World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Connection error message queue

BladeGuner

image.thumb.png.cdde168d57ac52007f7540bbimage.thumb.png.d44e4abdbd3bf9344e9cafbdI lost a fighter unit due to a bug in the message thread. See attachments. The message that my fighter was under attack was never recovered by the client from the server. By chance I noticed a set of 3 fighters being attacked by a turret. I noticed after one of the fighters had already been killed. I wondered why I never received the notice that the group was under attack so I checked the messages, that's when I found the first attacked screenshot. I restarted the program and found 17 messages that had been held up in the queue, note second screen shot. I believe there is a error in the message thread causing it to stall and not send the messages to the client. All other game function seemed normal, I was not getting the overall message that the server was not reachable by the client. 

The forum editor switched the order of the screenshots, sorry for any confusion. " never recovered" should be " never received" and "Attacked screenshot" should be "attached screenshot". Having a bit of trouble with the editor changing my words...

image.thumb.png.cdde168d57ac52007f7540bbimage.thumb.png.d44e4abdbd3bf9344e9cafbdI lost a fighter unit due to a bug in the message thread. See attachments. The message that my fighter was under attack was never recovered by the client from the server. By chance I noticed a set of 3 fighters being attacked by a turret. I noticed after one of the fighters had already been killed. I wondered why I never received the notice that the group was under attack so I checked the messages, that's when I found the first attacked screenshot. I restarted the program and found 17 messages that had been held up in the queue, note second screen shot. I believe there is a error in the message thread causing it to stall and not send the messages to the client. All other game function seemed normal, I was not getting the overall message that the server was not reachable by the client. 

The forum editor switched the order of the screenshots, sorry for any confusion. " never recovered" should be " never received" and "Attacked screenshot" should be "attached screenshot". Having a bit of trouble with the editor changing my words...

Hey man, sincerely sorry for the trouble it has caused. I will forward this issue to our tech crew immediately. 

Hey blade I also understand the problem I will get a connection error once in awhile when I'm in bad connection, when I'm on my wifi I never get the problem. If your connection goes down just reconnect and you should be good to go. I learned this a week ago, but due to me always having wifi I never get it anymore :)

Sorry Peter, most of the time your great, but this time the answer was in the screenshot, and you missed it. The first 3 messages are about troop getting attacked. And fearme, the overall game connection wasn't bad, I was playing, controlling troops and everything seemed normal. Not to get too technical, but this is a game made up of multiple different processes or "thread" in developer speak, that talk to each other... My suspicion is that the thread that handles the messaging has a bug that caused it to stop running. Rebooting the game cleared the thread and got it running again. It really has nothing to do with my network connection, it was fine.

Sorry Peter, most of the time your great, but this time the answer was in the screenshot, and you missed it. The first 3 messages are about troop getting attacked. And fearme, the overall game connection wasn't bad, I was playing, controlling troops and everything seemed normal. Not to get too technical, but this is a game made up of multiple different processes or "thread" in developer speak, that talk to each other... My suspicion is that the thread that handles the messaging has a bug that caused it to stop running. Rebooting the game cleared the thread and got it running again. It really has nothing to do with my network connection, it was fine.

Sir, sometimes because there is too much info to load at this interface, it may have some lags. You can try to load this page again. Thank you sir for reporting to us!

Well Peter, I told you how I solved the issue... I did try to reload the page multiple times over a 15 minute period. Restarting the program was the only thing that cleared the problem. The message thread was stuck, in some kind of infinit loop or some other problem that kept it from passing messages to the client. It wasn't overloaded, it's just broken. If you chose to ignore that fact it will stay broken. I'm done trying to educate you. This is my last attempt on this subject. I wish software companies would hire people who have some knowledge about how these things work. I have been writing multithreaded client server for over 30 years, I know what I'm talking about. 

Well Peter, I told you how I solved the issue... I did try to reload the page multiple times over a 15 minute period. Restarting the program was the only thing that cleared the problem. The message thread was stuck, in some kind of infinit loop or some other problem that kept it from passing messages to the client. It wasn't overloaded, it's just broken. If you chose to ignore that fact it will stay broken. I'm done trying to educate you. This is my last attempt on this subject. I wish software companies would hire people who have some knowledge about how these things work. I have been writing multithreaded client server for over 30 years, I know what I'm talking about. 

Hey man, I am not the tech so I know little about this. But I have forwarded this issue to our tech crew to take care of. This issue may be fixed in future updates. Many thanks for reporting and explaining this to us. That's really considerate. :)