• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jane

Chat Issue!!! (Update 4)

Commanders,

Update 4

We have fixed 3 main chat issues including:

1.Red dots are always there no matter if there are new messages.

2.Chat switches automatically to BF channle or Main Screen channel.

3.BF and League Channle can't connect to chat server in certain battlefield. 

We are waiting for approval from Apple and Google Play on the update. Plz update this game when its out! 

UPDATE 3

We are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant chat experience. The third party has been working hard to help us optimize it. We won't stop improving it. Previous chat system doesn't support  auto translate feature. That's why we can't change it back.Thanks a million for your support and patience. 

Our tech support has fixed the following issues once they found it. Now Google Play has released it and we are waiting for the approval of Apple. Please update it once it is out. 

-Fixed a bug where you could receive chats from battlefield/league you quit.
-Fixed a bug where game crashed when Contact Us was selected.

Now we received report that chat switches automatically to another chat with new messages. Our tech support is looking into it.
Thanks for your help commanders! 

We have received lots of feedback on chat issues. Actually we specially asked a third party app for help to fix previous chat lag issue. So didn't expect this coming. Sorry for the sufferings.

Now we have been collecting info for tech support to figure it out asap. Please report chat issues with screenshots here or via Contact Us and help us test it if possible. Any details may help and please sort the issue out according to following :

• Can't send messages out in all or certain chat channels. Always get "Message Failed" mark. Resent it but still didn't work. 

In this occasion, please help us with a test: change your internet form to another solid one and re-log in to see if it helps. Let us know the result. 

• Chat lags. It takes hours to get pm. 
  • Never get pm sent by my mates!

This issue is more complicated. It would be great if you can contact each other in another chat app for test. 

For sender,please tell us which one is your occasion at that time:

-Pm were sent successfully.
-Pm were sent successfully only after being resent several times. 
(For the second occasion, please help us test if you could send messages out successfully in other channels at that moment.)

For receiver:
Please ask others to send you pm and see if you can get messages from them successfully without lag.
Please notice if you can get that pm sent by your mates eventually. 

Thanks for your genuine support dear commanders! 

Update 1: Message Length

Update 2: Certain Words

• Upvote 1

Even with a solid restart on all systems in the home and the device and performing some LOLI's the chat issue for me is still the same. Seems to be during the high volume times of traffic so afternoon/early evening to midnight or so (EST for me) when majority are able to play after work or school etc. So you'll be able to send a small message easily like an emoji or a simple, quick response but when you throw a big one in there amidst a big conversation, it won't send.

Now the PM is funky. Tried to send a message to an ally who was in on a conversation on main. Told him PM was inbound after he successfully received one from another buddy, he didn't receive both I sent. We both performed a loli and same result. 

• Upvote 1

I have noticed that as long as you send messages in small sections, say 3-5 words per message, the chat will go through. Any longer than that, and it's as though the program can't get a full transmission of the data. I saw that you guys had said you hired a 3rd party to re-design the chat. I am a computer science major with a concentration in programming, so I have a few ideas on areas to check for the bug:

1) Check the packaging and transmission protocols. There may be an error that is limiting the packet sizes or that is having problems knowing what to do with data that is over a certain size limit. I say this because small messages are going through fine. Larger messages aren't. 

2) Check the text generators inside the chat windows itself. The programmers may not have allowed sufficient memory space for the program to be able to send everything that is typed into the chat box. It shows it, but the system itself may be having a memory issue behind the scenes that users don't see. (This is just me spitballing for ideas)

Also, while y'all are at it, can you look into why I have to close and reopen the game to get mail messages? That's getting kind of annoying as well. 

Thank you, and I love this game! Just hoping all the little issues can get worked out. 

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I have gotten on and have seen so many people talking about the bug with th chat. Then I realized it was happening to me so I hope you guys can find what is doing this and hopefully fix it .

