World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Making World Warfare more known to the public

JaiJaiFerDayzz

well I was on a cadet map with a player who had been playing this game for some time and joined another league that had a player who was just "the boss but didn't even show up on the board. This player had 4 medals or badges so obviously well established coaching my only other team mate on the board and already established alliance with most of the top players.

How is a cadet or noob going to discover the game going up against that.

As for tutorials I'll watch some when I get stuck, but I shouldn't have these grand puppet masters overseeing the match and giving me little choice but to assimilate or waste my time trying

DO you understand what I said when the league I was in had very few active players and a ton of surrenders and abandoned bases...   Its because a few players who where well established bullied most of them away.  YAY isn't that fun..

I also am fully aware of the real time RTS genre.. Its why I chose this game and deleted 100 others

But again... I want to learn by playing establishing my own way making my own way but not if i have to always face experienced players starting new accounts or controlling the game behind the scense

I also am fully aware of the real time RTS genre. Thats what I love too.. Its why I chose this game and deleted 100 others

But again... I want to learn by playing againt equal skill to begin with while establishing my own way and own alliances. I do not want to face off against experienced players starting new accounts or controlling the game behind the scenes on my 1st match, or my 1st dozen.. 

I'm also a bit perplexed as a moderator you told me this might not be the game for me when its clearly a topic of  concern, and I am here to give you my experience. My enjoyment was ruined by the fact that the cadet league was being run by players with lots of experience. I would never of been able to put in the hours and stand against majority of players who were all allied and the rest inactive and surrendering without barely doing much in the game before making that decision

I prefer the honest approach, this game isn't for everyone. No shame in saying that. The first step in my opinion is to make sure you know what your getting into. If knowing some of the realities of the game, you're still interested, then we move on from there.

Just because a player has badges doesn't mean hes experienced, a better indication is to examine his profile. That can be a little misleading though because people do create new accounts and farm newbs in cadet matches. It's pitiful, but it happens. Depending on how many hours you played, you maybe able to surrender out and start a new cadet game. If not, you have a couple of options of getting back into one. the first and easiest is to  use the guest account feature by logging out and logging in to a guest account (Providing you tied your game to either a game center or Facebook account, if you haven't, you need to in order to not lose your main account)

Inactive leagues and surrendered players are very typical of cadet games. This game is easy to play but fairly difficult to master. It's also, like I said, not for everyone. Some people start a cadet game and never play more than a short time. Others cant deal with the brutality of the pvp.  Different strokes for different folks. 

I'd give you some game play advice but you prefer to learn your own way, and that's perfectly fine.

Good Luck

• Upvote 1

We'll see how the next match goes I plan on going in solo and trying to meet some players along the way forming a league or joining a league.. That's the fun part.. Growing something and moving upwards

As a Noob to this game but pretty experienced with strategy games (although this one is deeper than most) I would offer my experience of where I felt was crappy. Felt like i was playing against players with way more experience whom had already allied up forcing  a huge map exodus and my only choice way to join them or grind like a mofo for what was surely a loss me needing to still learn this game and all.

I'm going to tough it out a little, try again, but ask yourself how many do not and will not because of that 1st impression ?

Oh and whens the next cadet map starting ??? and how do I know front just says battlefield and then a league event 

Edited by FunkenA

I agree with MkV. This game is not for everyone and it takes some time to master. Another point I would like to add is that people are people. And some people like to be annoying and obnoxious. Wherever you go you will find people like this and there is nothing you can do. But besides that, FunkenA, you talk about about two different extremes. You join one league that has no active players. And join a league that (may or may not have active players) but allied with the rest of the field. Not every battlefield is like that. At this very moment I am In a perfect battlefield. I am in a league bf with 7 guys. We are going up against a league with 16 and a league with 11 guys. Why is it perfect? Because all the guys I am fighting with are active. I'm not surrounded by surrendered people. Or allies. And we are kicking azz! 

My point is that you probably haven't played this game for long enough to experience all of the aspects that it offers. And you can only learn with time AND DEFEAT. All the best players in this game talk about how they got good because of losing to players even better than themselves. I agree, sometimes it can be frustrating. I saved and spent 8k amethyst  in one battlefield. Just to go and get wiped on on day 6. It pissed me off. But i learned from it. (I hate navy but it's strong af). 

I leave you by by saying this,

If you keep playing it will help you in the long run. The more you play the better you get and sooner or later you will find the perfect league. Then you can destroy shit as much as you want and have a great time doing it. 

But this is not me forcing you to play this game, if you don't want to spend the time then ok. It's not the Perfect game for you. 

the might not be for you again speech.

Just put yourself in any 1st time players shoes. Most of them don't other coming to forum to tell you why they quit. But if you want players to stick around and get hooked then you got to ease them in some IMO.

Maybe my experience was unique and the next will be much different.. 1st impressions is what keeps any gamer around.

Hopefully the next map works but the one I was on was a disaster IMO.. controlled by a few in then know.

I'll discuss quick basic strategy in another thread.

