Jump to content
World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Recommended Posts

 I've been on this game since the beginning!!! I've played many maps, in several leagues, and made awesome friends!! I appreciate all the players for making the game fun and the designers for consistency in updating and keeping the game interesting.! However a league battle should be a skilled event between leagues the test your groups skill and determination. If we have to spend $200-$300 in Gems to win a league battle then the fun is out and the game is over.. I love this game but the gemming in a league tourney should be None or limited to no more than 2500-5000 a day. I've played against plenty of people who use gems, but never against a league who ,by my count used more than 60,000 gems on one city to keep it alive ! That is rediculous to spend gems like that let alone when it happens the entire time of the map operations. Something has to change before the next tourney or you may have teams boycott the tourney as some have already quoted. Again I love this game but this needs to change! I am not the only one who sees the ignorance of the design of putting money over skill. If this is how this game operates then I will remove it from my life . So many games go down this path and it takes the fun out of it. Skill is not earned but bought !!!!! Gemmers need limits in special battles like tournaments. You tell me how it's ok for a league to produce units continuously using gems against a league that has no gems... Not a battle I'm interested in and if you tell me well buy gems to match them then I'll tell you your game is heads ding the wrong direction and will end up like most strategy games I've played. Again limit gems in league battles to make it a fun more competitive atmosphere and the bigger maps are fun regardless! Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope it has purpose..

image.png

image.png

  • Upvote 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016/8/23 at 1:53 AM, Kahners said:

 I've been on this game since the beginning!!! I've played many maps, in several leagues, and made awesome friends!! I appreciate all the players for making the game fun and the designers for consistency in updating and keeping the game interesting.! However a league battle should be a skilled event between leagues the test your groups skill and determination. If we have to spend $200-$300 in Gems to win a league battle then the fun is out and the game is over.. I love this game but the gemming in a league tourney should be None or limited to no more than 2500-5000 a day. I've played against plenty of people who use gems, but never against a league who ,by my count used more than 60,000 gems on one city to keep it alive ! That is rediculous to spend gems like that let alone when it happens the entire time of the map operations. Something has to change before the next tourney or you may have teams boycott the tourney as some have already quoted. Again I love this game but this needs to change! I am not the only one who sees the ignorance of the design of putting money over skill. If this is how this game operates then I will remove it from my life . So many games go down this path and it takes the fun out of it. Skill is not earned but bought !!!!! Gemmers need limits in special battles like tournaments. You tell me how it's ok for a league to produce units continuously using gems against a league that has no gems... Not a battle I'm interested in and if you tell me well buy gems to match them then I'll tell you your game is heads ding the wrong direction and will end up like most strategy games I've played. Again limit gems in league battles to make it a fun more competitive atmosphere and the bigger maps are fun regardless! Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope it has purpose..

I agree 100% with tht  then they go saying they dont gem lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact is, this game was built to make money and gems are the premium currency.   For the developers to limit or disallow the use of them in any field would be taking money out of running and developing the game...so like it or not, the "wallet warriors" keep this game running.  Go play Game of War, Mobile Strike, Clash of Clans...any of the big profit games and see who is on top....the ones that spend the most money, that is how these games are designed.  With that said, they are also designed for a casual player that doesn't spend money to be successful to with more struggle of course and more patience.  This game is about tactics and strategy and money mongers aren't always on top if they lack the proper skills and tactics against good tacticians.

Edited by WildHawk
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016/8/23 at 1:53 AM, Kahners said:

 I've been on this game since the beginning!!! I've played many maps, in several leagues, and made awesome friends!! I appreciate all the players for making the game fun and the designers for consistency in updating and keeping the game interesting.! However a league battle should be a skilled event between leagues the test your groups skill and determination. If we have to spend $200-$300 in Gems to win a league battle then the fun is out and the game is over.. I love this game but the gemming in a league tourney should be None or limited to no more than 2500-5000 a day. I've played against plenty of people who use gems, but never against a league who ,by my count used more than 60,000 gems on one city to keep it alive ! That is rediculous to spend gems like that let alone when it happens the entire time of the map operations. Something has to change before the next tourney or you may have teams boycott the tourney as some have already quoted. Again I love this game but this needs to change! I am not the only one who sees the ignorance of the design of putting money over skill. If this is how this game operates then I will remove it from my life . So many games go down this path and it takes the fun out of it. Skill is not earned but bought !!!!! Gemmers need limits in special battles like tournaments. You tell me how it's ok for a league to produce units continuously using gems against a league that has no gems... Not a battle I'm interested in and if you tell me well buy gems to match them then I'll tell you your game is heads ding the wrong direction and will end up like most strategy games I've played. Again limit gems in league battles to make it a fun more competitive atmosphere and the bigger maps are fun regardless! Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope it has purpose..

