World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Some Ideas for monetization

MkV

As players who enjoy this game, some of the WeFew guys were discussing some ideas that we though might be worth listing in regards to monetizing options for this game.I thought I'd toss some of them out here to try and get some fedback to the devs and perhaps have others pitch in with their thoughts.
Disclaimer: I am not a programmer, nor a game designer, so I don't know the difficulty of implementing any of these ideas, I just wanted to throw them out there as food for thought. 

Things we'd be willing to pay for that we don't think would turn the game into a pay-to-win:

some examples are:

A Construction adviser that gave you Build ques and possibly an x% reduction in build times or "Finish now for free" under a certain time option. (5 minutes, 2 minutes, that would be determined)

An industrial adviser that provided a x% bonus to resources

A Manufacturing adviser that reduced armament build times and/or "Finish now for free" under a certain time option. (5 minutes, 2 minutes, that would be determined)

A Training adviser that reduced training times and/or "Finish now for free" under a certain time option. (5 minutes, 2 minutes, that would be determined) (might even have one for air/land/and sea)

Medical adviser that reduced refilling times and/or "Finish now for free" under a certain time option. (5 minutes, 2 minutes, that would be determined)

Logistics officer for expansions

etc.

One idea would be to have them each purchased individually for gems for a given time period, or, a monthly subscription that gave you access to all of them.

These aren't really a replacement for the current gem system, just an add on. (Although, I personally would like to see gemming repairs and builds for a city under attack blocked similar to the way the shield is supposed to work)

Regards,

MkV

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, MkV said:

As players who enjoy this game, some of the WeFew guys were discussing some ideas that we though might be worth listing in regards to monetizing options for this game.I thought I'd toss some of them out here to try and get some fedback to the devs and perhaps have others pitch in with their thoughts.
Disclaimer: I am not a programmer, nor a game designer, so I don't know the difficulty of implementing any of these ideas, I just wanted to throw them out there as food for thought. 

Things we'd be willing to pay for that we don't think would turn the game into a pay-to-win:

some examples are:

A Construction adviser that gave you Build ques and possibly an x% reduction in build times or "Finish now for free" under a certain time option. (5 minutes, 2 minutes, that would be determined)

An industrial adviser that provided a x% bonus to resources

A Manufacturing adviser that reduced armament build times and/or "Finish now for free" under a certain time option. (5 minutes, 2 minutes, that would be determined)

A Training adviser that reduced training times and/or "Finish now for free" under a certain time option. (5 minutes, 2 minutes, that would be determined) (might even have one for air/land/and sea)

Medical adviser that reduced refilling times and/or "Finish now for free" under a certain time option. (5 minutes, 2 minutes, that would be determined)

Logistics officer for expansions

etc.

One idea would be to have them each purchased individually for gems for a given time period, or, a monthly subscription that gave you access to all of them.

These aren't really a replacement for the current gem system, just an add on. (Although, I personally would like to see gemming repairs and builds for a city under attack blocked similar to the way the shield is supposed to work)

Regards,

MkV

Did you play Kingdoms too much?

57 minutes ago, Nonhuman said:

I love this game because it is like no other. I don't want it to become more like them.

actually this game is very similar to infintum. There are some differences and each game does certain things better. imo this game is superior, but that dosent invalidate things that other games do that work.

i too like this game and would like to see it be (or stay) profitable, hence the ideas of features that we would be willing to pay for. right now there is not a huge incentive to spend money because they have done a very good job making the ftp competitive. the only thing that imo seems pay to win is the repairs and pacifies during combat. if you remove that there is even less incentive to pay for the game. game designers need to make money though and im certainly willing to pay them, but id like to feel like i was getting more for my money than i currently do. it is always difficult balancing monetizing a game and balancing it against pay to win. this game does a very good job at that imo. having said that, i think there is room for improvement.

6 hours ago, Jane said:

Thanks for being so supportive. It means a lot for us! :571f478e1db2b_QQ20160426184705:

But look, this game is unique ( infintum doesn't exist anymore ) and he tries to use his psychological tricks to make it look like Infintum or stuff like that! What's next he will say that he refuses to pay because it is too boring for him? Then what will you do, jump into future or whatever that game was about... I am trying to make you face the fact that he is going to manipulate you with money!

Plus, I am getting killed almost each and every single time I enter the battlefield. You know by whom, by people that are 5 ranks higher than me! They are also buying dimonds or why would they not pull all their troops on defense? And when I am destroying their village, they instantly repair it! And then they come with all their army of 42 units and crush me! But imagine, I still resist somehow!  And know imagine how I will be resisting when they will have an advisor that gives +50% xp or attack or whatever!

6 hours ago, Nonhuman said:

But look, this game is unique ( infintum doesn't exist anymore ) and he tries to use his psychological tricks to make it look like Infintum or stuff like that! What's next he will say that he refuses to pay because it is too boring for him? Then what will you do, jump into future or whatever that game was about... I am trying to make you face the fact that he is going to manipulate you with money!

Plus, I am getting killed almost each and every single time I enter the battlefield. You know by whom, by people that are 5 ranks higher than me! They are also buying dimonds or why would they not pull all their troops on defense? And when I am destroying their village, they instantly repair it! And then they come with all their army of 42 units and crush me! But imagine, I still resist somehow!  And know imagine how I will be resisting when they will have an advisor that gives +50% xp or attack or whatever!

I am not sure you are understanding what MkV is saying. That being said I will try to explain. WeFew as a league were discussing different ideas that we could recommend to the developers to allow for the game to generate income, while not becoming a pay to win type of game. The current purchases are for gems or diamonds, whatever your preference in calling them. These said gems can be used for a multitude of things during game play. Most of the things do not impact the game in a way that superior tactics can't overcome. There are some things though that gems can be used on that can and does greatly influence the outcome of a given battle. These things include but are not limited to the following; instant repair, instant pacify, and purchasing of tactics points. There are many of the perks of using gems that I in particular, would like to take advantage of but am restricted to the use of the ones mentioned so I can balance the use of gems in this way against me. I can see by your post that you don't like the use of gems in the manner I have listed also. Our ideas that MkV has listed in this post doesn't change this game at all except recommend ways to limit the use of purchases to influence the outcome of game play but still allow for revenue to be generated by the developers.

If you still don't understand what I have explained, and you do anything other than "Oh, ok I get it now" than I don't know how else to explain it. Because everything in your post I just quoted is exactly what our recommendations are attempting to prevent.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...