We'll see how the next match goes I plan on going in solo and trying to meet some players along the way forming a league or joining a league.. That's the fun part.. Growing something and moving upwards

As a Noob to this game but pretty experienced with strategy games (although this one is deeper than most) I would offer my experience of where I felt was crappy. Felt like i was playing against players with way more experience whom had already allied up forcing  a huge map exodus and my only choice way to join them or grind like a mofo for what was surely a loss me needing to still learn this game and all.

I'm going to tough it out a little, try again, but ask yourself how many do not and will not because of that 1st impression ?

Oh and whens the next cadet map starting ??? and how do I know front just says battlefield and then a league event 

I agree, that is absolutely the fun part. In that respect this game can, and has been for me, very rewarding

I'm not affiliated with the game developers in any way, I just help with the forums, but I know your feedback is appreciated. They do read them and many of the ideas posted here have made their way into the game.

I don't know how many have left, but i don't tend to worry about stuff i cant control. FWIW I disagree with the cadet match concept. When I started the came was before cadet matches. It was rough, but at least you could get help from the experienced players. (Often as they were destroying you. I lost my capital twice in my first game. lol) As it is now, you either have nothing but newbs, who cant really help each other, or experienced scumbags who wont help. (If they were, they wouldn't be in  a cadet match killing newbs).

A cadet map starts as soon as the current one fills up. There are 260 players on a map. I cant say how often that is because I don't really have a lot of experience on one. The times I mentioned in an earlier post are for normal maps.

I agree, that is absolutely the fun part. In that respect this game can, and has been for me, very rewarding

I'm not affiliated with the game developers in any way, I just help with the forums, but I know your feedback is appreciated. They do read them and many of the ideas posted here have made their way into the game.

I don't know how many have left, but i don't tend to worry about stuff i cant control. FWIW I disagree with the cadet match concept. When I started the came was before cadet matches. It was rough, but at least you could get help from the experienced players. (Often as they were destroying you. I lost my capital twice in my first game. lol) As it is now, you either have nothing but newbs, who cant really help each other, or experienced scumbags who wont help. (If they were, they wouldn't be in  a cadet match killing newbs).

A cadet map starts as soon as the current one fills up. There are 260 players on a map. I cant say how often that is because I don't really have a lot of experience on one. The times I mentioned in an earlier post are for normal maps.

I am in the same boat MkV. Iv been here for a while but just started on the forums, and I don't have any sort of "in" with the devs as you mentioned. Just conversations within the app, I just want to see the app get to the potential I know it's capable of. One piece of advice I would tell you Funken, is ask experienced players for advice. I am still asking questions and I have had this app basically from the beginning.  

I honestly think this is the best way to get people interested in this game, a 1on1 tutorial with an experienced player. Noobs vs Noobs doesn't get anywhere, and when you have an experienced player with a new alt account then the idea of cadet battles goes down the drain. I know it's impossible for each new player to somehow get taught by an experienced one but it would be the most effective way to teach people about the app. 

The best I can do for you is offer you a spot in the league I am in. BattlingBastardS . My user is Pluto2, friend me I can teach you a thing or two.

I am in the same boat MkV. Iv been here for a while but just started on the forums, and I don't have any sort of "in" with the devs as you mentioned. Just conversations within the app, I just want to see the app get to the potential I know it's capable of. One piece of advice I would tell you Funken, is ask experienced players for advice. I am still asking questions and I have had this app basically from the beginning.  

I honestly think this is the best way to get people interested in this game, a 1on1 tutorial with an experienced player. Noobs vs Noobs doesn't get anywhere, and when you have an experienced player with a new alt account then the idea of cadet battles goes down the drain. I know it's impossible for each new player to somehow get taught by an experienced one but it would be the most effective way to teach people about the app. 

The best I can do for you is offer you a spot in the league I am in. BattlingBastardS . My user is Pluto2, friend me I can teach you a thing or two.

I dont think you were in that match, but we just fought you guys a game back Pluto, I have to say we were impressed. Your buddies worked well together. 

I dont think you were in that match, but we just fought you guys a game back Pluto, I have to say we were impressed. Your buddies worked well together. 

haha yes, they may not be the brightest old men, but they get the job done. 

(They talk about that match all the time) 

• Upvote 1

I really love this game and the depth it offers.  No doubt there is a better than most game here by a long shot. I have installed 100 of them and uninstalled most of them for no substance.

Just expected it to be a little softer and more gradual for a 1st time player. And as I mentioned there were white flags and abandoned bases littered over the field, which re-enforced my thought that others are struggling with the jump in with both feet game as well. Not everyone wants to rush and jump into a league..I wasn't expecting to have to so early ( less than 2 days )

Trying to figure out how this works and when I can get a new fresh start. 

I really love this game and the depth it offers.  No doubt there is a better than most game here by a long shot. I have installed 100 of them and uninstalled most of them for no substance.

