World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jane

Chat Issue!!! (Update 4)

8 hours ago, Sykes said:

Just tried to send a message! It said chat server disconnected, connecting...

How about now? Still the same error message?

2 hours ago, Manson1975 said:

How about now? Still the same error message?

I am still getting the same message for league chat! 

Team and private chat appear to be working!

Chat is still lagging bad, so action I have taken to try to fix- 1st I checked to verify I was running most current version of game. 2nd I checked my phone updates to verify it wasn't a Samsung or att issue. 3rd I turn my phone off then back on. 4th I completed a hard turn of of my phone. 5th I checked game forum to verify there want a chat incident going on. 6th I Uninstaled the game and research down loaded the game same issue.  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy active 6 run android. Is there anything else I missed that I could try? If so let me know.  My commander name is WWP.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WWP said:

Chat is still lagging bad, so action I have taken to try to fix- 1st I checked to verify I was running most current version of game. 2nd I checked my phone updates to verify it wasn't a Samsung or att issue. 3rd I turn my phone off then back on. 4th I completed a hard turn of of my phone. 5th I checked game forum to verify there want a chat incident going on. 6th I Uninstaled the game and research down loaded the game same issue.  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy active 6 run android. Is there anything else I missed that I could try? If so let me know.  My commander name is WWP.

Hi. What do you mean by lagging? You can't receive messages you are supposed to get? Did it happen to specific channel or all channels? 

It happens in team chat and private chat, messages don't show up right away they don't appear right away it takes a few minutes to hours.  

13 hours ago, Jane said:

Hi. What do you mean by lagging? You can't receive messages you are supposed to get? Did it happen to specific channel or all channels? 

• Upvote 1

Bring ally chat back it's what the people want its democracy.  Socratic discussion's with multiple people  simultaneously enlightens the mind.  Ally chat  is the  very essence of liberty and the pursuit of happiness. l that's it  end of rant. #(LDX) Lifestyle

We the people are for the people 

On 2016/12/21 at 0:03 PM, CptCurlieone25 said:

I have a problem where I get notifications on old chats. Makes me think I have a urgent message when it's a hi from 3 weeks ago

Sorry its a known issue. :(

On 12/20/2016 at 11:49 AM, WWP said:

It happens in team chat and private chat, messages don't show up right away they don't appear right away it takes a few minutes to hours.  

Jane chat is still lagging. Screenshot_20170104-160556.png

Hello everyone, this is just a way to reach out asking anyone still encountering any of the several existing chat issues to post those issues here. This will be a way for us to continue to track these problems and maintain that conversation with the developers so we know when and what to update you on.

From my experience, developers work with many different departments utilizing several resources to resolve multiple issues related to an issue reported by players and the community in an update. However, not all issues get resolved so it ends up taking time over a course of a few updates, hotfixes, just whatever it takes to finally fix the issue.

With your help knowing what's still considered to be an issue with our chat system is crucial. Our developers work with a QA team to help with these issues, and we work with Support to help re-create the issue so we can see first-hand what's going on and what may be causing it to happen.

So, again, please let us know what issues you are facing with chat!!

• Upvote 1

Hi guys,

Another brief update pertaining to the ongoing chat issue. You may have noticed there is a feature that allows for the ability to copy chats. We have received numerous feedback reports and have been made aware of an issue where a chat message will appear in your chat box when scrolling through messages. This has been passed over to the developers and tech team, so that in the next update, this will be better optimized and we apologize for the inconvenience. Look for any additional updates here or within another forum thread by our moderators.

Included in the next update are these known bug fixes:

-Chat notifications do not disappear

-Chat switches automatically between BF chat and Main Screen chat 

-BF chat and League chat are not connected to chat server

if there are any other issues with chat we have not been made aware of, please let us know!

• Upvote 1

I am back again with the update. A fix went out with the 01/07/2017 iOS update that should now have fixed the main chat issues that were occurring with the last big update. Another update for Android that went out on 01/18/2017 should now have fixed these same chat issues, along with better optimization for our chat system and when scrolling through chat messages.

These updates should now be live in-game with their relative bug fixes and any other changes put into the game. Do let us know if you are still seeing any weird issues with chat which we may have missed or that was included into the latest update.

You can also refer to this link for a thread that covers what was in the update:  http://www.worldwarfare.com/topic/1473-update-on-182017/