 

On 2016/8/23 at 5:53 AM, WildHawk said:

The fact is, this game was built to make money and gems are the premium currency.   For the developers to limit or disallow the use of them in any field would be taking money out of running and developing the game...so like it or not, the "wallet warriors" keep this game running.  Go play Game of War, Mobile Strike, Clash of Clans...any of the big profit games and see who is on top....the ones that spend the most money, that is how these games are designed.  With that said, they are also designed for a casual player that doesn't spend money to be successful to with more struggle of course and more patience.  This game is about tactics and strategy and money mongers aren't always on top if they lack the proper skills and tactics against good tacticians.

See I agree with both of you guys. It's true the system needs reform but can't go and say "let's make it gem-free" without the purchases the game wouldn't be here. But in saying that, the purchasers should not rule the game. There needs to be a good balance that allows both genders and normal players to thrive and just allow gemmer to have a bit or convinience on their side... This system truly needs to be thought about from both sides and perfected with the collaboration of players (spenders and non-spenders) and devs.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WildHawk said:

The fact is, this game was built to make money and gems are the premium currency.   For the developers to limit or disallow the use of them in any field would be taking money out of running and developing the game...so like it or not, the "wallet warriors" keep this game running.  Go play Game of War, Mobile Strike, Clash of Clans...any of the big profit games and see who is on top....the ones that spend the most money, that is how these games are designed.  With that said, they are also designed for a casual player that doesn't spend money to be successful to with more struggle of course and more patience.  This game is about tactics and strategy and money mongers aren't always on top if they lack the proper skills and tactics against good tacticians.

I believe what Khan is saying is that when you are in a league tourney and fighting to see who is number one there should be a daily clamp on gem spending. The reason for these tourneys is to see who is the best team not who can spend the most. This wouldn't be the same for regular maps. Everyone understands that gems need to be bought to keep the game moving forward and fun. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 22, 2016 at 5:53 PM, WildHawk said:

The fact is, this game was built to make money and gems are the premium currency.   For the developers to limit or disallow the use of them in any field would be taking money out of running and developing the game...so like it or not, the "wallet warriors" keep this game running.  Go play Game of War, Mobile Strike, Clash of Clans...any of the big profit games and see who is on top....the ones that spend the most money, that is how these games are designed.  With that said, they are also designed for a casual player that doesn't spend money to be successful to with more struggle of course and more patience.  This game is about tactics and strategy and money mongers aren't always on top if they lack the proper skills and tactics against good tacticians.

Well if they keep it how it is its gonna lead to good leagues to boycott tourney and also this might drive away some of its playere meaning less money overall cause 6 people cant keep the game running with what they spend 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez have you guys been surrounded by the credit card Calvary long story short game over:Angry-min:

 

Idea limit on diamond spending. Me and my league the 28th division and our enemy's Devgru hate people who spend money for diamonds. Until Devgru flipped the script

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did we flip the script? We don't buy gems, but if it's strategically advantageous to gem then we gem lol. It's part of the game, if you stockpile your gems you don't have to buy any and can use them sparingly.none of my guys actually buy gems though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 22, 2016 at 5:53 PM, WildHawk said:

The fact is, this game was built to make money and gems are the premium currency.   For the developers to limit or disallow the use of them in any field would be taking money out of running and developing the game...so like it or not, the "wallet warriors" keep this game running.  Go play Game of War, Mobile Strike, Clash of Clans...any of the big profit games and see who is on top....the ones that spend the most money, that is how these games are designed.  With that said, they are also designed for a casual player that doesn't spend money to be successful to with more struggle of course and more patience.  This game is about tactics and strategy and money mongers aren't always on top if they lack the proper skills and tactics against good tacticians.