Just expected it to be a little softer and more gradual for a 1st time player. And as I mentioned there were white flags and abandoned bases littered over the field, which re-enforced my thought that others are struggling with the jump in with both feet game as well. Not everyone wants to rush and jump into a league..I wasn't expecting to have to so early ( less than 2 days )

Trying to figure out how this works and when I can get a new fresh start. 

Recommend the tutorial on youtube.

This game is definitely hard on new players. Personally, i think the cadet games make it worse since there are no experienced players to help out with advice. 

As for the depth, my friend, you are in for a pleasant surprise. Ive been gaming for decades and ive not seen a game blend strategy, tactics, operations, logistics, production, and diplomacy as well as this one. Having said that, its not perfect. New player retention being one of its flaws and my pet peeves. (Hense the tutorial)

As for leagues, they are foundational to the game. Even if you want to solo, you should form a league so you can convert and use a league city. Many of the most effective armaments are only available from league cities.

• Upvote 2

Recommend the tutorial on youtube.

This game is definitely hard on new players. Personally, i think the cadet games make it worse since there are no experienced players to help out with advice. 

As for the depth, my friend, you are in for a pleasant surprise. Ive been gaming for decades and ive not seen a game blend strategy, tactics, operations, logistics, production, and diplomacy as well as this one. Having said that, its not perfect. New player retention being one of its flaws and my pet peeves. (Hense the tutorial)

As for leagues, they are foundational to the game. Even if you want to solo, you should form a league so you can convert and use a league city. Many of the most effective armaments are only available from league cities.

I kinda disagree if you leave lower level players alone and let them work there way up over a longer period of time they figure it out, to me that's the best part of a new game, the journey and discovery of something cool.. I was figuring it out fast. I was in 4th place on the map in the process of setting up a supply chain to the front lines of a the player i was talking to. ( the reality is it was all abandoned and NPC cities that got me there ) working solo when and I was working on an alliance behind the scenes only to find out That this player joined a new league and their leader who wasn't even on the map allied with rest of the top league on the map. Being hand held and forced to be a part of league as the only recourse for survival is bit of a turn off for me. I just felt if it was a true noob map without interference from experience players I would of had so much more fun learning the game. I like to learn through experience.. that just the way I do everything in life

The only thing that made it rough on me was the entire map being allied and experienced leagues lining up to take me out because I was quickly becoming a force,.. Only to find out the other 4 players top players had allied and hardly anyone else was even really putting much effort into the map IMO.. Hence the white flags and abandon bases

I HONESTLY think new player retention is low because you either join the establishment or get bullied. Players want to form their own bonds over time not be forced into it for basic survival within 48 hours of their 1st match. That's not enough time to learn any game. The only reason I'm sticking around is I can see the depth of the game and I miserably deleted so many other games for not offering this experience.

Future suggestion is to maybe open up super small cadet maps that don't allow any interference. I think the only reason the game is rough on noobs is because they aren't allowing noobs a proper way of progressing . Maybe add a lower league where noob leagues can be only 5 players at most on a much smaller map so noobs can get turned onto the complexities through experiences and forum discussions / youtube / wiki help and learn some strategy and form those bonds / allies on their own. As it stands that really does not exist from what I saw on my 1st map. That's what frustrated me as I expected a learning curve for all the players on my map.

I kinda disagree if you leave lower level players alone and let them work there way up over a longer period of time they figure it out, to me that's the best part of a new game, the journey and discovery of something cool.. I was figuring it out fast. I was in 4th place on the map in the process of setting up a supply chain to the front lines of a the player i was talking to. ( the reality is it was all abandoned and NPC cities that got me there ) working solo when and I was working on an alliance behind the scenes only to find out That this player joined a new league and their leader who wasn't even on the map allied with rest of the top league on the map. Being hand held and forced to be a part of league as the only recourse for survival is bit of a turn off for me. I just felt if it was a true noob map without interference from experience players I would of had so much more fun learning the game. I like to learn through experience.. that just the way I do everything in life

The only thing that made it rough on me was the entire map being allied and experienced leagues lining up to take me out because I was quickly becoming a force,.. Only to find out the other 4 players top players had allied and hardly anyone else was even really putting much effort into the map IMO.. Hence the white flags and abandon bases

I HONESTLY think new player retention is low because you either join the establishment or get bullied. Players want to form their own bonds over time not be forced into it for basic survival within 48 hours of their 1st match. That's not enough time to learn any game. The only reason I'm sticking around is I can see the depth of the game and I miserably deleted so many other games for not offering this experience.

Future suggestion is to maybe open up super small cadet maps that don't allow any interference. I think the only reason the game is rough on noobs is because they aren't allowing noobs a proper way of progressing . Maybe add a lower league where noob leagues can be only 5 players at most on a much smaller map so noobs can get turned onto the complexities through experiences and forum discussions / youtube / wiki help and learn some strategy and form those bonds / allies on their own. As it stands that really does not exist from what I saw on my 1st map. That's what frustrated me as I expected a learning curve for all the players on my map.

We agree to disagree :)

• 4 months later...