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Barthel said:

Even with a solid restart on all systems in the home and the device and performing some LOLI's the chat issue for me is still the same. Seems to be during the high volume times of traffic so afternoon/early evening to midnight or so (EST for me) when majority are able to play after work or school etc. So you'll be able to send a small message easily like an emoji or a simple, quick response but when you throw a big one in there amidst a big conversation, it won't send.

Now the PM is funky. Tried to send a message to an ally who was in on a conversation on main. Told him PM was inbound after he successfully received one from another buddy, he didn't receive both I sent. We both performed a loli and same result. 

4 hours ago, ReaperSixx9 said:

I have noticed that as long as you send messages in small sections, say 3-5 words per message, the chat will go through. Any longer than that, and it's as though the program can't get a full transmission of the data. I saw that you guys had said you hired a 3rd party to re-design the chat. I am a computer science major with a concentration in programming, so I have a few ideas on areas to check for the bug:

1) Check the packaging and transmission protocols. There may be an error that is limiting the packet sizes or that is having problems knowing what to do with data that is over a certain size limit. I say this because small messages are going through fine. Larger messages aren't. 

2) Check the text generators inside the chat windows itself. The programmers may not have allowed sufficient memory space for the program to be able to send everything that is typed into the chat box. It shows it, but the system itself may be having a memory issue behind the scenes that users don't see. (This is just me spitballing for ideas)

Also, while y'all are at it, can you look into why I have to close and reopen the game to get mail messages? That's getting kind of annoying as well. 

Thank you, and I love this game! Just hoping all the little issues can get worked out. 

Thanks for your help guys! Just did some tests in pm chat. Yeah. Easier to send messages in small sections. I had to cut a message into three or four parts in order to send it out. 

Have already got it forwarded to our devs. We will contact the third party to look into it asap. 

The mail issue will be fixed in next version. Sorry for inconvenience. 

• Upvote 2

I have been testing the chat fooling around earlier  and figured only short sentences or 5 words or less will only work to send. As soon as I confirmed it. I posted in mainscreen and contacted  "Contact us" about the issue. Along with other tabs that weren't working. 

The private chat never works properly but I think when your in the game for 15 minutes + the private chat shows msgs to you but will have to wait for the spiral loading thing to stop and send msgs.( 5words or less) in private chat. Also if it doesn't load. Bring up the keyboard and press any letter. The spiral loading thing will come up and wait for the msgs to load . Like forcing it to load instead of waiting. 

League chat loads first then global and main screen . Then team chat and last will be private chat.

it could be just me but when I'm not in chat and reading the msg in down left corner I only see half row. 2nd row of words is not shown but still see little white tips from letters ..

sharing coordinates work most of the times. But it's that spiral loading thing that you have to wait for to stop and send. 

Hope this helps. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jane said:

Thanks for your help guys! Just did some tests in pm chat. Yeah. Easier to send messages in small sections. I had to cut a message into three or four parts in order to send it out. 

Have already got it forwarded to our devs. We will contact the third party to look into it asap. 

The mail issue will be fixed in next version. Sorry for inconvenience. 

Florian told me that Jane or Lily will check such issue and will work over it ;) and here you r writing about this bug :) and  all what guys wrote above is the same which i had wrote before in the below link but they even described the problems even more clearer than me :) 

So we are waiting to get such bugs fixed as soon as possible Jane :)

• Upvote 1

Sent some screenshots to lily last night while doing some chat testing. Can max at 7 words so not sure if it's a character limit or a word limit with the coding but that's the general cut off. 

• Upvote 1

Guys, there was an update today early morning and i had noticed that after such update or system maintenance the chatting system became more better and my all long sentenced had been sent successfuly :) did anyone notice that? 

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to throw this out there to ALL of the joycrafter team. They deff worked their butts off to get us a hot fix and so far seems to be holding up pretty well. Yeah there's still some issues, we can all do our best to keep them updated with information for the issues so they can better fix it, but point being, the speed of the fix for well let's face it.....the entire community whining and complaining about it... I give them kudos. Just reaffirms the fact that this team cares about its community and the players. You really don't see that type of support or commitment from other developers. 

