World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What armament would YOU like to see in the game?

Guest Manson1975

Guest Manson1975

September 21th, 1942.

U.S. B-29 Superfortress makes its debut flight in Seattle.
In fear of the German attack from the eastern coast of the U.S., this four-engine heavy bomber was created by Boeing, the B-29 can fly at altitudes of 30,000 to 40,000 feet, carry over 9000kg of bombs, It was the largest bomber used in the war by any nation.

Commanders, summon your league members to create this monster from the League Munition factory, and rain death upon your enemy!

B-29_in_flight.jpg

• Guest pinned this topic

image.jpeg

Flak 36/37 being produced in limited numbers and capable of the dual role for Anti-Tank and Anti-Air.  Imagine seeing a city with a defense matrix of just a couple 8.8mm flaks setup around causing the incoming formations do scatter and reform. I think it's time we, well the devs, implement one of the true dual role devastators for the time period. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Manson1975
10 minutes ago, Barthel said:

image.jpeg

Flak 36/37 being produced in limited numbers and capable of the dual role for Anti-Tank and Anti-Air.  Imagine seeing a city with a defense matrix of just a couple 8.8mm flaks setup around causing the incoming formations do scatter and reform. I think it's time we, well the devs, implement one of the true dual role devastators for the time period. 

Lol, i thought this was a Flak 88..

10 minutes ago, Barthel said:

image.jpeg

Lol, i thought this was a Flak 88..

That what the flak 36 is. It's the 8.8 cm flak cannon. 88 was just a nickname. The first generations of the cannon were the flak 18/36/37. Years respective obviously.

The second and last generation was the flak 41 which basically sucked and only a couple dozen were made. 

Edited by Barthel
  • Upvote 1

Guest Manson1975
19 minutes ago, Barthel said:

That what the flak 36 is. It's the 8.8 cm flak cannon. 88 was just a nickname. The first generations of the cannon were the flak 18/36/37. Years respective obviously.

The second and last generation was the flak 41 which basically sucked and only a couple dozen were made. 

Thanks for the knowledge, I didn't know that before:)

That's our purpose isn't it? To spread the knowledge unto others :) 

but yeah back to my suggestion. I personally would freaking love to see an 88 deployable. I would suggest keeping it as a regular army unit but a very very high tiered one at that. Maybe level 12 factory? Only reason I suggest such a high start is because let's face it, if you can produce tigers with the same exact cannon, why not be able to produce a defensive unit just about equaled to the tiger. Obviously game stats would not match real world, but I would much rather have a band of 88s down the line at a higher city level than a plethora of AT and bofors sitting around. This consolidation of the dual role into such a vital historical unit like the flak would be impressive on this game. 

Also picture this. Imagine your traversing the map as we all do, and encounter a random waffen patrol. Yeah well this time it's not a tiger ace, or a resource vehicle. Instead a static 88 with a couple lighter units around it. That would be such an awesome and terrifying fight through the fog of war. The katies rockets are sitting at around 300 and that's the rockets. Think about the 88s range combined with a scout. Good lord I'm not saying make it like 500 but we can keep it somewhat crazy because this thing was designed to be anti-air shooting miles into the sky :) my total .25 cents into this topic. I just see the Flak being a very decent armament to add to bring just another level of historical value and realism to the game. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

The City turrets are actually this here.

They were known to be extremely hard to destroy and the few that got destroyed where by ground forces at night time. If you want to know more look up the history of German Flak Tower. Here is the link to learn more and why they are using this.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak_tower. Bottom picture is the League City Turrets.  Hope you all Enjoy this..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 5

• Guest unpinned this topic
On October 15, 2016 at 0:53 PM, Outlaw85 said:

The City turrets are actually this here.

They were known to be extremely hard to destroy and the few that got destroyed where by ground forces at night time. If you want to know more look up the history of German Flak Tower. Here is the link to learn more and why they are using this.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak_tower. Bottom picture is the League City Turrets.  Hope you all Enjoy this..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I never knew those were an actual thing dam!

• Upvote 2

• Guest pinned this topic

I was actually waiting for someone to bring the ratte up. Only thing is how would you honestly incorporate this into the game? The ratte shouldnt be a deployable unit by a player. I mean come on, look at its specs so if you want to just pwn for days. You'll have the ratte as it moves like a snail across the map...

BUT the main point is it was only ever a fantasy by hilter and Speer ended up cancelling the project. If there was an actual prototype built I would say, consider adding it as a boss unit or something equal to the HQ but since it's only ever been on paper no go.

Of course this is purely my opinion :D 

On September 22, 2016 at 1:44 AM, Barthel said:

image.jpeg

I was thinking about this yesterday and thought "hey it can hit ground and air yes please" if this is added plz make it a monument armerment

Florian if the "acht-acht" is implemented it would be far more devasting then the self propelled AA. And that's historically speaking too. The problem would be creating the unit itself because it was usually always towed behind a half track because of its weight.  Luckily in emergency situations(with the later, heavier carriage) the 88 can fire without having to be deployed but it's far more accurate and effective when given the two and a half minutes to deploy each of its axles and take aim at a target. I personally love the 88 since the Tigers turret has the 88 cannon as its main armament. Badass much? 

• Upvote 2

• Guest unpinned this topic