World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Waypoint system

Boredomfalls

With a massive undertaking currently going on to try and get world warfare out there more I would like to revisit this. It has been suggested multiple times by multiple users over the last year. 

This game is really high maintenance. I can respect that for what this game offers. If you're moving troops, especially air units, even more so. With an attempt to gain more players, a waypoint system would greatly assist in this. I understand you're going for realism. Well a general can easily say "move to this allied city, to streamline your movement to this allied city, which puts you in an impeccable position to attack this enemy city."

Everytime this was suggests the response has always been "you can draw a route." Well that great for the rare occasion it works, but it only works for 1 unit at time, and you can only draw a route for the distance arty can shoot. It's useless. And for the last few moths it hasnt worked at all. 

A waypoint system for this game is almost necessary due to movement speed and the size of the map. And it boggles my mind that over a year later it still hasn't even been slightly considered by devs. But they'll take away allied chat without a second thought over an imaginary issue. 

15 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

With a massive undertaking currently going on to try and get world warfare out there more I would like to revisit this. It has been suggested multiple times by multiple users over the last year. 

This game is really high maintenance. I can respect that for what this game offers. If you're moving troops, especially air units, even more so. With an attempt to gain more players, a waypoint system would greatly assist in this. I understand you're going for realism. Well a general can easily say "move to this allied city, to streamline your movement to this allied city, which puts you in an impeccable position to attack this enemy city."

Everytime this was suggests the response has always been "you can draw a route." Well that great for the rare occasion it works, but it only works for 1 unit at time, and you can only draw a route for the distance arty can shoot. It's useless. And for the last few moths it hasnt worked at all. 

A waypoint system for this game is almost necessary due to movement speed and the size of the map. And it boggles my mind that over a year later it still hasn't even been slightly considered by devs. But they'll take away allied chat without a second thought over an imaginary issue. 

A way point system was talked about a while ago. Don't know if it would be implemented or not but I do think it may cause lots of lag. Because currently, you only load part of the map that you are viewing with ur troops. With a way point system, the game would need to load certain areas of the map and keep them loaded as troops navigate the obstacles on land. I would really love this feature also but I don't think it will be implemented anytime soon

5 hours ago, Waffles said:

A way point system was talked about a while ago. Don't know if it would be implemented or not but I do think it may cause lots of lag. Because currently, you only load part of the map that you are viewing with ur troops. With a way point system, the game would need to load certain areas of the map and keep them loaded as troops navigate the obstacles on land. I would really love this feature also but I don't think it will be implemented anytime soon

Personally I don't see how it would make it more laggy since it already has to do that now. If I'm on one side of the map and I send my troops on a 2 hour March, then move to the other side of the map it still has to track that with or without a waypoint system.