World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jane

Big News! Tournament S2 Coming!

Commanders,

With couple weeks of break, Tournament S2 is finally coming! In this season we firstly opened the promotion channel. Top 5 leagues in Bronze Cup of Season 1 are qualified for Silver Cup this season to compete against all powerful leagues!!! Congrats to CrushCrew, WARMACHINE, Totenkopf, DETCORD2 and AthensWarriors! Will they become dark horses and bring us big surprise? Will the situation of silver cup be raging like a storm? Let's look forward to it!

Besides, all new formed leagues will be able to join Bronze Cup to complete for champion and may possibly be qualified for the Silver Cup of next season! Who will  stand out from the intense competition?

Rules:
l Opening Time: PDT 15:00, EDT 18:00, UTC 22:00 on every Friday.
l Closing Time: PDT 15:00, EDT 18:00, UTC 22:00 on every Saturday.
l Duration: Sept 16th to Oct. 8th (Each round opens at every Friday, 4 rounds in total).
l Silver Cup: 
1.Qualified leagues for Silver Cup last season
2.Top 5 leagues in Bronze Cup last season
l Bronze Cup: All the other leagues.

Requirements:
l A battlefield will be opened only if at least 4 league teams join the tournament.
l Each league can only have ONE team participate in the tournament.
l Each league team must have a full roster of 6 players.

What will happen in Season 2? What mysterious rewards are waiting for us? Please stay tuned!

• Upvote 4

Will there be a gem limit?  I know many leagues do not plan to participate if the field is dictated only by those willing to pay enough to win.

• Upvote 6

Yes I like the HAVE to have 6 people to join now. I won't be left alone! I'm super excited. I have been recruiting selective players awaiting this! 

Last time there was two active 8th members In the tournament overall and ultimately down to just me after everyone quit on me. Well by myself I got 34th place. Not this time! I'll take 33rd thank you very much :D

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, RJ1 said:

Will there be a gem limit?  I know many leagues do not plan to participate if the field is dictated only by those willing to pay enough to win.

I didn't participate in the first season. I heard this was a problem and that it kind of ruined the spirit of competition. I am of the opinion that when you have a competition that gems should be allowed at all. Yes I know you need to make money for the game but when the rewards are high and prestige is on the line and you are writing forum post honoring the winners and creating special medals in game for the top leagues, then it should go to the BEST leagues, NOT the leagues that paid the most. Again I didn't play in season 1, but I have played in the league games before and during those games there were no daily ranking rewards. That is great, that keeps the competitors equil. IMO it should be the same for the use of gems. This is a war game that is built around strategy and tactics, if you don't have either then you shouldn't be able to make it up with money, NOT during a competition. If you truly want to have people respect the Tournament winners, than this is how you MUST run your tournament. And for the people who complain about not being able to use gems, then they DEFINITELY do not need to be the winners especially in the Silver Cup.

7 minutes ago, SnakeEater said:

I didn't participate in the first season. I heard this was a problem and that it kind of ruined the spirit of competition. I am of the opinion that when you have a competition that gems should be allowed at all. Yes I know you need to make money for the game but when the rewards are high and prestige is on the line and you are writing forum post honoring the winners and creating special medals in game for the top leagues, then it should go to the BEST leagues, NOT the leagues that paid the most. Again I didn't play in season 1, but I have played in the league games before and during those games there were no daily ranking rewards. That is great, that keeps the competitors equil. IMO it should be the same for the use of gems. This is a war game that is built around strategy and tactics, if you don't have either then you shouldn't be able to make it up with money, NOT during a competition. If you truly want to have people respect the Tournament winners, than this is how you MUST run your tournament. And for the people who complain about not being able to use gems, then they DEFINITELY do not need to be the winners especially in the Silver Cup.

*Should not be allowed is what I meant but it wouldn't let me edit.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Blackstar1 said:

Lol I can't play for my league since I have so many enemies now , Spartans 34 are my biggest and angriest league that hates me a lot ?

Never heard of them, go kick their butts

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, SnakeEater said:

*Should not be allowed is what I meant but it wouldn't let me edit.

I'm all for spending and buying gems but you shouldn't be able to buy the tournament.... Sure spend it doesn't matter but when it takes away from the fun and competition and just becomes a spending battle where there is little to no skill... that's what we should avoid. That's why he said spending limit. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Waffles said:

I'm all for spending and buying gems but you shouldn't be able to buy the tournament.... Sure spend it doesn't matter but when it takes away from the fun and competition and just becomes a spending battle where there is little to no skill... that's what we should avoid. That's why he said spending limit. 