Lets all take just a quick second to say thank you! Less headaches now ?

• Upvote 1

On 2016/10/20 at 5:20 AM, osos4ever said:

Guys, there was an update today early morning and i had noticed that after such update or system maintenance the chatting system became more better and my all long sentenced had been sent successfuly :) did anyone notice that? 

On 2016/10/20 at 6:08 AM, Barthel said:

Just wanted to throw this out there to ALL of the joycrafter team. They deff worked their butts off to get us a hot fix and so far seems to be holding up pretty well. Yeah there's still some issues, we can all do our best to keep them updated with information for the issues so they can better fix it, but point being, the speed of the fix for well let's face it.....the entire community whining and complaining about it... I give them kudos. Just reaffirms the fact that this team cares about its community and the players. You really don't see that type of support or commitment from other developers. 

Lets all take just a quick second to say thank you! Less headaches now ?

Thanks for the updated info!! ;)

My iPad I play on I usually usain bolt fast than the chat lag is so bad when I type it takes a good ten seconds for it to load. Typing this right now I have no problems but in game I beg to differ. P.S game is more laggy with the new update. P.P.S I HATE amethysts 

• Upvote 2

On 2016/10/22 at 8:20 AM, Supehooman said:

My iPad I play on I usually usain bolt fast than the chat lag is so bad when I type it takes a good ten seconds for it to load. Typing this right now I have no problems but in game I beg to differ. P.S game is more laggy with the new update. P.P.S I HATE amethysts 

Several other players also noticed this issue. If possible, please send here a screenshot. Thanks Supehooman.

On 10/18/2016 at 0:24 AM, Jane said:

Commanders,

We have received lots of feedback on chat issues. Actually we specially asked a third party app for help to fix previous chat lag issue. So didn't expect this coming. Sorry for the sufferings.

Now we have been collecting info for tech support to figure it out asap. Please report chat issues with screenshots here or via Contact Us and help us test it if possible. Any details may help and please sort the issue out according to following :

• Can't send messages out in all or certain chat channels. Always get "Message Failed" mark. Resent it but still didn't work. 

In this occasion, please help us with a test: change your internet form to another solid one and re-log in to see if it helps. Let us know the result. 

• Chat lags. It takes hours to get pm. 
  • Never get pm sent by my mates!

This issue is more complicated. It would be great if you can contact each other in another chat app for test. 

For sender,please tell us which one is your occasion at that time:

-Pm were sent successfully.
-Pm were sent successfully only after being resent several times. 
(For the second occasion, please help us test if you could send messages out successfully in other channels at that moment.)

For receiver:
Please ask others to send you pm and see if you can get messages from them successfully without lag.
Please notice if you can get that pm sent by your mates eventually. 

Thanks for your genuine support dear commanders! 

Update 1: Message Length
Our tech support found that there is character limit for each message. We have contacted the third party to make them aware of this issue and fix it asap. Will keep you guys updated and thanks for your help!

Update 2: Certain Words

With players' help, our tech support found that certain words may be the reason why we failed to send a message out. Take Chinese for example, as long as your message contains the character "进", then you can never send that message out unless you remove it.

We have been trying to find this kind of certain words in English as well as other languages. If you failed to send a message out, please offer screenshots to us via Contact Us. We will test on it. 

I'm Still Getting The Same Problem After I Changed My WiFi And Updated The Game. I Keep Getting The "Message Failed" Mark In Everything I Send :(

• Upvote 1

On 2016/10/30 at 2:30 AM, Yoshi888 said:

I'm Still Getting The Same Problem After I Changed My WiFi And Updated The Game. I Keep Getting The "Message Failed" Mark In Everything I Send :(

Hi. So you can definitely not send messages out in any channels or in most cases? Can you receive messages from others? 

