World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ranking and Scoring Systems

Waffles

Rank and Scoring Methods  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey all,

Recently there has been a lot of talk about two primary issues, the scoring system and the gems/ gem spending in cup, the spending can be tackled in another post maybe sometime in the future and there seems to be a common consensus anyway; I wanted to now take on the challenge of sorting out the scoring/ranking system. Its true the loudest voices complain about the current system and propose we go back to the old system but the loudest doesn't always mean the majority, for this reason I have attached a poll to this post. The poll is anonymous so you can feel free to voice your opinion in any way without fear of people attacking you if you like the current system. Now if you don't like either system, feel free to invent your own system! Don't hesitate from putting up a new system for consideration, however, if you do choose other, please be courteous and actually provide your own ideas.

~Waffles

• Upvote 3

I didn't grab a screen cap right at the end but you see my score, the player that ended up grabbing first lagged behind all game and did a blitz at the end to grab two cities to snag first. I'm not complaining at all I had a blast but with a total score of about 250k or such and level 40 when the  other players is easily 100k score below and multiple levels yet the last push at the very very end got him first. I think the score overall should decide if you win. Just finding the right equation I guess

image.png

image.png

I voted top for a reason people around me are never active so I have to deal with TRASH! Scores. That is a problem in its self but if we convert back to the old I might not ever get a chance to win>:(:Angry-min:

10 hours ago, Florian said:

Thank You lord and savior! I have been waiting all this time for a post from a moderator!

RIP Eugene.

The old system was ok. Better than the new system but it had some flaws. The problem as I see it is the devs changed too many things in one update. They changed the scoring to the new system, they added the command center where we could buy flags, and they changed everyone to hostile default.

Making everyone hostile to start was a good change in my opinion. It helps most people get past the "farmville" mentality and actually get some shooting started without feeling like there needs to be some justification to declare war. To the aggressive leagues it didn't matter, but it did to the majority.

The ability to purchase flags was a huge change and had an enormous impact on game play. Now leagues could sustain offensives and capture territory unheard of before the change. Just this change alone would have an enormous impact on scoring in the old system. 

The one thing I do like that changed was the removal of the League bonus from the individual score. Removing it altogether was bad though because it basically made monuments irrelevant. Putting it back in the league score should crank up some of those epic monument fights again.

My suggestion is as follows:

Revert back to the old scoring system with the exception of the league bonus. Have that reflected in the league score, but not the individual. Keep the auto hostile and command center. This is where, imo, we should have been after the "update". Is this going to be perfect? Probably not. But it would be far better than what we have now. 

• Upvote 4