Snake eater well said!

Waffles is also correct though. We all know gems are part of the game, more so for some than others. I myself don't buy many normally but "had" to during cup to survive. 

The cup battles should not be determined by who has a bigger wallet it's all about league skill on the battlefield, and gems is part of it. But there must be a level playing field. Maybe a "buy in" for everyone joining the cup. Or a set limit of x amount of gems per battlefield.  The last silver cup was more of a fight for survival against an unlimited gem load and I'm told bronze was the same. 

I can't speak for everyone, but I won't be in the cup again unless there is some limit. Many I have talked to feel the same way. It's not fun or competitive to be an ant on the map just waiting to be smashed by a giant pile of gems. 

• Upvote 2

I'm with the limit for sure, it sounds great but how would they implement something? It feels like it would exclude quite a bit of people. It really is a hard balance here trying to get a level playing field for people. 

In my experience in the last tournament was great. Until you meet a league that buys everything, resources, gemming up cities. Gemming a full army after defeating there army, Everything. This kinda thing makes the players  depend on  gems to do everything. Completely throwing skills and strategy off the table. It's a tournament.. There should be a limit of gem use. besides. It is a war strategy game??.  we all gem. But in a tournament should be about skill and strategy. Not who is the best wallet warriors. Where's the Hounor in that ? 

• Upvote 2

I fully agree

2 hours ago, Battleskarz said:

In my experience in the last tournament was great. Until you meet a league that buys everything, resources, gemming up cities. Gemming a full army after defeating there army, Everything. This kinda thing makes the players  depend on  gems to do everything. Completely throwing skills and strategy off the table. It's a tournament.. There should be a limit of gem use. besides. It is a war strategy game??.  we all gem. But in a tournament should be about skill and strategy. Not who is the best wallet warriors. Where's the Hounor in that ? 

• Upvote 1

Gems were separated when we did beta-testing. I would think it could be done in cup/league maps. Just need the developers to say it's possible & agree on an amount. 

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Waffles said:

Well waffles many people talked about this and you had a different answer so change of heart :D

11 hours ago, Supehooman said:

Well waffles many people talked about this and you had a different answer so change of heart :D

I have never been against spending gems but every time I have simply suggested a limit of some sort so people can't buy the tournament. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Waffles said:

I have never been against spending gems but every time I have simply suggested a limit of some sort so people can't buy the tournament. 

Ol

16 hours ago, Hitgirl said:

Gems were separated when we did beta-testing. I would think it could be done in cup/league maps. Just need the developers to say it's possible & agree on an amount. 

Then the real question assuming they can seep rate the gems, is how many. 2,000 per cup battle map?  Most have about that much just from rewards. It's enough to help you in a jam but not swing the favor of a whole map. And it's $9.99 per map if you need to buy them. Not enough to break the bank either. Where do you guys think the limit should be?

Playing devils advocate here....if everyone wants an equal playing field for tournaments, don't just stop at not allowing gems, request that all troop level upgrades that are done with gold be removed just for tournament so troop levels are the same for every player...and for that matter, allow everyone full use of tactics...any lower ranked players may not have all 8 tactic slots unlocked and that creates a disadvantage.  Gemming doesn't mean automatic wins, you have to know game tactics and strategies to really dominate.  

You see what i did there?  I am putting things into perspective and i am sure many saying no gem use wouldnt like for troop upgrades and tactics to be taken away or equal....this game has too many bugs for me to be concerned with a league winning a tournament because they like to gem and apparently never sleep for a 4 day period...or have multiple people playing an account...either way, bug fixes before more changes is what i want to see.

• Upvote 1

On September 20, 2016 at 5:55 PM, WildHawk said:

Playing devils advocate here....if everyone wants an equal playing field for tournaments, don't just stop at not allowing gems, request that all troop level upgrades that are done with gold be removed just for tournament so troop levels are the same for every player...and for that matter, allow everyone full use of tactics...any lower ranked players may not have all 8 tactic slots unlocked and that creates a disadvantage.  Gemming doesn't mean automatic wins, you have to know game tactics and strategies to really dominate.  

You see what i did there?  I am putting things into perspective and i am sure many saying no gem use wouldnt like for troop upgrades and tactics to be taken away or equal....this game has too many bugs for me to be concerned with a league winning a tournament because they like to gem and apparently never sleep for a 4 day period...or have multiple people playing an account...either way, bug fixes before more changes is what i want to see.

