World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Air power

Supehooman

I think there is more of a lack of air power than sea power.there is only 6 planes 2 of which are inaccurate to history (giant transport & jet fighter). I think we can fix this with new planes like dive bombers,fighter bombers, and torpedo planes.by any means don't take out the Jets and giga transports just add new planes like the ones I just said.

suggestions:ju87 stuka the German blitz dive bomber,bf109e German fighter bomber,and japanese val torpedo bomber.

11 minutes ago, Supehooman said:

I think there is more of a lack of air power than sea power.there is only 6 planes 2 of which are inaccurate to history (giant transport & jet fighter). I think we can fix this with new planes like dive bombers,fighter bombers, and torpedo planes.by any means don't take out the Jets and giga transports just add new planes like the ones I just said.

suggestions:ju87 stuka the German blitz dive bomber,bf109e German fighter bomber,and japanese val torpedo bomber.

Following that up here are pictures of some planes as examples:

Junkers ju 87 Stuka

image.jpgJapanese Val 

image.jpgimage.jpgand finally the American avenger 

image.jpgimage.jpg

• Upvote 2

I don't agree about the airpower in this game, I feel it is pretty balanced. I also have to disagree with you about the jet and giant transport being inaccurate.

The Giant transport is the ME 323 which was a powered variant of the glider the Germans used for their airborne troops. There were around 200-220 produced and used during WWII.

Now the the jet that is represented in this game was built as a prototype during the war it never made it into production or saw active service but the Germans did produce the ME 262. There were about 1400 made but no more than 200 were in service at any time during WWII, they also chalked up around 450 kills during the war.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Also the planes that you have mentioned in this post are all specialty aircraft used for targets on the ground or water, none of the planes mentioned could matchup to even the worst of the fighters during the war. 

The Ju 87 Stuka was a dive bomber used primarily verses armored vehicles, their were whistles or (screamers) on the wings to cause fear in the troops being targeted. The Allies learned during the war that they were vulnerable when pulling out of their dive because the pilots would black out for a few seconds from the G-forces. 

The Val, sorry but the worst plane of the war. It was a mid range bomber that had no range and very little carry capacity to make it very effective in its role. They were used some as a fighter and the Americans loved them.

the Avenger was a carrier base torpedo bomber that flew low and slow. The Zero could literally fly circles around it.

Sorry I don't mean to bash your aircraft, but none of them would make effective fighters in this game and the uses they specialized in wouldn't apply in this games mode of play.

• Upvote 3

Sorry bout the giga transport I did more research and it appears it is accurate.

also I agree with the ME 262 model I have talked about it before on forum.

i don't have a lot of stuff to work off of but the speciality aircraft do what they are made for espeicialy the avenger and Stuka + these Are just suggestions no need to get technical with weaknesses

also the Stuka would be great for the game it is the perfect early bomber it would fit so well in the game

Edited by Supehooman
cause Stukas are the best
  • Upvote 1

I totally agree with you on the fact the the Avenger and the Stuka were extremely effective at the specific tasks they were built for. I am also willing to admit when I am wrong, I misinterpreted your reason for the Stuka. I also think it would make a really good early game bomber. It would be cool to see it as a match for the scout. Maybe at level 5 basically have no more influence on the late game outcome around the same lines as the scout that is basically ineffective as an air superiority platform when fighters enter the game. And yes I would love to the the ME 262 replace the ME 1101. The ME 262 was the first mass produced and very effective jet fighter.

Great discussion by the way, I love talking history and strategy. Also if I ever seem offensive, I don't mean to be. I am just a pretty straight forward kind of guy.

I also think they could put the FA 223 Drache in game as an infantry only transport platform. It would be cool to have a way of quickly moving infantry type troops including Towed artillery and AT guns.

image.jpeg

Edited by SnakeEater
Grammer
  • Upvote 2

i think that the air as it is now, especially bombers, is a little too powerful.  bombers are a one size fits all "i win" button. the ground forces require much more thought to use, and decisions have to be made balancing what task needs to be done vs your troop  count.

for example, stugs are good vs buildings, but poor vs everything else, tanks are ok vs most things but excell vs nothing. anti tank guns are excellent vs armor, but thats all. when putting your force together, care must be take in organizing your forces.

not so much with bombers. build lots of bombers and bomb stuff. any idiot can, and do. not that challenging. the end game tends to be just endless bomber streams. imo it takes away from the game.

what if they specilized the air more like the ground.

for instance. a light bomber (say your Stuka) would be good vs troops and ships but poor vs buildings. med bomber could be ok vs most things but good vs nothing, and strategic bombers could be excellent vs buildings and poor vs everything else.

it would, imo, make the air portion far more interesting and require some of the interesting tradeoffs that make the ground war such a good fight.

Edited by MkV
spelling
  • Upvote 3