On 10/31/2016 at 4:44 AM, Jane said:

Hi. So you can definitely not send messages out in any channels or in most cases? Can you receive messages from others? 

I Can Recieve Messages From Others But I Can Not Send Them To Any Channels 

I can't send chats in any channel. Every single attempt fails. I have patiently waited through several updates designed to "fix" this issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail. I can send email in game, just not chat. 

Possibly related, I cannot receive email when I get the notification if I am in a battle field. I have to leave the battle field and go to the main screen to get the emailed message. In game notifications come in normally, just mail from another player has this issue.

Please fix, it's running the fellowship aspect of being on a team.

On 2016/11/2 at 7:20 AM, Yoshi888 said:

I Can Recieve Messages From Others But I Can Not Send Them To Any Channels 

Have you ever made it to send msg out with this chat system? Please tell me your in game name. 

On 2016/11/2 at 9:44 AM, Dorkchop said:

I can't send chats in any channel. Every single attempt fails. I have patiently waited through several updates designed to "fix" this issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail. I can send email in game, just not chat. 

Possibly related, I cannot receive email when I get the notification if I am in a battle field. I have to leave the battle field and go to the main screen to get the emailed message. In game notifications come in normally, just mail from another player has this issue.

Please fix, it's running the fellowship aspect of being on a team.

Have you ever made it to send msg out with this chat system? Please tell me your in game name. 

Mail issue is a known one. Hope it can be fixed in coming version.

YoshiTheFetus

13 hours ago, Jane said:

YoshiTheFetus 

14 hours ago, Jane said:

I could send chats when I originally started, it was an update that killed it fire me. My in-game name is TheDorkChop

11 hours ago, Dorkchop said:

I could send chats when I originally started, it was an update that killed it fire me. My in-game name is TheDorkChop

I can send as many as possible.

• Upvote 1

FYI - One of my members cannot use chat at all. The rest of us are struggling badly. Private Chat either doesn't show up... Or shows up late. Messages in team chat and main sometimes end up with red dot error notification of un-sent. Sometimes when we click re-send it still ends up not going through. Sometimes it looks like it went through but then 15 min later the message we sent then appears with red dot. 

It's extremely frustrating. And seems to be getting worse now. We are using KiK chat more and more but it's not convenient to keep switching back and forth between apps.

how hard is it to simply FIRE the third party idiots who ruined chat... And then reset it back to how it was before? Before developers updated it, they MUST have kept a file of the software/program which was already in use with the game for a year straight. Just take it back to how it was before and scrap whatever stupid changes were made. New chat is a failure and cannot be fixed or saved. Get rid of it and go back to previous version. League chat option is great, but not at the expense of all this suffering. Just go back to how it was and then slowly work on adding the "league chat" option later once it can be tested and checked properly.

Thank You,

-Zeus

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2016 at 5:48 PM, KingCB said:

FYI - One of my members cannot use chat at all. The rest of us are struggling badly. Private Chat either doesn't show up... Or shows up late. Messages in team chat and main sometimes end up with red dot error notification of un-sent. Sometimes when we click re-send it still ends up not going through. Sometimes it looks like it went through but then 15 min later the message we sent then appears with red dot. 

It's extremely frustrating. And seems to be getting worse now. We are using KiK chat more and more but it's not convenient to keep switching back and forth between apps.

how hard is it to simply FIRE the third party idiots who ruined chat... And then reset it back to how it was before? Before developers updated it, they MUST have kept a file of the software/program which was already in use with the game for a year straight. Just take it back to how it was before and scrap whatever stupid changes were made. New chat is a failure and cannot be fixed or saved. Get rid of it and go back to previous version. League chat option is great, but not at the expense of all this suffering. Just go back to how it was and then slowly work on adding the "league chat" option later once it can be tested and checked properly.

Thank You,

-Zeus

Same.... Same Can't Communicate With My League Mates :( When Someone Needs Me I Don't Receive Shizzles 

• Upvote 2