I see where your going there and yes to be fully equal troop upgrades would have to be equal and all tactics available to all. But those are both smaller upgrades, and are not game changers either way. We're not comparing apples to apples anymore.

troop upgrades and tacts don't instantly pacify a city, or rouse a full army or buy resources, buy tact points, ect, ect... Only gems do that, and a crap ton buys you a cleared map. Look at the results from the first battle of S2. 

We battled with cocidius, Players and Thorpac. It was a great map, we all gemmed a bit, we had different tacts and troop upgrades, and it wasn't a blow out in any direction. We all had fun battled hard and had a couple emoji ? afterwords in global chat.  That map is what the cup battles should be.  It was exactly what I thought the cup would be...

• Upvote 1

On September 20, 2016 at 2:55 PM, WildHawk said:

We could take that a step further.

No gems. No tactics other than the starting three. No league city units. No tech. [I have gone too far already] No mission armaments.

I might be the only one who would agree to this but it sounds fun to me.

I will also explain how each of these might be a bad idea.

Gems: The game needs money. Look everywhere else on the forum if you need to know more about that argument.

Tactics: Everyone who has higher tactics, uses them. Without the higher ones everyone who has them would have to massively change how they play. At the same time the starting three are needed for gameplay, without infantry everything you do is a waste of time, without last minute scout drops you will be blind in battle, and you shouldn't have to walk an entire city away just to resupply basic supplies.

League city armaments: The one I am targeting the most is large transports. The introduction of these critically changed gameplay for all players, you can move around tanks and massive amounts more units in general. Nothing wrong with them but not being able to use these units would force players to focus on ground movement to just slow down gameplay in general. Thus forcing higher cooperation for long distance attacks.

Tech: This is hard earned by the players who have it. Every unit higher in tech will be stronger than a unit lower and gives a scaled affect when in masses of that troop. Removing it in a tourney would even up playing fields and also cause great outrage.

Mission armaments: Because why not. The point of them in the first place is to reward players for completing actions. Removing these is most likely a bad idea but it will force players to attack the resource zones with what little troops are still available to them in order to build more troops.

This is a very bad idea and I'm not going to get much support most likely but if it somehow is added I would for sure play it.

Edited by Harmless
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Harmless said:

We could take that a step further.

No gems. No tactics other than the starting three. No league city units. No tech. [I have gone too far already] No mission armaments.

I might be the only one who would agree to this but it sounds fun to me.

I will also explain how each of these might be a bad idea.

Gems: The game needs money. Look everywhere else on the forum if you need to know more about that argument.

Tactics: Everyone who has higher tactics, uses them. Without the higher ones everyone who has them would have to massively change how they play. At the same time the starting three are needed for gameplay, without infantry everything you do is a waste of time, without last minute scout drops you will be blind in battle, and you shouldn't have to walk an entire city away just to resupply basic supplies.

League city armaments: The one I am targeting the most is large transports. The introduction of these critically changed gameplay for all players, you can move around tanks and massive amounts more units in general. Nothing wrong with them but not being able to use these units would force players to focus on ground movement to just slow down gameplay in general. Thus forcing higher cooperation for long distance attacks.

Tech: This is hard earned by the players who have it. Every unit higher in tech will be stronger than a unit lower and gives a scaled affect when in masses of that troop. Removing it in a tourney would even up playing fields and also cause great outrage.

Mission armaments: Because why not. The point of them in the first place is to reward players for completing actions. Removing these is most likely a bad idea but it will force players to attack the resource zones with what little troops are still available to them in order to build more troops.

This is a very bad idea and I'm not going to get much support most likely but if it somehow is added I would for sure play it.

Haha. That's a bold idea. Actually some new players usually quit this game because the 8 days game mode. It sounds like reset and meaningless repetition. But it isn't. We will get gold, diamonds, army rank XP and dark iron points according to our performance in each field. Gold can be used to upgrade units in Tech Tree so we can always command more and more powerful troops in fields. XP and dark iron points can improve our profile and world ranking, also helps unlock new tactics and uplimit of tactic points. This game mode can offer relatively fair start for new players and also give some advantages(experience, high tech, great profile, more tactics) to old players. These advantages including more ranking rewards are hard earned by players. I think it it fair for them to use it on tourney.  :) 

But maybe in future when multiple maps are offered and your idea can be realized someday. Who knows? ;)