World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Famous Commanders of WWII

Guest Manson1975

Guest Manson1975

Commanders:

War makes hero, on the battlefield, only the strongest and bravest commanders can survive and bring their troops home safely, throughout the history of WWII, many commanders stood out for their military talents, their brutality, their personality and bravery. Today, let us take a look at some of the most famous commanders of WWII.

George Smith Patton, Jr.

Pattonphoto.jpg

George Patton is one of the most famous commanders in the U.S. army, on November 11, 1885, Patton was born to a family with extensive military background, in the year 1942, during Operation Torch, Patton led his troops into the invasion of Casablanca, where he later established himself as an effective commander,  he commanded the U.S. Seventh Army during the invasion of Sicily, led the invasion of Normandy in June 1944, and after the Battle of Bulge, he led the Third Army into Nazi Germany by the end of war.

Alexander Novikov

C4HwiNUcFAY.jpg

Born on November 19th, 1900, Novikov was the Chief Marshal of the Soviet Air Force,  he was the man who has piloted Red Air Force through the dark days into the present limelight, Time magazine calls him: master of tactical air power.  Novikov worked specifically on the improvement tactic and front line coordination. During the siege of Stalingrad, under Novikov’s command, German Air Force lost 130 planes, in later battles such as Battle of Kursk and Battle of Königsberg, Novikov and his Air Force played an important role.

Chester William Nimitz

Chester_Nimitz_as_CNO.jpg

Born February 2nd, 1885, Chester Nimitz was an icon of the U.S. Navy, in his early years he was the authority of submarine in the Navy, in the year 1941 he was promoted by Roosevelt to commander-in-chief, he slowed down the Japanese invasion in the Pacific ocean, and participated in many famous battles like Battle of the Coral Sea, Battle of Midway and Guadalcanal Campaign, because of the victories he brought, he was deeply admired by the American people, and in memory of his contribution, the Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier is named after him.

Otto Moritz Walter Model

88783fe69d9a70a3275da3051c5e0897.jpg

Walter Model was born in January 24th, 1891, he was famous for his brutality, defensive warfare, in 1942, due to his tenacious fighting style and his dedication to the Nazi, Hitler considered him as his best field commander and repeatedly tasked him with retrieving desperate situations. After Model was defeated at the Battle of the Bulge, his relationship with Hitler broke down. In April 1945, with the Third Reich's defeat imminent, Model committed suicide rather than be captured and stand trial for war crimes.

Raymond Ames Spruance

Spruance_Raymond_A__portrait.jpg

Born on July 3rd, 1886, Spruance was a U.S. Navy admiral during WWII, Spruance commanded U.S. naval forces during two of the most significant naval battles that took place in the Pacific theater, the Battle of Midway and the Battle of the Philippine Sea. The Battle of Midway was the first major victory for the United States over Japan and is seen by many as the turning point of the Pacific war. Spruance was nicknamed "electric brain" for his calmness even in moments of supreme crisis, a reputation enhanced by his successful tactics at Midway.

Now you might ask, why did we specifically select and introduce these five commanders here? Well, we have a big surprise waiting for you in our next big update, please stay tuned.

• Peter pinned and featured this topic

the most famous soldiors

:bitch_please-min:thank you to those who saved us:bitch_please-min:

5 minutes ago, liltwisted3 said:

the most famous soldiors

5 minutes ago, liltwisted3 said:

the most famous soldiors

We all have different countries and we all have different soldiers but which one is the best

Guest Manson1975
On 2016/9/2 at 10:49 PM, Nonhuman said:

Why I have never heard of this moderator?

I'm the new guy:D

On 2016/9/2 at 10:49 PM, Nonhuman said:

Why I have never heard of this moderator?

I'm the new guy:D

On 2016/9/3 at 4:16 AM, Supehooman said:

I feel stupid cause of the ending of his post:argggg-min:

Well...I'm trying to keep things mysterious...

On 2016/9/3 at 0:06 AM, Boulzac said:

Always nice to see bits of history resurfaced. I hope young one will take the time to read the article.

I did some research before I wrote this, I hope i didn't make mistakes in the post...

• Guest unpinned this topic