Using gems are okay. Using 10,000 gems to prevent your city from being capped in a single attack is over powered. There is no amount of skill that can stop an instant pacify. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an idea. Have a league cup where the leagues just bid gems against each other and the one willing to spend the most gets first, second most gets second, etc. It would save everyone a lot of trouble and would probably be a lot less lag. 

/sarcasm off

Seriously though, the argument that the game needs to make money doesn't hold water if the goal is to see who's the best. There are many ways to make money without being pay to win. If however, being pay to win is OK, lets just jump to the money shot and quit pretending its anything but. That way the people who want to pay for trophies can get with it, and the rest of us who enjoy the strategy, tactics, teamwork, etc can go find something else to do.

Just my opinion.

Edited by MkV
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 23, 2016 at 2:56 AM, Waffles said:

 

See I agree with both of you guys. It's true the system needs reform but can't go and say "let's make it gem-free" without the purchases the game wouldn't be here. But in saying that, the purchasers should not rule the game. There needs to be a good balance that allows both genders and normal players to thrive and just allow gemmer to have a bit or convinience on their side... This system truly needs to be thought about from both sides and perfected with the collaboration of players (spenders and non-spenders) and devs.

The first thing we need to do is quit making excuses about the game needs to make money, for one we all know this so let's approach this another way. They still make there money by the no talent guys in the regular battlefield. But if throwing a tournament makes that big of a difference in the gross income for the game and the developers are going to ignore the outcry of the elite players of this game and then others are going to come to their defense, then I say just do what MkV said and I quote;

56 minutes ago, MkV said:

I have an idea. Have a league cup where the leagues just bid gems against each other and the one willing to spend the most gets first, second most gets second, etc. It would save everyone a lot of trouble and would probably be a lot less lag. 

/sarcasm off

Seriously though, the argument that the game needs to make money doesn't hold water if the goal is to see who's the best. There are many ways to make money without being pay to win. If however, being pay to win is OK, lets just jump to the money shot and quit pretending its anything but. That way the people who want to pay for trophies can get with it, and the rest of us who enjoy the strategy, tactics, teamwork, etc can go find something else to do.

Just my opinion.

So I have an idea myself. A really good friend of mine once told me that a dilemma was just a multitude of single problems and if you try to solve all of them at once, then you will never solve any of them. The way through a dilemma is to solve one problem at a time and the dilemma will crumble.

So the dilemma we are facing is not the use of gems, but the use of gems in tournament play. So the purchasing and useing gems during regular games is fine, boom no loss of money for the developers. Next problem.

Tournament play brings in more money because the no talent teams want a pretty banner and can't win without spending, so you see this huge increase in in-game purchases by throwing these things. So now ask yourself is your goal greed or player satisfaction? If it is only about money then please let me know now because I am with the originator of the post and I am gone.

I have seen a lot of other people post great ideas on keeping a balance of money and game play but have seen zero attempts to do anything about it. So if the problem is that you don't want to stop or restrict gem use during tournament play because of the increase in income, then your motive is money. But if your motive is player satisfaction and you still need to make money, then charge an entry fee and have NO gem use in the league tournament. That way you get income and the best league wins, ZERO advantage to anyone. I am talking completely even across the board. No tech bonus, no speeding up build times, nothing. Win by pure talent alone. I GUARANTEE YOU THAT I WOULD PAY TO PLAY IN THAT TOURNAMENT.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SnakeEater said:

The first thing we need to do is quit making excuses about the game needs to make money, for one we all know this so let's approach this another way. They still make there money by the no talent guys in the regular battlefield. But if throwing a tournament makes that big of a difference in the gross income for the game and the developers are going to ignore the outcry of the elite players of this game and then others are going to come to their defense, then I say just do what MkV said and I quote;

So I have an idea myself. A really good friend of mine once told me that a dilemma was just a multitude of single problems and if you try to solve all of them at once, then you will never solve any of them. The way through a dilemma is to solve one problem at a time and the dilemma will crumble.

So the dilemma we are facing is not the use of gems, but the use of gems in tournament play. So the purchasing and useing gems during regular games is fine, boom no loss of money for the developers. Next problem.

Tournament play brings in more money because the no talent teams want a pretty banner and can't win without spending, so you see this huge increase in in-game purchases by throwing these things. So now ask yourself is your goal greed or player satisfaction? If it is only about money then please let me know now because I am with the originator of the post and I am gone.

