player the use of the; in my opinion, best combination of strategic planning and tactical execution of the different levels of warfare and yet remain extremely user friendly. Whether this is by design or by accident I am not sure, but the importance of production and campaign planning at a strategic level, and the necessity of combined arms, use of terrain, and a variety of tactics for use at crucial points in a battle at the tactical level, allows a player with the better understanding of warfare a distinct and overwhelming advantage in this game. If it is by design, and you are an advisor GREAT JOB for one and two slap the $#!+ out of anyone trying to change it to much. If it is by accident then you have stumbled onto greatness. Stop listening to the loud majority. Who cares what they think. A Philosopher named Heraclitus from Ancient Greece said this about people when it comes to Warfare, he said, “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a Warrior, and he will bring the others back.”  He is basically saying that only 10% will be successful in the art of warfare, and that only 1% will Truly, I mean Truly understand and not just succeed but excel at Warfare. So keep that in mind when making changes.

The second thing I want to clarify is Strategy vs Tactics. Strategy is a method of play to achieve a certain goal laid out over the course of an entire Battlefield from entry to Victory. Tactics is methods of approaching single objective in support of one's overall Strategy.

So now that that is settled let's answer this question. The current style of play (I refuse to call it a strategy, because it isn't) that is popular in this game is Bomber, Fighter, and StuG III spam. This is easily defeated. A strategy is a plan of actions laid out over a course of short term goals or phases to accomplish a specific overall purpose. If you think a bunch of the same type troops bashing noobs and surrendered cities is a viable strategy, then you are the ones complaining about certain troops being over or underpowered. Each troop in this game has a specific function. One must understand how these different troop functions either compliment or enhance each other's effectiveness in a tactical situation. Either you will reach this understanding, or you will not. I will say this to the developers, if I had a say over mass changes to please the many FarmVillians and losing the true Strategists, or change nothing and send the sheep back to FarmVille.... I would say, "See ya Ole' McDonald and take your dog with you." 

I am not posting this to teach you how to play and win at this game. I am only stating that this game isn't unbalanced. The main problem is not the game, it's the lack of understanding and use of combined arms by players.

SnakeEater Out!

4 hours ago, BachirGemayel said:

Jets. Easy to kill. I had 40 jets and passed by 10 mobile aas. They wiped them off so fast!

Jets no like AA, you should not have wasted 40 troops count on jets. It's this lack of understanding that causes the complaints, which then causes changes  to be made that fits a certain style of play. If it only took jets to win a war then why do countries produce tanks and train infantry.

• Upvote 15

When it comes to troop totals you put 1 troop total per troop.  This doesn't matter if it's a tank, plane, artillery, or troop.  They all have different strengths and abilities.  They should also count for less towards the troop total.  A troop shouldn't count as much as a tank.  But in a real battle there are always more troops than tanks.

It seems to me the game is well balanced on units. Suggestion would be to boost certain unit by joining 2 together.

Example:

-Jeep + AT or  AA or Arty= Decrease the movement speed of the Jeep but would increase the movement speed of the unit. 

-Infantry + AT or AA or Arty= Increase fire rate or power

And also for village... Have a choice to build M45 Quadmount (or similar Anti-Aircraft) Would be having choice to build 2 Sniper Towers or 2 "flak" or one of each.

ApolloOfGODz

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

Fighters outrun bombers unless you blitz the bombers. It's fine

I'll agree about the the anti tank guns. If it has wheels (except for jeeps, aa, and arty) if should be able to shoot it. 

Overall though the the balancing is realistic and doesn't need to be changed much. Outside of the anti tanks shooting more units, the only thing I might change would be to add a tech tree for turrets in the main screen using gold (see below picture, maybe only do 5 levels of each to prevent it from becoming over powered) and be able to build them in one of 3 ways, standard (the way we have them now), anti air (only shoots air units but does increased damage), and ground (only shoots ground but with increased damage)

image.jpeg

Nice diagram dom lmfao , miss you bro ! 

14 minutes ago, JaiJaiFerDayzz said:

Nice diagram dom lmfao , miss you bro ! 

My drawing skills are epic lol miss you too brother, where ya been?

oh and I'd like to bring up my idea of flagships again. Each commander can select a single naval unit as a flagship which gets 5% boost in stats except for speed, and the CinC gets the league flagship with a 10% boost surrendering their personal flagship so they can't get two, and you can only switch flagship status between ships in they're both in a naval yard docked and has a 5 min "construction" time. 

