Once again instead of taking the time to properly analyze what it is people are complaining about, to really understand the issues behind what is being vocalized we have already decided on a probable course of action that will do NOTHING to solve the real issue. I think its important that we take them time to really break it down to understand the problem and find a proper solution.
Complaint: People are saying Self healing is OP
Analysis: Why are people saying Self healing is OP? Because between nearly equal forces facing off on the battlefield and equal knowledge of the game mechanics by the players, combat victory or defeat is determined by which side has more heals. This is the tactic also known as heal spam. This is one of the main reasons why there are SOOOOOOOOOO many alts leagues and alt accounts in the community, to ensure a virtually unlimited supply of heals to the Main leagues and players.
Proposed solutions: There are basically two proposed solutions to discuss as the 3rd is the combination of two and none of them are adequate.
1. Nurf the heal tactic from 30% hp restoration to x<30%: This solution does NOTHING to resolve the main problem of heal spam no matter to what x% you lower the hp restoration. People will simply create more alt accounts to compensate.
2. Restrict the pool from which the heal spammers can draw heals from: This solution on paper seems better than the first one but its just as ineffective at dealing with the real issue. People will simply ensure that 75%-80% of the accounts in a BF have the heal tactic. As I said earlier all that does is restrict how many heals each league has to draw on it does NOTHING to stop the heal spam. It does NOTHING to address alt accounts as people will simply bring them into the same league as their main account instead of leaving them in the alt league. More importantly battles will still be decided by how many heals you have on hand mainly how many active members and active alt accounts you have on hand, during the time of the battle, compared to the guy you are fighting. There is no strategy involved in this lest we forget this is a strategy simulation.
What can be a REAL solution to alleviate the heal spam tactic keep in mind I am not a programmer I don't know how hard or easy this is to implement that is why I offer three possibilities. I guarantee any one of them or more combined together will solve the heal spam phenomenon once and for all.
1. In a given time period say 1 hour decrease the effectiveness of every successive heal dropped; so first heal 30% hp restoration, 2nd heal 10% hp restoration, 3rd heal 2% hp restoration and so on till the value is 0
2. Instead of 30% hp restoration of the unit's total HP make it 30% hp restoration of the unit's remaining HP
3. Instead of 30% hp restoration for all units in a 200 range radius, make it the 30% hp restoration total spread out according to how may units are in the 200 range radius; meaning 10 units getting healed only get 3% hp restoration.
Voila no more heal spam, goodness gracious maybe people will actually have to use some gray matter instead of trying to SPAM things like tactics and units.