I have seen a lot of other people post great ideas on keeping a balance of money and game play but have seen zero attempts to do anything about it. So if the problem is that you don't want to stop or restrict gem use during tournament play because of the increase in income, then your motive is money. But if your motive is player satisfaction and you still need to make money, then charge an entry fee and have NO gem use in the league tournament. That way you get income and the best league wins, ZERO advantage to anyone. I am talking completely even across the board. No tech bonus, no speeding up build times, nothing. Win by pure talent alone. I GUARANTEE YOU THAT I WOULD PAY TO PLAY IN THAT TOURNAMENT.

Amen brother.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I have an idea, lets just ban gems in the tourneyments, cause if we do it will really show who is TRUELY the best league in the game for starters, and it will make alot of folks happy cuase of the cheating and hacking excuses going on.

Edited by Chris1107

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charge a cash entry fee. Say 5 dollars. There are 6 guys per team and 6 teams per map.

6x$5=30$

6x$30=$180

So I ask how many maps run per round? I don't know. Each week charge the same $5 dollar entry fee. As player combinations may change, also charge like five dollars for bronze cup, call it a entry cup. Say like $10 for silver and $15 for gold. Have unique prizes for each place finished in a tournament. Also a individual prize for the guys willing to pay the fee. Also a hey, been there done that kinda thing would be nice. Don't substitute diamonds for the entry fee as y'all give them out free as it is but maybe award a set amount of diamonds per cup, just for participating and paying the fee. Also spice it up and have a round or two we're the devs, or moderators put a team together and play as well. It would be awesome to face you guys on the field. Just saying make it interesting and worth it and the teams will come. One last comment open all cups up to all leagues, that way experienced players could play in the silver cup while the rookies could play in the bronze cup, and etc. This would also help increase your revenue btw. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SPC said:

Charge a cash entry fee. Say 5 dollars. There are 6 guys per team and 6 teams per map.

6x$5=30$

6x$30=$180

So I ask how many maps run per round? I don't know. Each week charge the same $5 dollar entry fee. As player combinations may change, also charge like five dollars for bronze cup, call it a entry cup. Say like $10 for silver and $15 for gold. Have unique prizes for each place finished in a tournament. Also a individual prize for the guys willing to pay the fee. Also a hey, been there done that kinda thing would be nice. Don't substitute diamonds for the entry fee as y'all give them out free as it is but maybe award a set amount of diamonds per cup, just for participating and paying the fee. Also spice it up and have a round or two we're the devs, or moderators put a team together and play as well. It would be awesome to face you guys on the field. Just saying make it interesting and worth it and the teams will come. One last comment open all cups up to all leagues, that way experienced players could play in the silver cup while the rookies could play in the bronze cup, and etc. This would also help increase your revenue btw. 

 

Honestly by locking up content from players unable to pay is the wrong direction. I see where you are going with this but currently even people that are in no position to pay will get shafted reducing overall participation in the tournament. Although this model would work well in theory, it won't work in practice... not without keeping the game the way it is now. However it's not a bad idea so let's continue coming up with ideas that can possibly help Devs in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Waffles said:

Honestly by locking up content from players unable to pay is the wrong direction. I see where you are going with this but currently even people that are in no position to pay will get shafted reducing overall participation in the tournament. Although this model would work well in theory, it won't work in practice... not without keeping the game the way it is now. However it's not a bad idea so let's continue coming up with ideas that can possibly help Devs in the future.

Then don't lock it up keep the tourney the way it is and add this model as a option for a diamond free tournament. In addition they could add entry tokens, like earning tokens for inviting new gamers, liking on social media sites, game performance, time played the options are limitless. This would allow everyone to earn there way into the dimond free tournament. In closing a tournament with token/cash entry would also help promote the game and bring in revenue. And free advertisement is a plus. Just a lil extra spin. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 5, 2016 at 9:09 PM, Waffles said:

Honestly by locking up content from players unable to pay is the wrong direction. I see where you are going with this but currently even people that are in no position to pay will get shafted reducing overall participation in the tournament. Although this model would work well in theory, it won't work in practice... not without keeping the game the way it is now. However it's not a bad idea so let's continue coming up with ideas that can possibly help Devs in the future.

Like communism!

 

(Prepares for barrage of angry political Comments)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...