1. I think others things should be worried about rather than what we are going to improve first. Like fixing the bugs in chat. 

2. I think the navy should move quicker. Not just a little quicker. Make it noticeable. Then people would be more apt to use them. 

3. Tanks could be a little quicker off road. It's a tank. Those things were made to cover ground a lot quicker than normal wheeled units. On and off-road. Trees and I'm assuming the darker patches of grass are swamps or bogs. Which really should be added in game. I mean not all battlefields were green and beautiful and happy little places. 

4. Bombers need some speed or slow down the fighters. Or maybe give them an option like scouts have to protect bombers. So they fly with them not 50 miles ahead. 

5. Give artillery it's power back. Artillery was used in all aspects to destroy whole divisions and slow them down. Not just infantry. Make artillery and AT's have a transport option on ground. So they can load up and go not wait till I retire to get them from point a to point b. 

6. Leave mobile Aa alone. The one thing you don't go up against when flying is a 88 or flak panzer. They will rip a fighter to shreads. And drop bombers left and right. That's what they do. 

7. Anti Tank needs to be able to damage to everything. If I was in war and a german infantry division came at me and all I had was a AT. I'm gonna shoot it at them. And it's going to do damage. Maybe not as much as artillery or other units but it will do something. 

Those are just my opinions. 

Oh and make a new map. A desert map. A giant urban map. Something. Change it up. 

• Upvote 3

Ace troops should get special attributes. Now they get a name instead of a number, which is not really much to strive for. Maybe extra health or speed. A different skin for an ace troop would be cool too. Think it would bring a lot to the game when commanders try to keep troops alive to get them to the ace level

• Upvote 1

SnakeEater is right Artillery and tanks do big destruction the arty is a combat support unit but it has massive range and power. Tanks move faster off road that is what they are made for. No war has been one by just infantry or aircraft it is a combination of troops. If you learn how to use them more effectively you will be more capable of a commander. I think some troops are fine the way they are and some need to be more real in there operation.

Sorry did not mean to get on soapbox.

Sarge Z

Edited by SargeZ
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Shmify said:

I am kinda suprised for the voting right now. Some of the stuff they selected (not gonna say) don't need to be changed (MY OPINION). You just need to know how to use them wisely instead of one here and one there. ;) If you know what I mean. (If not, its cool...) 

13 hours ago, Shisui1 said:

Zgadzam sie z toba wedlug mnie nic nie trzeba zmieniac, kazdy ma swoja strategie jeden woli bombowce(:) a inny statki.Jakie kolwiek zmiany moglyby zawazyc na dynamice gry i zepsuc dobra zabawe wszystko jest git pozdrowienia dla suportu i tworcy gry

Thanks Shmify and Shisui1! Glad to know you enjoy current balance! :) Don't worry. We plan to offer different game experience and will surely collect more feedback before changing anything on current regular map! 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MkV said:

First let me say the game is pretty balanced as it is, having said that there are a few tweaks that I feel would improve it.

1. For the most part, I think the units are balanced. I do think strategic bombers are too good versus everything. They should be very good vs buildings and poor vs everything else. (Sort of like Assault Guns) what I would do is add a unit (call it a tactical bomber like a Stuka) that had all of the stats of a strategic bomber except for vs buildings. The Strategic Bomber would then have all of its stats lowered except vs buildings. The game should make the player make decisions that have trade offs. Strategic bombers are so good they are a no brainer. Naval units are under used. This is primarily because strategic bombers are so good and cruiser aa is not area of effect. The tactical bombers might fix this without having the cruisers be area of effect. One thing you could try in addition is to give all ships except transport an aa factor. 

2. Another tweak I would love to see is with sea transports. I think they need to be able to supply their passengers the way a carrier does. The battle islands map has revealed that long distance trips in a sea transport results in hungry troops. This would make amphibious landings and the like more feasible. The ability to load league members troops would also be nice, but not as important as the supply

One piece of advice, bad play can make good units look bad and bad units look good. Not all balance issues are the units. Some of what's happening now is the current meta game is bomber spam.  This is mainly because most players haven't figured out how to stop it. This is slowly changing.  Also, the game has already had balance changes with the additions of the generals. Scheer for example has already made towed aa more useful, and Ramke has made the strat vs medium decision a little less no brainer. 

I like what you had to say but I'm pretty sure you can load transport ships on a carrier to resupply maybe I'm wrong though been awhile since I've been able to play. 

• Upvote 1