App Available on Android Now 08/16/2016Commanders, the Android Official Version has released, please go to Google Play to get it. To those commanders who participated the open beta, you can continue your previous progress in the official version. More info, please check the specific post.
The 8th Combat Squadron is a Fictional Military Simulation Unit that focuses on unified tactics both on and off the field. If curious about the unit, please visit www.8thcs.com or message and 8th member.
Our primary games are PC based FPS and realism games such as Squad, ARMA and various assorted games. The 8th has also branched out into the airsoft world by bringing the members into the real life mil-sim events we strive so much to immerse ourselves in.
The league is ever growing and we would love for you to be a part of the group! Currently we are looking for active players, we do not care your rank or the amount of hours in. Let's face it, we were all noobs once. All we care about is your dedication and devotion. Give us that, and you will reap the rewards.
As a member of the 8th Combat Squadron Military Simulation Unit (hereby referred to as the 8th) it is your duty to oppose all enemies of the 8th in virtual combat and on a simulated, controlled battlefield. Your behavior is guided by the Code of Conduct which has evolved from the heroic history, experiences and deeds of our members during our many years of existence. Your values are best expressed by our Code of Conduct which you have agreed to abide by, uphold, and defend upon your enlistment into the 8th. You would have these obligations to your unit and your fellow members even if the Code of Conduct had never been formulated as a high standard of general behavior.
To live up to the Code, you must know not only its words but the ideas and principles behind those words. The Code of Conduct is an ethical guide. The articles below deal with your chief concerns as a member of this unit and describe the ideal ethics each member should live by and uphold at all times during their service with the 8th.
Article I - Rectitude:
Innate to all is the sense of knowing right and wrong. This awareness serves to keep us on a path of rightness and fortitude of principle and practice. Simply put, all members of the 8th are expected to do the right thing or make the right decision, not because it is easy, but because it is ethically and morally correct regardless of the outcome or result.
- Do the right thing every time.
- Uphold and comply with all ethical and written standards (this Code, Rules of Engagement, General Orders, etc.) that apply to all members of the 8th.
Article II - Respect:
Members of the 8th show respect by speaking and acting with courtesy. We treat our fellow members, guest to our servers and members of other units (allies or neutral) with dignity and honor. Respect yourself and others will respect you.
- Treat all members and guest(s) of the 8th with respect, dignity and empathy.
- All verbal, nonverbal and written communication, both within the 8th's own mediums (other forums, game servers, voice chat, etc.) and mediums outside of the 8th's (e.g. other clans forum, game servers, etc.) will be conducted in a mutually respectful manner.
Article III - Honor:
Members of the 8th will walk the path that ensures the preservation of self respect and self esteem over and above personal gain, well being, or convenience.
- Do not lie or cheat, nor tolerate those who do.
- Be honest; honorable in all encounters, principles, intentions and actions with all members and our guest(s).
Article IV - Loyalty:
Members of the 8th exhibit a clear and non-negotiable commitment to both the 8th and the other members.
- The Unit above all else (in the virtual world).
- Be devoted to your duties.
- Support the leadership and stand by your Squadron brothers and sisters.
Article V - Courage:
Members of the 8th display courage, not just on the battlefield, but courage to gather the strength of character to walk the righteous path.
- Facing moral fear or adversity; continuing forward on the right path, especially if taking those actions is not popular with others.
- Standing up for and acting upon the things that you know are honorable.